Real Baseball System 2005

jackcasper49

llcmac - So you're saying to export each player indivudually as a .mep file as opposed to using the .met files?

No, you can export more than one player using .mep files...so I export everyone I need to a .mep file and use that.

I once used .met files and it caused major problems.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can work on the following....

Tigers

Phils

Reds

Thursday night will be too tough for me to get these done. Friday night or no later than Saturday morning is more likely.

I will wait for your release to really get started though.

Jack...you'll have to count me out on this one. Sorry. Work schedules changed this weekend. I am working 2nd shift. I thought I'd be able to work on this from Friday afternoon through the morning. But its a no go. I'd only be able to get to this Sunday evening. Sorry.

So put the Tigers, Phils and Reds back in the mix.

I put that roster together for him around the time MVP came out. There were definetly a lot of changes since then. I was working on the met files for him, but if you have them together already send them his way.

-Bryan

Jack - Thanks again for the roster work! :D

I've got a .met file for the Brewers for you. I want to test it and fix a few things up within the game tonight, and I'll send you the file tomorrow.

I did a lot of tweaking to the Milwaukee rosters. Just so you and anyone else who cares know what I did, here are the changes I made:

ML:

Moved P Justin Lehr from ML to AAA

Moved P Ben Hendrickson from ML to AAA

Released P Brooks Kieschnick

Imported P Tommy Phelps from another roster file and put on ML roster

Moved P Gary Glover from AAA to ML

Moved P Matt Wise from AAA to ML

Changed Damian Miller bone profile to Athletic big legs (he was way too fat by default)

Changed a couple of batting stances and a few other little tweaks

Corrected all numbers

AAA:

Corrected all numbers

Moved Lehr and Hendrickson from ML to AAA

Imported Rick Helling from another roster file and put on AAA roster

Moved P Chad Paronto from Springfield Cardinals to Milwaukee AAA

Moved LF Brad Nelson from AA to AAA

Moved CF Ryan Knox from AA to AAA

Released C Mark L Johnson

Dropped P Sam Narron, P John Novinsky

Moved LF Brandon Gemoll, RF Nelson Cruz, P Alec Zumwalt, P Jerome Gamble, P Dennis Sarfate, P Glenn Woolard to AA

Moved P Ryan Costello to A

Created P Clint Weibl, P Mike Meyers, P Kane Davis, P Julio Santana, C Julio Mosquera

Tweaked a few ratings and appearance figures

AA:

Corrected all numbers

Moved Nelson and Knox to AAA

Moved Cruz, Gemoll, Zumwalt, Sarfate, Woolard, Gamble from AAA

Moved P Nick Slack to A

Moved P Khalid Ballouli, OF Kenard Bibbs, P Mitch Stetter from A

Dropped 1b Kade Johnson, C Kelley Gulledge, P Ryan Miller, P Brandon Parillo, P Bo Hall, P Greg Bruso

Changed Vinny Rottino's 1st position to C and 2nd position to UTIL

Created P Josh Habel, P Matt DeWitt, C Jeff Winchester

Tweaked a few ratings and appearance figures and tweaked pitchers pitch types

A:

Corrected any numbers that I knew of for sure - not all of them (no numbers listed for WV Power roster yet)

Moved Slack from AA

Moved Costello from AAA

Dropped Joshua T. Brady, Kenny Durost, Ozzie Chavez

Created P Yovani Gallardo, P Josh Wahpepah, P Robbie Wooley, P Ben Diggins, 1b Grant Richardson, SS Alcides Escobar, 2b/IF Steve Sollman, CF Charlie Fermaint, RF Freddy Parejo

Tweaked a few ratings and appearance figures as well as adjusting pitcher pitches

All rosters have 25 players on them. I tried to pick the best prospects for the A ball club. A few are from Brevard County, a few from West Virginia, one from Helena, and one from the Arizona rookie league. I also set all the lineups and rotations based on box scores I've seen for all the teams early in the season. I might have missed some of the changes I made. Hopefully this helps get the roster done and accurate.

Thanks again for the roster!!! :D :!:

Day Two, tried everything all over again, the game still crashes. :cry:

I'm no expert, but it seems to me as if the game can't display the players or something.

really think it's related to cyberfaces ... will work on it tomorrow when I get a chance ... still waiting for input back from rglass4 and others

Jack and all -

I have the .mep files for Milwaukee all updated and ready to send. Tested them in the game last night for some final tweaks and had some crashing issues for certain players when I tried to edit them - the game crashed to the desktop. I was able to isolate the problem, and it was absolutely related to cyberfaces in my case. I had certain players (JJ Hardy, D. Miller, C. Capuano, V. Santos, C. Hart, J. Capellan, maybe a couple of others) that appeared to have custom cyberfaces. In the Appearance tab in MVPEdit in the Face area I had numbers for custom faces from 590 up to 598 I believe for these players. Each player that had one of these custom numbers (590-598) crashed the game. I changed them to one of the stock faces (901-915) and each player opened up fine when trying to edit in the game. Didn't crash after changing the Face numbers back to a stock number. Didn't try playing a game, but I'm assuming it would have crashed with those custom cyberface numbers in there. I agree with Jack that this is most likely a cyberface issue. I didn't even realize I had these custom cyberfaces in there!!! 8O :roll: :|

I've completely updated the Brewers. Every players vitals should be correct including numbers, height, weight, date of birth, and appearance features like face and skin tone. Also tweaked some pitches for pitchers that I knew about and created players that have been identified as the best prospects. I have 25 players at each level. It has always worked for me with 25 at each level for the Brewers.

I've saved the files as .mep files as llcmac suggested. So, I have a .mep file for each team (Milwaukee, Nashville, Huntsville, Brevard County). Just import and replace the existing players on each team. I also saved Milwaukee as a .met file.

Jack - should I just e-mail you the .mep files? How should I get you the files? I don't have an e-mail address for you.

I'd like to help more, but I don't know the other teams as well as I know the Brewers. I could do one or two other teams if that would help. Perhaps the Tigers and another since MaddiesDaddie said he couldn't get to those. I also know the Twins pretty well, and could update them like I've updated the Brewers, unless someone else has already done it.

Hope this helps.

Jack - If you haven't gotten to them yet, I could definitely update the Tigers. I found a great website for them. I can also commit to doing the Chicago White Sox, although I don't have as good information for them. Let me know as soon as possible, and I'll update the Tigers and White Sox as I did the Brewers.

Also, let me know where I can send the .met and .mep files.

Thanks

WayoftheBraves, if you have not installed a cyberface, but the roster ID corresponds to a custom cyberface, this can also cause a crash. For instance, the earlier example of Adam LaRoche with face ID 106 (and there were a few others in this release, noted in his readme). If you haven't installed a LaRoche face into #106 but the roster is looking for one there, you'll have problems. Scroll down the readme to the part about cyberfaces and make sure that if you haven't installed any of those listed that you change these to a generic face (9XX) in MVPedit. Give this a shot and see if it works for you with this beta release (I'm sure jack is working hard to sort this out for his future release).

Tigers and ChiSox need done and I would love to have a good set of info sent to me on them ...

tonight I return home from work and once I get a good nights sleep in I will be ready to try to fix the problems

custom cyberfaces are almost without a doubt the only issue I'm facing ... though there are a few other things going on that I am hoping rglass4 will respond to me regarding

also, the help I've recieved from many of you is much appreciated, I can't stress this enough ... in previous years I could do this all on my own with just passing input ... this year that was flat impossible with the extra team and then my new found 40-50 hour work week

Remind me I owe ALL of you, especially Jackcasper, lineshot, and Olyrunner, three steak dinners each at a restaurant of your choice. :wink:

I downloaded and installed a custom cyberface for Adam LaRoche, and it worked!!! No more crashing!!! :lol:

But now the problem is, it's apparent to me that there is acyberface problem on most of the teams. So now we gotta find out who these culprits are and bring them to justice.

Thanks to all!!!

Jack - I will definitely do the White Sox update. I may not have time to get to Detroit. I'll do the best I can to at least get all real names, top prospects and vitals to the best of my ability for the White Sox. Once I'm done with the ChiSox, I'll see where I'm at and then get to Detroit if you haven't already done it. I am committing to the doing the ChiSox, but I can't commit for Detroit. :(

I'll send you the .mep and .met files for Milwaukee now and then Chicago when I'm done with them. I think Milwaukee looks pretty good. I'll try to do the same for Chicago. I've been a Brewer fan my entire life, but some reason back when I was a kid growing up in Wisconsin, there was something about the ChiSox that I liked. Could have been their ultra funky (read ugly) unis that they rolled out every year. Remember the shorts and big collars???!?!? 8O

There is definitely a cyberface problem on most nearly every team. I sampled about six teams for games and they all crashed, meaning most teams do have a cyberface issue.

At least we found the problem!!

here's the issue ... cyberfaces are wrong

here's the solution ... go team-by-team, side-by-side, compare each team's cyberface numbers for all players with non-900+ faces with those on the default rosters and see where we deviate ... any deviations should be noted ... then we can make fixes

jc...

I have gone through all the teams and adjusted all the cyberfaces and I'm not experiencing any crashes.

Here what I have installed:

Cyberfaces: Bonds, Millar, Rios, Chacin, and the Nationals face pack (but not Zach Day)

Portraits: Blue Jays portrait pack

I will e-mail my set to you, maybe you can work out some of the kinks and re-release this set. I also made some changes to the A's rosters since Huston Street was in AA, and Mark Ellis didn't seem to exist for some odd reason.

jc...

I have gone through all the teams and adjusted all the cyberfaces and I'm not experiencing any crashes.

Here what I have installed:

Cyberfaces: Bonds, Millar, Rios, Chacin, and the Nationals face pack (but not Zach Day)

Portraits: Blue Jays portrait pack

I will e-mail my set to you, maybe you can work out some of the kinks and re-release this set. I also made some changes to the A's rosters since Huston Street was in AA, and Mark Ellis didn't seem to exist for some odd reason.

I'll have a look at it later today when I get back from my meetings ... this is what I figured would need to be done in order to get it fixed ... I will in all liklihood include a handful of MUST HAVE cyberfaces (with thier author's permissions) and just use 900's for everyone else with a note that if you want cyberfaces you need to make the changes yourself

thanks for the hardwork in turning this around

here's the issue ... cyberfaces are wrong

here's the solution ... go team-by-team, side-by-side, compare each team's cyberface numbers for all players with non-900+ faces with those on the default rosters and see where we deviate ... any deviations should be noted ... then we can make fixes

Downloaded version 0.19 yesterday and encountered the crashing problems reported.

To find the cyberfaces causing the problem, I compared, side by side, to llcmac-hypnoxxx rosters (readme showed 01 beta). This roster didnt cause any crashes, with any team, after fixing the cyberfaces of Millar and Bonds.

After finding a discrepancy between the two rosters I checked for the .fsh, .ord, and .orl in the models.big using bigGUI. (The models.big is the installed original except for the addition of Bond's cyberface numbered c607).

I started in the National League Central, (including AAA, AA, A for each team), and found 31 incorrectly numbered faces that did not show in models.big. All teams had an issue except Cinncinnati and it's affliates.

It appears LynchMob47 has had success with getting things to work so I may have just wasted my time checking, but I'll list an example of what I found anyway. (Don't know if this will help at all).

Below is the issues I found with the Cubs: (The numbers that show "changed to" were the ones assigned in the llcmac-hypnoxxx rosters which I'm assuming were the default numbers).

MLB Chicago-

AAA Iowa-

AA West Tenn-

no issues found in single A.

I will most likely go through all teams as it seems users are having problems with teams that others are not.

Also, the Mariners and Twins have not caused any type of crash as well.

---------

Jack - I e-mailed you my Chicago White Sox updates.

All vitals, numbers, positions, etc. should be correct. Did not mess with attributes much, did a little tweaking. All players from A to ML are real players. No fake names. 25 man rosters from A to ML. Top 10 prospects are in there with somewhat tweaked attributes. Pitchers were not updated at all except for ones I knew about. Created a lot of players. Lineups and rotations are set based on box scores I looked at.

I'm not a White Sox fan and don't know them nearly as well as I know the Brewers, but I think I got it down pretty good based on the info I had.

Hope this helps!

Archived