2020 MLB & MiLB Roster

Mehdude200

I am working on a MLB and MiLB roster for 2020. This roster will include: Full complete rosters for AA and AAA teams and 25 man rosters for MLB teams. Since MVP Baseball 2005 only has A and not A+ teams, I will combine them by putting them both on the A team (12 from A and 13 from A+ to). The 1.0 version will not have MiLB teams but I will work on and release them throughout the season. I plan to release version 1.0 around mid March to early April. Tell me if you have any questions or suggestions down below. 

Updates: Baltimore Orioles, Oakland A's, New York Yankees, Chicago Cubs, Atlanta Braves, and Los Angeles Angels, rosters and lineups completed. SD Padres pitchers completed.

Once I get the a quarter of the teams done I will release version 0.2.5. More screenshots in the next week including Gerrit Cole and Aaron Judge. Version 0.2.5 will include the Baltimore Orioles, the Oakland Athletics, the New York Yankees, the Boston Red Sox, the Detroit Tigers, the Houston Astros, the Los Angeles Angels, and the Toronto Blue Jays.

13 minutes ago, Mehdude200 said:

Once I get the a quarter of the teams done I will release version 0.2.5. More screenshots in the next week including Gerrit Cole and Aaron Judge. Version 0.2.5 will include the Baltimore Orioles, the Oakland Athletics, the New York Yankees, the Boston Red Sox, the Detroit Tigers, the Houston Astros, the Los Angeles Angels, and the Toronto Blue Jays.

Take pictures of the actual roster though rather than the players

1 hour ago, Mehdude200 said:

When Should I release it?

That's a good question.

I would just try to keep a focus on making a solid opening day roster, so you have a foundation to work on for the rest of the season. By the time Opening Day rolls around you won't have that many player movements and every team's lineup/roster will be locked down by then.

Usually Opening Day rosters get downloaded the most on the site.

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to ask the community's opinion on this. Should I continue making my roster since there is already one?  It even has MiLB teams in it. I have taken a lot of time and effort to make my roster. So, Should I continue making my it?

image.thumb.png.d8b57ce9b912e97ee64310e61dfd8c2b.png

If you read the description that the other guy wrote about his rosters, you will see that they are Spring Training MLB-only rosters and they do not have proper portraits assigned.  If you want to create rosters, you shouldn't stop just because someone else created rosters as well.  Every set is going to be different, based upon the view of the modder who created them.  It's no different than multiple modders creating the same uniform, the same stadium, etc.

47 minutes ago, Jim825 said:

If you read the description that the other guy wrote about his rosters, you will see that they are Spring Training MLB-only rosters and they do not have proper portraits assigned.  If you want to create rosters, you shouldn't stop just because someone else created rosters as well.  Every set is going to be different, based upon the view of the modder who created them.  It's no different than multiple modders creating the same uniform, the same stadium, etc.

@Mehdude200 he's right, I remember a long time ago, we had three guys: SwingingSoriano, Totte and KGBaseball working on rosters for MVP.

I think as long as cyberfaces and portrait IDs are consistent you should be fine.

3 hours ago, Mehdude200 said:

I would like to ask the community's opinion on this. Should I continue making my roster since there is already one?  It even has MiLB teams in it. I have taken a lot of time and effort to make my roster. So, Should I continue making my it?

In short, yes.  IMO it's not a good roster from an attribute standpoint.  If you want any input, I was the one who did the rosters for the last 9 years.  I can give you websites, charts I developed and whatever else if you want.  But mainly, updates were based on stats ... not what I thought about the player.

1 minute ago, Mehdude200 said:

I have been using MLB The Show attributes, but I'm open other databases or methods. Thank y'all for for all of the support!

When it comes to attributes you would also have to take into consideration of how the game's engine interprets them and the type of progression file the game is using that impacts those attributes as The Show uses a lot of in-game factors that MVP doesn't exactly have

Archived