MVP Baseball 2005 & Windows 10

tedster

Hello,

I have an original copy of the game on CD's. I am able to load it onto my computer which is running windows 10. Unfortunately, I am not able to launch the game after using patch #5.

I do realize that there is a thread on windows 10 already but unfortunately, I am only able to read pages 1-4 and 13. The rest of the pages are not accessible. I have tried accessing these pages via Firefox, Chrome and Edge and none of the pages 5 - 12 will load up in the windows 10 thread.

Can someone please post or PM me with instructions on how to get the game working on windows 10? I do realize it has something to do with the CD protection in windows Any insight would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Ted

Just tried with Opera and still can't get the pages to load. This is the same with Chrome, Firefox and Edge. The page just continues to say 'Loading'.

Can someone be kind enough to perhaps email/pm with instructions on how to get the game to work with Windows 10?

Thank you.

guys pages load not loading does happen very rarely on the site so it might happening to him. the only way i know when does "loading" is wait a second and if continues then do a refresh of the page and it should load up. that how get the page loading to work.

its very random and rare event.

5 minutes ago, tedster said:

Just tried with Opera and still can't get the pages to load. This is the same with Chrome, Firefox and Edge. The page just continues to say 'Loading'.

Can someone be kind enough to perhaps email/pm with instructions on how to get the game to work with Windows 10?

Thank you.

There is no consistent way to get it to run on Windows 10. A handful of people have gotten it to work and they posted what they did, but their solutions did not work for others.  The majority of people could not get the game to run. 

Are you able to share any details? 

Right now I have disabled my antivirus program.

- Installed the game from 2 CD's

- Installed patch #5

- Changed compatibility mode to Windows 7 & 8

- Run the game while my antivirus program is still disabled

Anything else? Thanks in advance.

Works on Win 10.1 fine, crashes now and then but not often. I Downloaded the game. Installed on on main OS(C:) I did NOT put it in the Programs File or Programs File (x86). I cannot use many of the editors (TiT) and others open but do not work correctly such as MVP Studio (uni-editor) while others work fine (MVPEdit).  I do not know if the program issues are due to the change in file path, version of Windows or my dumb ass.

The main things I would like to figure out is how to add newer unis as MVP Studio V1 allows me to change the "A" ball unis but crashes when I try to "encode" MLB teams as it loads.

If there is a newer version than MVP Studio V1 I can't seem to locate it, I remember from years ago that I could use EAGraph to add\change Unis\graphics but I can't seem to find a tutorial.

5 minutes ago, Gordo said:

As soon as you said "I downloaded the game" you made a fatal error around here.

You got that right!!!!!😄

1 hour ago, lumpyjohn1 said:

Works on Win 10.1 fine, crashes now and then but not often. I Downloaded the game. ..........

And that is where I stopped reading. You will not receive any support when you have a pirated version of the game. That means you did not pay for the game. You are going to have to find their own answers for the problems that you are having.

Read this rule again. In fact, read all the rules again.

Discussions and requests for illegal downloads (via admission or open discussion) or making them available to other posters is explicitly prohibited. This content includes (but is not limited to):

CD Keys (MLB 2K or MVP Baseball or otherwise) & Serial Numbers

No-CD cracks

Warez

Original Game Files

3 hours ago, tedster said:

I'm glad to see that the forum is enforcing the rules around pirated games.

Back to my scenario, I've installed the game in D:\MVP 2005 and as mentioned above, still have not been able to get the game to run......

It's not like there's a whole bevy of solutions.  Chances are if you can't run it, you're not going to.  At this point, you may have to consider either partitioning your HDD and installing either Linux, Windows XP or W7 or buying a cheap computer and installing one of those OS on it like I did.

I have purchased And lost the discs at least twice throughout the years. I used to love this game but I wasn't going to blindly spend $100-$200 on a 15 year old PC game that I constantly read had tons of problems playing on Windows 10 if it would play at all. Compounded by the fact that most of the utility\editor programs (which were awesome by the way) won't work on Windows 10 no matter what I do. 

"You are going to have to find their own answers for the problems that you are having." 

Been doing that already thank you

31 minutes ago, lumpyjohn1 said:

I have purchased And lost the discs at least twice throughout the years. I used to love this game but I wasn't going to blindly spend $100-$200 on a 15 year old PC game that I constantly read had tons of problems playing on Windows 10 if it would play at all. Compounded by the fact that most of the utility\editor programs (which were awesome by the way) won't work on Windows 10 no matter what I do. 

"You are going to have to find their own answers for the problems that you are having." 

I don't want to sound unsympathetic but this is your problem and not anyone else's. It falls on you to save your discs. I bought my game in February of 2005 and I still know where my CD's are - the both of them.

The game has a lot of trouble running on Windows 10 and that includes the people who are trying to get it to work on a legitimate copy of the game.

But let me help you out here. While it is true that people are selling this game for close to $200 (and yes, I believe that is highway robbery) I did find you a copy that is being sold on Amazon for $39.99. It is a used like new game and it is a hell of a lot more reasonable then the one they have for $174.14. That is the extent of how I can help you.

19 hours ago, lumpyjohn1 said:

There's nothing stopping you from using other operating systems like anyone else is which has been talked about here ad infinitum over the years.   As far as your discs, that's on you man.  A 15 year old game and apps close to that old can't anticipate running on newer operating systems.

Archived