Portrait FSH files

Louvass

So Gordo tell me isn't the MLB 2K12 the best version of baseball for the PC. why would anyone be playing MVP 2005 and moding it also. I have MLB 2K 2012 and been updating it with rosters front end and stadiums for a couple years.  I'm wondering why there isn't any portraits to go with MLB2K. THANKS for your reply. 

13 minutes ago, Louvass said:

So Gordo tell me isn't the MLB 2K12 the best version of baseball for the PC. why would anyone be playing MVP 2005 and moding it also. I have MLB 2K 2012 and been updating it with rosters front end and stadiums for a couple years.  I'm wondering why there isn't any portraits to go with MLB2K. THANKS for your reply. 

There are over 6 thousand mods for MVP Baseball 2005 on this site, and people add new work all the time, so there's still an interest in updating that game even though it's 15 years old. 

You're new to the community, so I will tell you by reading that comment you made that you are insulting a lot of talented people (including @Gordo) who still work on making mods for that game, completely free of charge.

Please make sure you're downloading the right mods for the game that you're looking to play. 

There are new portraits for MLB 2K12 if you search.

So sorry didn't mean to insult anyone. I played both and found 2k12 to be a very decent game, even though it's 9 years old.  Seems to be the best PC baseball.  Again I apologize for my remarks. Thank you for your reply. 

I did try downloading the portraits but was told they were not for my version.  They were from the mlb2k forums,  so I guess I'm confused that they were not for my version.  My question is.. is there more then one version of mlb2k ? They were fsh files per my first post.  

5 minutes ago, Louvass said:

I did try downloading the portraits but was told they were not for my version.  They were from the mlb2k forums,  so I guess I'm confused that they were not for my version.  My question is.. is there more then one version of mlb2k ? They were fsh files per my first post.  

Send me a link to what you downloaded. If it's .FSH files, they are meant for MVP Baseball 2005.

Easy guys ... I didn't think there was anything "insulting" here.  Games aren't necessarily "best", just matter of preference and interest.  And newer isn't necessarily "better".  Hell, I still fire up NHL 2K10 with updated rosters and prefer it over any of EA's offerings (and saved a helluva lot of money that way over the years).  Played Tiger Woods 08 for many years until Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf came out a few years ago.  Never played Madden.  NFL 2K5 still reigns in my book.

Personally, I don't like the pitching or the fielders' movements/animations in 2K's offering and find MVP's hitting variety still having a more "real feel" than The Show (though last version I played is '16, so maybe that's not fair).

2 hours ago, Gordo said:

Easy guys ... I didn't think there was anything "insulting" here.  Games are necessarily "best", just matter of preference and interest.  And newer isn't necessarily "better".  Hell, I still fire up NHL 2K10 with updated rosters and prefer it over any of EA's offerings (and saved a helluva lot of money that way over the years).  Played Tiger Woods 08 for many years until Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf came out a few years ago.  Never played Madden.  NFL 2K5 still reigns in my book.

Personally, I don't like the pitching or the fielders' movements/animations in 2K's offering and find MVP's hitting variety still having a more "real feel" than The Show (though last version I played is '16, so maybe that's not fair).

I interpreted his comments to imply that if 2K12 is the "better" game according to him, why people would still make mods for MVP 2005, which is why I responded the way that I did. Just felt like OP didn't consider the thousands of mods for that title and content that still gets uploaded to the site with regularity.

I think we had hit a peak with modding 2K12 in the past couple of years, personally. There's way less that we can modify compared to MVP because of how limited our tools are, in exchange for better visuals, I feel.

With MVP at least, because we had such a massive community when it first came out, we've been able to strip the game down enough to tinker with the engine itself via datafile tweaks and progression tweaks for long term play (thanks to your contributions and the contributions of others).

Personally MVP 2005 to me will always be the gold standard with the mix of arcadey baseball mechanics and the simulation refinements we've made for EA through our work. If only EA could just patch the game so it didn't use SafeDisc DRM...

Just an idea, but what I really want to see with MVP is if we can artificially create a fake widescreen view by using camera tricks within the datafiles (like perspective zooms, tinkering with the FOV, etc) rather than trying to force the game to solely render in HD resolutions via hex editing.

43 minutes ago, Gordo said:

Always thought it was odd that the Xbox original version was in true 720p widescreen and the PC version was not ... you'd think it would have been the opposite.

I thought it only rendered in 720p? I figure the cameras and everything else were still designed with 4:3 in mind, but the game is upscaled?

Archived