Real Baseball System 2005

jackcasper49

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jack, in your datafile, is there any way you can make fielding more realistic? I am so sick of see the atrocious amount of errors that come about from making toughplays. These guys are MLB and there is no excuse for committing errors, whether the play is successful or not.

Also, can you do anything about the error where fielders back up on slow-hit balls hit right at them?

scoring issues are above and beyond what ANYONE can do with this game short of it's programmers

that being said, when I release a datafile with my roster set, which won't be in the next version for sure ... I will be looking at ways to get fielding more accurate and fixing other gameplay issues

Hi Jack :)

Some great work you got going on here, keep it up man. If you need any research doing relating to the Dbacks, just hola my way and i'll see what i can find, I Can probbly find out all there is to know but dont really want to be a part of anything that relates to ratings or anything :oops:

Keep up the good job, man 8)

Hi Jack :)

Some great work you got going on here, keep it up man. If you need any research doing relating to the Dbacks, just hola my way and i'll see what i can find, I Can probbly find out all there is to know but dont really want to be a part of anything that relates to ratings or anything :oops:

Keep up the good job, man 8)

well, as far as that goes you can give me a breakdown of the system using my spreadsheeet, which can be downloaded here ... it helps me to get the team done much quicker

anyone who wants to see thier team get done quicker can do the same thing, first come, first served

hey jack,

I'd like to get involved

do you have anyone doing the mets?

I've got some feedback on the Mets, but no one doing more than that ... I could use help with any team ... sooner I get the input, the sooner you'll see results ...

btw, update, the Brewers are in and adjusted ... I have tweaked all MLB lineups and rotations to the best bet I have for now for Opening Day ... I have also gone through and adjusted some players on a few teams and added stances and deliveries for many players

Jack,

I've been strictly using your 0.3 roster set...

Awesome work man...

Question though, are you doing the entire minor leagues?

my goal, though more daunting now ... is the week or Opening Day (or roughly thereabouts) to have a set with all real players (though that may be a final product that is set back a few weeks due to overwhelming job committments taking me well past the 40/week I thought I was working) ... reality is I am tied down waiting on help that was supposed to come in the form of spreadsheets and more ... I've gotten help on the Cards, Brew Crew, M's (though they're my team too), and a handful of info on other teams including the Yanks, but not much in the realm of what I need ... so spreadsheet your team, that's the key to salvation and a solid roster set ... you do the meat and bones, I will fill in the blanks with my info and then calibrate the hell out of it so it plays a great game of baseball

alright, a couple questions looming before I go deep into work mode ... gotta consult progression guru

alright, billharris44 got back to me ... good news and bad news ... most of what I expected to be covered in progression was, that's bad though because it means a lot more work for the default roster editor (that being me) :(

Jack,

I downloaded your .06 roster.......For the mets:

Joe McEwing was released......he signed a minor league contract with Kanas City.

he made 500g last year with the mets.....I'm pretty sure he's at the minimum this year with KC

also, I would change these attributes:

Bone Profile: change to Athletic

Hair Color: change to brown

Star Power: it was on "some" I'd put it on "none".......scouting is - he's a great teamate not a great player.........he's not yet on the 40 man roster for KC, but my guess is he'll be there before seasons end and probably play in the bigs if the right guys get injured.....

His speed is about right, but his base running should be higher......he's a smart player who knows where to be and when to be there

I'm not sure I understand mvp edit completely, but McEwing has trouble against breaking balls more so than fastballs

when I get a little time I'll put some more work into the mets

awesoek roster so far.

quick question

do you make your own CAP players to replace EA fake players and make Caps for anybody missing?

how you based the ratings to enter when creating it?

do you import players from mvp 2004 too?

thanks

thanx for the compliments

I do my own CAP work ... I get ratings by comparing the stats of players who are similar over the last three year period and then gettings ratings to match ...

ratings are a bit subjective and I will be doing a MASSIVE adjustment to them in the near future for all players ... my present goal is to get minor leaguers in there

I started a CPU-CPU matchup between LA and MILW. During the first four plate appearances for LA, five pitches by Ben Sheets sailed past Damian Miller. I've never seen anything like it. So, I checked Miller's fielding. As a C, he's rated a 50. By contrast, Chad Moeller (the backup C) is rated a 75. I think Miller needs to be rated much higher than a 50.

I wish you the best of success with your RBS project!!!

Hi Jack...

I'm working on a Blue Jays spreadsheet for you, let me know if you anyone else working on the Jays, and maybe we can collaborate.

Also, I am using v.06 and I am getting duplicate Ben Sheets (one on the Brewers and one in the Free Agents). This doesn't show up in MVP Edit, but it's there when I start the game... ant ideas what might be going on here???

Hi Jack...

I'm working on a Blue Jays spreadsheet for you, let me know if you anyone else working on the Jays, and maybe we can collaborate.

Also, I am using v.06 and I am getting duplicate Ben Sheets (one on the Brewers and one in the Free Agents). This doesn't show up in MVP Edit, but it's there when I start the game... ant ideas what might be going on here???

wierd, I will check with rglass4 about the duplicate bug and see if he can sort it out ... in the meantime, I will await your BlueJays sheet, as no one else has offered

work is finished on the Mariners, Yankees, RedSox, Brewers and will finish soon on the Cubs and Cards ... who comes after that is up to whoever gets me a spreadsheet

what have I been up to of late ........

got several teams farm clubs done

still waiting on info for MANY others

did some serious research into progression and how to keep my roster in line

that research panned some good results on star ratings (seeing as how they are critical for progression) ... based off the averages from the intial roster from EA, I am trying to keep my avg distributions of stars per team in the right realm ... i.e. the farm system of the avg team has four players rated Super for the thier Star Power and has 27 players rated None ... this should make my roster set much easier for the progression mod to work with ...

I will be updating heavily once all the Opening Day lineups, rosters, and trades are finished ... look for a release the Week of Opening Day (probably Wednesday or Saturday), even if I haven't got all the teams set yet ... I don't expect to have as much time to adjust the contact ratings of the players to help with strikeouts in simmed games as planned, and until I have done that and entered some thorough testing I will not release a non-beta version of my roster set ... when I go to non-beta you will find a datafile and slider guide included

not sure if I will release before next week, if I do expect it to be just prior to Opening Day

Jack,

Quick question.........are you using "Horys" spreadsheet for portrait ID numbers.......him and some other guys have went through and found hidden numbers and are working on a list to account for all the players.......on your last roster I noticed that Bonds wasn't set according to their list......so I had to set it myself......which is no big deal, but I'll have to get a hold of this list.........just wondering?.......thanks

Jack,

Quick question.........are you using "Horys" spreadsheet for portrait ID numbers.......him and some other guys have went through and found hidden numbers and are working on a list to account for all the players.......on your last roster I noticed that Bonds wasn't set according to their list......so I had to set it myself......which is no big deal, but I'll have to get a hold of this list.........just wondering?.......thanks

that's the plan, but I haven't spent much time working on details ... as a one man crew working 45-50 hours per week at my "other job" (ya know that one that pays) I haven't had much of a shot at getting the finer points right, let alone having my whole set in place before tweaking starts ... I am hoping I have some help cleaning up things like this, and I likely do

Archived