Real Baseball System 2005

jackcasper49

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mine opened fine in mvpedit...i've got the giants organization combed through and am about to shoot you an email with some changes. yeah, i said i'd do royals, but i got a bit sidetracked...i'll do them tomorrow. :mrgreen:

do be aware I have done little to nothing to the Royals, so expect a lot of stuff in need ... if you want to help with them please just send me the 25 guys you think belong on each team, accounting for the way I have the 25 man MLB roster set and understanding injuries mean guys move to AAA who don't belong and so forth

I can help you with the Halos

absolutely ... feedback is paramount ... if you think I am missing someone vital, have a miss rating, goofed on where so and so should be ... let me know, I'm happy to read feedback and get some changes if it needs done

do be aware I have done little to nothing to the Royals, so expect a lot of stuff in need ... if you want to help with them please just send me the 25 guys you think belong on each team, accounting for the way I have the 25 man MLB roster set and understanding injuries mean guys move to AAA who don't belong and so forth

sounds good...i'll comb through them tomorrow.

one other thing i did notice when i was searching for a missing giant was that some big names came up in the FA pool, such as: beltran, glavine, piazza, ben sheets, ivan rodriquez, billy koch...if you want correct teams for notable FA's i can shoot you a list of those as well. let me know.

there were also a few like larkin, rob nen, curtis leskanic that have retired that i'm just going to delete.

as for any crashing, i haven't had anything happen yet with a couple random exhibitions under my belt. :D

sounds good...i'll comb through them tomorrow.

one other thing i did notice when i was searching for a missing giant was that some big names came up in the FA pool, such as: beltran, glavine, piazza, ben sheets, ivan rodriquez, billy koch...if you want correct teams for notable FA's i can shoot you a list of those as well. let me know.

there were also a few like larkin, rob nen, curtis leskanic that have retired that i'm just going to delete.

as for any crashing, i haven't had anything happen yet with a couple random exhibitions under my belt. :D

that seems to be a bug that I am hoping rgalss4 can fix ... if not then I will have to do a long work around to get it cleaned up ... but a list would help I suppose ... mainly a list of retired players would be very beneficial

Jackcasper,

Here is some info on Aaron Heilman, a mets pitcher, from ESPN

Slider

Velocity: AVERAGE - PLUS

Movement: AVERAGE - PLUS

Notes:

Two Seam

Velocity: AVERAGE

Movement: AVERAGE

Notes: 90 Mph Gets Him Ground Balls

Change Up

Rating: AVERAGE - MINUS

Notes: Has The Makings Of A Plus Change

Four Seam

Velocity: AVERAGE - PLUS

Notes: 92 Mph Works The Fastball To Both Sides Of The Plate; Both Deceptive Pitches Due To His Motion

Angle of delivery: Varies

From 3/4 To Low 3/4. High Leg Kick. Possesses A Loose Quick Arm And Gets Good Deception From His Arm Action In The Lower Portion Of His Body

His fastballs and his change-up have a sinking downward movement on them

Also, A few suggestions I would like to make for the Mets:

Cliff Floyd is hitting great against lefties, infact he is hitting well overall, he will eventualy level off, but he should have a lot better numbers than he has had the last season or two.

Matsui and Reyes.....Matsui's fielding attribute is too high and Reyes' is too low, I would swap them......I would also raise Reyes' speed to 91 and his durability to 13....you might want to lower both these guys' plate discipline.......Reyes chases a lot of pitches...and matsui makes a lot of contact, but he goes after a lot of bad pitches

Heredia......I would lower his durability to 3 or 4

Diaz.....his hitting should go up, especially power......and his fielding should go down

Mientkiewicz......I might raise his power....might......I have a feeling he's just getting lucky

I've only had one crash when simulating a Singe A Mets game. Not sure why though as I've simulated an entire season with no problems, so it could have been anything. Plus, I did change the Mets rosters around and added some players from Hagerstown Suns, so it may have just been something I did.

The way to delete those extra players in the free agent pool (Sheets, Mets, etc.) is to go to the All-Star team and drop their ratings to zero and rename them to extra player, or something like that. They will not get signed and then just retire.

I think I noticed a dupe of Scott Stewart & Luis Garcia (in Norfolk and in free agents). Again, I am not 100% sure if it was something I did or not.

In the Mets roster, there are five pitchers, but they are listed 1,2,4,4,5 or something similar, sop this causes an error in the game (The Mets do not have a full rotation"). I fixed it by just moving one guy down in the list in MVPEdit. Also, several teams are missing players from the lineups, leaving only 7 or 8 batters.

As for the All Star/free agent thing, I found out that it is because there are not 255 players in the Free Agent list already. I downloaded Ultimate Rosters, and it has 255 players in the FA pool, and the All Stars don't get put in there. I tried editing the stats yo zero in MVPEdit, but it also changed the stats for the actual player on the regular team.

You have to change the name too.

In the Mets roster, there are five pitchers, but they are listed 1,2,4,4,5 or something similar, sop this causes an error in the game (The Mets do not have a full rotation"). I fixed it by just moving one guy down in the list in MVPEdit. Also, several teams are missing players from the lineups, leaving only 7 or 8 batters.

As for the All Star/free agent thing, I found out that it is because there are not 255 players in the Free Agent list already. I downloaded Ultimate Rosters, and it has 255 players in the FA pool, and the All Stars don't get put in there. I tried editing the stats yo zero in MVPEdit, but it also changed the stats for the actual player on the regular team.

alright guys, I get one day off this week, otherwise I am putting in 60 hours as a member of the management team (new promotion) during our 20th anniversary sales celebration ... Tuesday is my day off and I expect to give most of it to finishing a non-beta (all real player, no bugs, no crashes, tunes, sliders, the whole shebang) version of my RBS2005

hey jack these rosters look great aside from the f.a and a couple of lineup and rotation changes. Ive been testing them out with a certain datafile im using and allstar sliders and the results are awsome.I noticed you lowered alot of the pitchers stamina which for me is probrably the best feature because with the combo of sliders and datafile i use both cpu and user pitchers will throw about 70 to 80 pitches by the 6th inning and its fun to start to struggle with the pitch meter around the 5th inning when my pitchers startrunning out of gas. thanks alot great job

only thing i saw when testing my sounds uniforms (and this may have been addressed) is the default starting pitcher for the sounds tosses an efus (sp?) in the game. meaning i doubt he does in real life but, if you choose for him to throw a sinker i believe, it looks as if he is tossing up a slow pitch softball- overhand of course. other than that i don't know if anyone else sees this problem with other pitchers or not, but the roster is awesome!! thanks for all the work you've done.

hey jack , how you doing.I was playing against the phillies today and i dont know if this was mentioned yet but john lieber is black instead of white. just letting you know.We canalways fix it ourselfes in mvpedit. just wanted to let you know

after a brief (ok, extenended) delay, the project is back for it's grand finale ... it's been really tough this year, with a wedding, a house, a job, a promotion, and all of that, but I think I can get this thing knocked out soon ... then it will be up to the community to play with it from there, since this is likely the final year for me and RBS

Archived