Real Baseball System 2005

jackcasper49

This is a good thing. So long as you guys have a general idea of the ratings levels for each level, I think things will work out well. One thing to keep track of is that high ratings for "Star Quality" should be monitored very closely. I'd say probably 60-70% of minor leaguers should be "None" or "Some", and maybe only 7-10 guys TOTAL in all of the minors should be "Superstar".

To sam: I dunno EA's player progression is pretty close, if we screw with it and take most of their star ratings down 10 years simmed might cause really really bad numbers. (not 100% sure tho)

To jack: You're right. As I said in my other thread, it is good for roster makers to share notes, it's less work and a better product. As far as the partner thing, you are right, is almost never works, unless you find the right person, which is very hard to do.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its also nice to have 3 or so good roster sets going because you're more likely to find one to suit your needs/opinions. If Jack or Smart or llcmac and I had the only roster set available, we'd be bombarded with "this isnt right" and "you should fix this" and "hurry up with an update!"...Ultimately our rosters will be unique and people will have their preferences to which they like best. That's why monopolies are illegal and evil. And if people like Jack's better than llcmac and I's rosters, then fantastic, I think everyone who does modding on here does it because they hope someone will benefit and have a better playing experience thanks to their work. And yep, we are sharing notes which is great. llcmac and I would gladly share a CAP or a set of ratings with someone else working hard on rosters. Just as long as we dont see several people changing one player's contact rating and slapping their name on it, there's really no problem. And actually, if someone were lame enough to do that, so what? Not like we're getting paid to do this! (I need a sig that illustrates my love for the DBacks and babbling...)

work is progressing on my update, had some serious issues with converting to the new editor and it has delayed me, but it seems to not be an issue now

smart88, I checked your update list and made the correct adjustments, however Ashby is a Padre right now (minor league deal), Hart is switch hitting this year, but most were fine

I am going to process the spreadsheets I have recieved, but there aren't many of them and none of them are complete at this point according to thier authors ... I am going to be pushed for time, but you can expect a release of an inital update tomorrow morning before I leave for work, a subsequent update with small fixes before Wednesday night, and another update with some work done by Saturday

feedback is critical, and the minor league spreadsheets are vital ... I am still waiting on recieving my Baseball America Prospect Handbook (still delayed), when that arrives work can quickly pick up

Jack did you receive my last Brewers spreadsheet. It is fairly complete as far as having all of the teams filled, just missing some player numbers. I wish someone knew where I could find numbers.

yeah, I will be working on getting that added, though due to some stuff coming up tonight not sure if I will be releasing until Wednesday at this point ... I want to actually get a thorough update in and have been waiting for a couple promised spreadsheets so I can hammer out four or five teams in one sitting

alright guys, I got some updating done, though time constraints limited my work this time around (extra work shift) ... the Brewers will be next on the agenda, but for now here is version 0.03 Beta ... I would say read the readme.txt to find out what made it in ... a lot of cleanup work to get things fixed more than anything ...

I expect to release my next major update next Monday evening, though I may knock the Brew Crew on and another team Friday afternoon and release that evening, you never know ...

two things slowing me down a lot ... Baseball America Prospect Handbook has not yet been released ... nobody else is really jumping on getting me spreadsheets (though I have a promise still for Clev, NYY (in more detail), and the pitchers of Houston)

also, BIG ISSUE ... has anybody got a clue what to do about simmed season stats, regarding BBs and K's mostly (they just aren't right)

alright guys, I got some updating done, though time constraints limited my work this time around (extra work shift) ... the Brewers will be next on the agenda, but for now here is version 0.03 Beta ... I would say read the readme.txt to find out what made it in ... a lot of cleanup work to get things fixed more than anything ...

I expect to release my next major update next Monday evening, though I may knock the Brew Crew on and another team Friday afternoon and release that evening, you never know ...

two things slowing me down a lot ... Baseball America Prospect Handbook has not yet been released ... nobody else is really jumping on getting me spreadsheets (though I have a promise still for Clev, NYY (in more detail), and the pitchers of Houston)

also, BIG ISSUE ... has anybody got a clue what to do about simmed season stats, regarding BBs and K's mostly (they just aren't right)

Jack,

Run a test...put take/swing/chase ratings to the extremes for everyone, then sim...see if it has any impact. Last year, the impact on simmed stats was negligible when I started fixing these for in-game play. But it's worth a shot, because yes, the stats are off by quite a bit.

GH

I have the 2005 Baseball America Prospect Handbook. If you have any questions just ask?

I will be putting in major hours once my committments for today are done ... sorry to everyone who is patiently waiting on these rosters, but things are progressing slowly ...

I did recieve my copy of Baseball America, so that will help me get in gear ... again, sorry, today is a busy day, despite being my work day

I will be putting in major hours once my committments for today are done ... sorry to everyone who is patiently waiting on these rosters, but things are progressing slowly ...

I did recieve my copy of Baseball America, so that will help me get in gear ... again, sorry, today is a busy day, despite being my work day

I am just going to send you .met files from now on for the Brewers. Since I have most of them done. Feel free to adjust the ratings to your liking as I am not very good at that. I will provide you with the rosters with everything except the ratings. You should have Milwaukee and Nashville right now. I will finish up Huntsville and Brevard County tonight.

I am just going to send you .met files from now on for the Brewers. Since I have most of them done. Feel free to adjust the ratings to your liking as I am not very good at that. I will provide you with the rosters with everything except the ratings. You should have Milwaukee and Nashville right now. I will finish up Huntsville and Brevard County tonight.

Jack, once I finish with the Red sox farm system, I will do that same thing

thanx for the input fellas ... things are going to move along a lot faster now ... one thing to note to those of you sending me the .met files, please be aware that it is my intent to modify all the player ratings to my satisfaction and more than likely remove and add players as well (especially at the A level) ... however I GREATLY appreciate your help and REALLY want to make sure due credit is given for your work

i have been awfully sick lately, a flu bug running rapant in my family caught up to me ... I've ben pretty well unable to look at the monitor for more than a few minutes at a time and have been only doing some testing ... please give some consideration to my post on simmed stats

I'm at this point unsure of when my next update will hit, but I will be expecting a big step towards completeion in the coming weeks (my M's play thier first televised game of the spring tomorrow and I ought to be able to get a bit of baseball fever out of that)

great job so far.

can i make a suggestion.

for your roster download and installation.

why dont you make one roster save file and people can....

Save it to there MVP Baseball 2005 saves folder (MyDocuments/MVP Baseball 2005). Note that this is not your main MVP Baseball program folder which contains the data files for the game, but a user folder set. To load the roster you must start the game and load the roster from the Manage Rosters screen.

this way you dont have to make a backup of the database folder and put it back when there a new EA Patch out.

this way you keep the original roster too.

beacuse doing it like that doesn't save all the needed information my roster set contains including manager tendancies, team intensities, and other info

also, I want people to use MVPedit to load thier rosters because this forces them to take a look at thier fav team (in most cases) and leads to good feedback

however I always reccomend making a backup of the original datafiles and the datafiles after every patch before installing my roster set, then you just use MVPedit to insert all the correct datafiles back in, it's easy

Jack, in your datafile, is there any way you can make fielding more realistic? I am so sick of see the atrocious amount of errors that come about from making toughplays. These guys are MLB and there is no excuse for committing errors, whether the play is successful or not.

Also, can you do anything about the error where fielders back up on slow-hit balls hit right at them?

jack Thanks

didnt realize mvp has tendencies for the managers. i glad you making them realistic too. Now i understnad why they get export with mvpedit to the database. then just making a roster.sav.

correction on the readme

The readme it says

1. Create a back-up copy of all of you files before installing. That means copy all the .dat files from the C:Program FilesEA SPORTSMVP Baseball 2004datadatafile file to a backup location.

i think you meant C:Program FilesEA SPORTSMVP Baseball 2004datadatabase.

Because the database folder is where all the .dat files are at. and that the location you going to export and overwrite the files at .

Archived