Real Baseball System 2005

jackcasper49

Jack...can I ask how things are going and where you stand on a possible date that a new version of your roster set will be available?

today is my first day off without serious things to take care of ... I will be trying to get 6-10 teams done today ... hoping to have a lot done before I go back to work tuesday, may release a still beta version of the roster then

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

great to hear jack. Thanks again for the efforts by you and and whoever is helping.

Is there something I can do to help? Any research or CAPs, etc.???

P.S. I can get my hands on the Prospect Handbook and I know how to use GForces spreadsheet if that helps.

I love the work GeForce does with his spreadsheet ... but for me to follow that would be for me to be creating a second version of thier rosters ... that's not my aim

the help I need most is people to fill in names and vitals for players in the organizations I have not done ... with those in there I can go in and make some serious adjustments to stats and spend more time on ratings than on vitals ... the vitals are the slow part of this business right now

How many more teams do you have left to go Jack?? I'm just curious to find out. I don't know if I would be of much help though, since my resources on minor leaguers are pretty much the same as yours. :? But I'm glad to see your making a lot of progress on them anyway. Later!!! :)

I love the work GeForce does with his spreadsheet ... but for me to follow that would be for me to be creating a second version of thier rosters ... that's not my aim

the help I need most is people to fill in names and vitals for players in the organizations I have not done ... with those in there I can go in and make some serious adjustments to stats and spend more time on ratings than on vitals ... the vitals are the slow part of this business right now

OK. No problem. So what teams are left? I can do some.

The following is the reverse order that I plan to work on them in ... if anyone is going to committ to a team, do it one at a time and please post ...

Tigers

Royals

Padres

Nats

O's

Reds

Astros

Phils

Rangers

Marlins

D-Backs

White Sox

D-Rays

A's (who I will be doing tomorrow) ... before my release with any luck

before you get going, please wait for my release ... then use what I have for the team in my current release and build a set from there

remember, vitals, correct 25, that is the main goal ... and post your team if you want to work on one ... if you're going to take a team Tuesday, please see if you can send me the .met files by Thursday night ... I'd love to be release ready one week from now with a full, non-beta version so I can go to tweaking ratings, adjusting ratios, and all the crucial, but secondary work

thank you so much to anyone who wants to come aboard

The following is the reverse order that I plan to work on them in ... if anyone is going to committ to a team, do it one at a time and please post ...

Tigers

Royals

Padres

Nats

O's

Reds

Astros

Phils

Rangers

Marlins

D-Backs

White Sox

D-Rays

A's (who I will be doing tomorrow) ... before my release with any luck

before you get going, please wait for my release ... then use what I have for the team in my current release and build a set from there

remember, vitals, correct 25, that is the main goal ... and post your team if you want to work on one ... if you're going to take a team Tuesday, please see if you can send me the .met files by Thursday night ... I'd love to be release ready one week from now with a full, non-beta version so I can go to tweaking ratings, adjusting ratios, and all the crucial, but secondary work

thank you so much to anyone who wants to come aboard

I can work on the following....

Tigers

Phils

Reds

Thursday night will be too tough for me to get these done. Friday night or no later than Saturday morning is more likely.

I will wait for your release to really get started though.

As long there isn't a single fake player, you can take all the time you need Jack. :p

that's the goal guys, not one fake player ... everyone real, and do my best to have name, vitals, and best ratings I can get based off of the avaliable info ... in the clean up stages right now, will release the roster as soon as it's touched up

alright, version 0.19 Beta will be a current release ... should be cleaned up and playable ... more importantly, it should be moddable for all of you looking to pick up one team and do the dirty work on the vitals and such ... it's easier to do one team at a time ... if you're unsure of who's the starting five for AAA or AA then please consult baseball america for a free link to thier stats and a free link to thier rosters with all the basic vitals ... be aware that any injured players from the MLB will fall to AAA if they're not on the MLB roster ... we only have 94 spots to fill, so we are space crunched

if you can get your work to me by Thursday night/Friday morning that helps a bunch ... if not, ASAP, I am expecting to release May 3rd with a non-beta version

sounds good - I'm really looking forward to this so I can start my dynasty

you too?!?! :roll:

I haven't played a full game of MVP in what seems like a month, the only thing I've done is tested stuff in short bursts and simmed seasons (though I haven't even done that in awhile as I shifted my focus to getting minor leaguers right, right off the bat) ... there's still plenty of work to finish, but with the promised help I feel better already

once all the info is in there the fun for me really starts, because I can tweak stats to get things looking better in game and in sims ... simming again this year will be an imperfect set up ...

I have the Royals organization ready to go, from MLB to single A.

All I have is complete rosters, including name, position, number, height/weight, and birthdays. No ratings or face/body/appearance work was done, as I assumed the creators would want to do that.

As for portraits, I did an entire set for my roster which I sent off to Hory to include in his Total Portraits Royals package.

If that's all par with what you are looking for, who should I send the MVPedit files to?

Jack, I've got a bug. When I try playing using your latest roster update, the game always crashes when it's loading a game. I thought it was just a bug in Adam LaRoche (he can't even appear in Batting Practice), but I tried a Yankees-Orioles game and it still crashed when loading.

alright, version 0.19 Beta will be a current release ... should be cleaned up and playable ... more importantly, it should be moddable for all of you looking to pick up one team and do the dirty work on the vitals and such ... it's easier to do one team at a time ... if you're unsure of who's the starting five for AAA or AA then please consult baseball america for a free link to thier stats and a free link to thier rosters with all the basic vitals ... be aware that any injured players from the MLB will fall to AAA if they're not on the MLB roster ... we only have 94 spots to fill, so we are space crunched

if you can get your work to me by Thursday night/Friday morning that helps a bunch ... if not, ASAP, I am expecting to release May 3rd with a non-beta version

Jack....I am not complaining here....just asking a question because I am confused....

I thought all teams, including the minors, were going to have full 25 man rosters? I see MLB and AAA have 25 players but the AA and A teams have 22.

Could you please clarify? Thanks.

Archived