Real Baseball System 2005

jackcasper49

BTW, is there any way you can insert Barry Bond's portrait and his cyberface into your rosters?

How about Barry Bonds' announcement?

Jack had Bonds ID# set to 0092, that's enough for you to download other modders' portraits pack.

Remember, he is a roster modder. :)

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about Barry Bonds' announcement?

Jake had Bonds ID# set to 0092, that's enough for you to download other modders' portraits pack.

Remember, he is a roster modder. :)

as much as I have no time to even get my rosters done, I don't have the time to put into the fields that other people are doing a marvelous job in ... that being audio and video ...

btw, I just got done with store inventory, which consists of two shifts totally 36 hours in just over 50 hours ... grueling and tiring ... I will eat, sleep, and then spend the rest of today and Saturday patching things together with another major work day on Monday with a goal of a release mid-week

the following systems are done ... though touching up is inevitable:

Seattle

LA Angels

LA Dodgers (just finishing)

SF Giants

NY Yankees

NY Mets

Boston

Brewers

Cardinals

Cubs

Twins

I have some info and am fine for:

Toronto

Braves

edit: add the Pirates

anyone else you know, feel free to send me soem good info on

I have some info and am fine for:

Toronto

Braves

edit: add the Pirates

anyone else you know, feel free to send me soem good info on

Hi, im filling in this sheet for the Arizona organisation but im wondering, what is it that you want me to put in the "notes" section? Is it a necessity that i find all the pitch types etc etc for every player, some of this is kinda hard to come by.

Thanks

Hi, im filling in this sheet for the Arizona organisation but im wondering, what is it that you want me to put in the "notes" section? Is it a necessity that i find all the pitch types etc etc for every player, some of this is kinda hard to come by.

Thanks

really, I am just looking for any info you may have on them ... if you know that they're a power pitcher great, soft tosser, or nothing at all ... anything you can add to help me get ratings set (since some of these guys I will have very little info on)

This roster set really looks like it will be great. Jack, I was just wondering if you'd consider releasing a roster with just the real names of all the players at every level - A, AA, AAA. Having all realistic pitches, etc. would be great, but I'd be interested simply in the real player names. I will try to make the rosters of the team I play as accurate as possible, but just having the real names of all the other players on other teams roster A through ML would be awesome. Don't know if you already have all the names in or not, or if you're completely doing each team right and then moving onto the next team. Would you consider just getting all the names right, releasing that roster file and then going back and tweaking all the pitches, batting etc? If not, we'll certainly wait, just getting anxious to see this great roster :D Thanks again fro all your hard work!

This roster set really looks like it will be great. Jack, I was just wondering if you'd consider releasing a roster with just the real names of all the players at every level - A, AA, AAA. Having all realistic pitches, etc. would be great, but I'd be interested simply in the real player names. I will try to make the rosters of the team I play as accurate as possible, but just having the real names of all the other players on other teams roster A through ML would be awesome. Don't know if you already have all the names in or not, or if you're completely doing each team right and then moving onto the next team. Would you consider just getting all the names right, releasing that roster file and then going back and tweaking all the pitches, batting etc? If not, we'll certainly wait, just getting anxious to see this great roster :D Thanks again fro all your hard work!

I'm with lineshot here jack. Personally the correct names are my main concern. I'd defintely take a roster set with just the correct names.

well guys, I guess I'm willing to give that a shot Sunday and Monday and see what I can get done ... then go back and start filling in info on guys as I go ... if I do names I will almost certainly do vitals

don't go too far out of your way. I don't want to kill your momentum.

I thought you did the names first and then went back and tweaked, so that is why I didn't think this would be a whole lot of trouble.

If you can get to it that'd be great, but like I said don't go too far out of the way, I wouldn't want this to be a reason for any significant delay in your final product.

don't go too far out of your way. I don't want to kill your momentum.

I thought you did the names first and then went back and tweaked, so that is why I didn't think this would be a whole lot of trouble.

If you can get to it that'd be great, but like I said don't go too far out of the way, I wouldn't want this to be a reason for any significant delay in your final product.

my basic format is to do vitals and names on anyone I don't have info on and do my best to get info through stats on each player ... it wouldn't be too bad for me to just get names on everyone and then go back and start working hard to get info

Jack - Thanks so much for your response to this! Whatever you decide to do I will certainly support. I am looking forward to this great roster, and playing with and against the real players from A through ML. Thanks again!

we'll see how the timeline holds up, because I have been bombarded with other life duties besides work of late ... I am getting a helping hand on the cleanup and fix up side of things that is much appreciated ... expect me to try to get EVERYONE with real names at the very least by Wednesday afternoon, though it won't be released then

in all likelihood I will have a datafile with my next release ... though I will really only have recomendations for sliders at that point, since I intend to adjust MLB players (and everyone through global edit) and then readjust sliders later

I will also see if I can get my hands on any of the progression info and see if some of that can be adjusted to make gameplay a bit more realistic in-game and specifically simmed games

Thanks a lot Jack for all the work you have been and are putting into this roster! Really look forward to using it when you've finalized things. When you say you will be adjusting the sliders globally for MLB players, is that to help with keeping the ML players on the ML rosters and keeping the computer from messing with the rosters so much on computer controlled teams?

Thanks again!

update on my progress:

Seattle

NY Yankees

NY Mets

Boston

San Fran

LA Dodgers

Toronto

Brewers

Twins

LA Angels

Cubs

Pirates

Cards

are all done

the Braves are a WIP, but will be finished next ...

after that I will be progressing down the list of teams as their farm system is ranked by Baseball America ... meaning next up:

Rockies

Indians

A's

I still could use some help on the follwoing things:

Getting simmed stats right, especially K and BBs

Getting good info on hitting stances and pitching deliveries ... a detailed set of notes would be invaluable

Team info and insight ... who's got some skills but isn't a well-known commodity

as always, feedback on my releases will be critical, and I hope to have a release at the end of the week or weekend for you all to have a peak at

jack, are you tired of my M's update emails? :D You probably already know the Rainiers by heart so I'll take notes about the River Cats tonight.

well, I could use some info on the pitch selection of Buglovsky, Lorainne, Dorman, Evert, and Guttorsman ... also, if you get any info on uniforms, numbers, or other such useful stuff I am always happy to add it in ... the same is true of ANYTHING you guys see on other teams, I'm happy to add details as I go, it only takes 30 secs to read the e-mail and find the player and make the small change

keep em' coming, everything you sent me has made it into my roster update which I just sent to my helping hand for polishing

I'm not sure if you have this incorporated in your roster set or not but against lefties Jay Payton starts in rightfield for Boston in place of Trot Nixon.

The batting order against right handed pitching is

Damon

Nixon

Ramirez

Ortiz

Millar

Renteria

Varitek

Mueller

Bellhorn

Against Lefties the batting order is

Damon

Renteria

Ramirez

Ortiz

Millar

Varitek

Payton

Mueller

Bellhorn

JackCasper,

When are you going to put out your datafile and sliders? Also who's or what sliders are you using. I've been using Pareds sliders with Jim's datatfile with spitoons walk fix this whole time and they are getting to easy now. Just curious to see when you are releasing your stuff because they were very challenging last year.

JackCasper,

When are you going to put out your datafile and sliders? Also who's or what sliders are you using. I've been using Pareds sliders with Jim's datatfile with spitoons walk fix this whole time and they are getting to easy now. Just curious to see when you are releasing your stuff because they were very challenging last year.

JackCasper,

I expect to get Jim's datafile as my intial datafile.txt ... I may tweak it, though not likely until later versions

as far as sliders go, Pared's is an excellent choice until I get mine ready ... I promise they'll be challenging again this year

we'll see how the timeline holds up, because I have been bombarded with other life duties besides work of late ... I am getting a helping hand on the cleanup and fix up side of things that is much appreciated ... expect me to try to get EVERYONE with real names at the very least by Wednesday afternoon, though it won't be released then

Jack...can I ask how things are going and where you stand on a possible date that a new version of your roster set will be available?

Archived