Game crashes in franchise mode

LouisvilleLipp

Can anyone tell me why my game crashes to desktop in franchise mode? It just started doing it yesterday. I got to early Sept in my season, heading for the stretch run in 1st place. I simmed all the games that don't involve my team (Tigers) and play the games with them. I checked the rosters, and outside of a couple of teams missing pitchers in the rotation (minor leagues) I fixed that, and proceded with the season, then the crashing started. I really wanted to see how far I could go. Anyone have a solution?

9 hours ago, LouisvilleLipp said:

Can anyone tell me why my game crashes to desktop in franchise mode? It just started doing it yesterday. I got to early Sept in my season, heading for the stretch run in 1st place. I simmed all the games that don't involve my team (Tigers) and play the games with them. I checked the rosters, and outside of a couple of teams missing pitchers in the rotation (minor leagues) I fixed that, and proceded with the season, then the crashing started. I really wanted to see how far I could go. Anyone have a solution?

Send me your franchise file, I'll do my best to try and fix it

unfortunately there are many rosters that bring errors, I have reviewed them with caution and I notice the errors. That is why my recommendation is to grab the original roster and edit it without moving player, I edit it from the root, that's how I do with the Caribbean rosters and so far they have not given me an error, well I do with mine.

1 hour ago, guaro1379 said:

unfortunately there are many rosters that bring errors

I can tell you that at least all the ones posted here 6 months ago crashed franchise mode. Every single one. But the problem, as @Kccitystar is trying to demonstrate to people is that even if there is a roster that doesn't crash, if that roster uses player ids that are different the mess gets exponentially worse and worse.

13 hours ago, tinpanalley said:

Crap... That's a shame. Which roster were you using, just curious?

I can't confirm, but  I believe it was either Opening Day 2019 Franchise and Portrait by Pablo.Mglez or Headtrip's TDL roster update 2019.  It has Mookie Betts on the title screen.

1 hour ago, Kccitystar said:

As long as we fix the Appearance IDs and keep the Global ID/Appearance ID/Headshapes used for CAP/CAT teams we should be fine.

That's asking a lot from people who just grab whichever one looks best to them and then start moving players around. Which, let's be frank, is how most of the 2K rosters have been made until now. And I know, people will say, "well that's better than the rosters you didn't even make" but I'm just illustrating a point. In short, I'm glad you're there helping bring some organisation to everything.

21 minutes ago, tinpanalley said:

That's asking a lot from people who just grab whichever one looks best to them and then start moving players around. Which, let's be frank, is how most of the 2K rosters have been made until now. And I know, people will say, "well that's better than the rosters you didn't even make" but I'm just illustrating a point. In short, I'm glad you're there helping bring some organisation to everything.

Good point. I realize how time consuming, these projects are. People have real lives to live, outside a video game.  But, If some of these rosters makers took the time to make everything as correct as possible, the file corruption and crashing should be minimized. Much props to the guys that devote the time to to do this. I know I probably wouldn't have the patience. Just my thoughts....

Ok, I started another franchise to keep me busy until KC finishes his MLB2020 project. The question I have is what setting do I use to control all the teams, as well as the one I play ? (Tigers)  I tried to move some players to their current teams, but I couldn't do it, due to salary restraints. For ex... Freddy Galvis is on the Reds, but his last team is the Jays. When I tried to move him there, I couldn't do it because his salary was too high and nobody on the Reds had a equal one. If I release him to Free Agency, It would be a major hit to the Reds cap to sign him. Sorry for the long post. I just need to know how I can move players without restrictions in franchise mode.

10 minutes ago, LouisvilleLipp said:

Ok, I started another franchise to keep me busy until KC finishes his MLB2020 project. The question I have is what setting do I use to control all the teams, as well as the one I play ? (Tigers)  I tried to move some players to their current teams, but I couldn't do it, due to salary restraints. For ex... Freddy Galvis is on the Reds, but his last team is the Jays. When I tried to move him there, I couldn't do it because his salary was too high and nobody on the Reds had a equal one. If I release him to Free Agency, It would be a major hit to the Reds cap to sign him. Sorry for the long post. I just need to know how I can move players without restrictions in franchise mode.

when you start the franchise toggle number on controlled teams to 30 and check forced trade and you will be able to do what you want

9 minutes ago, GMen said:

@Kccitystar I recently installed your Marlins uniform, but when I went to install the marlins colorlist txt with the roster editor it said it failed and now my franchise archive is corrupted, can you help me with that? not sure if this is the right place to ask, but please help me out. 

Ah, another "Franchise1" user! Welcome to the club :)

See the attached. I hope it fixes the issue.

Franchise1.FXG

WOW , just got to the Allstar game in my franchise thought I would save it just in case. Not 2 game after the AG and the DAM thing crashes gone through the whole file and the back up and cannot find anything in the schedule or the sequence went through the all the line ups to make sure they had a full starting rotation and could not spot a thing ,piss me off like no tomorrow!!!

11 hours ago, blindguy said:

WOW , just got to the Allstar game in my franchise thought I would save it just in case. Not 2 game after the AG and the DAM thing crashes gone through the whole file and the back up and cannot find anything in the schedule or the sequence went through the all the line ups to make sure they had a full starting rotation and could not spot a thing ,piss me off like no tomorrow!!!

I feel ya. Same thing happened to me, but I got past the AS game. Mine crashed at the beginning of Sept. I wonder if expanding to 40 man rosters had anything to do with it?  I had the best record in baseball at the time, cruising towards the playoffs. Totally POed !!

20 hours ago, blindguy said:

just an update on my own stupidity (lol), I have found the problem with my Franchise. I did some player editing when some of them were not recording stats and showing up with other names in the box scores . I did not edit the ID in the team tab on Reditor and it cost me, going through all the lineups in the game brought me to a player in a double a lineup that did not have a position assigned to him at number 3 in the batting order , once I corrected that , my world was back to normal (except for you know)

16 hours ago, blindguy said:

just an update on my own stupidity (lol), I have found the problem with my Franchise. I did some player editing when some of them were not recording stats and showing up with other names in the box scores . I did not edit the ID in the team tab on Reditor and it cost me, going through all the lineups in the game brought me to a player in a double a lineup that did not have a position assigned to him at number 3 in the batting order , once I corrected that , my world was back to normal (except for you know)

Glad you found the problem. 

• 4 months later...

@Kccitystar  I'm really sorry to bother you again with my issues, but I have a problem with my franchise mode again and I didn't want to create another topic here just for this. 

Thing is I can't sim past a game of the Yankees vs. A's for some reason. There's something bugged about the Yankees in my franchise file. Every time I slide to their page on MLB site the game crashes, and when I try to sim this game againts the A's the game crashes as well. I tried looking through the rosters and everything seems fine.

Outside franchise mode everything seems fine with the team, doesn't look like it's any mod problem. 

I know my save is all effed up, because there are players which doesn't show stats and sometimes I check the boxscore and it shows some other players name instead of the actual player on the team, to me this is not a problem (hey if the game still running that's ok, don't fix if it ain't broken). 

I've been able to solve other issues I had before by releasing some "bugged" players (that would cause crash) and lowering their ratings so they're never hired again, but this time shit seems real and I don't know what to do.

If you could take a look at my file I'd be grateful. I've been playing in this save for 3 or 4 seasons and I built my dream team and I didn't want to start all over again. 

last screen shot.jpg

Franchise1.FXG

From looking at your franchise file it looks like around those dates (August 27 in the Schedule_Actual tab), there aren't any games scheduled on some days that begin with 0 and increase in sequence. I don't know how to better explain this, but you can read this post and get an idea of what I'm saying.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived