I have a MLB 2K21 Opening Day Roster... BUT I need the community's help!

EZMADDEN

14 hours ago, Yankee4Life said:

Well then, my sincere apologies. I learn something every day in here and in life.

No worries 😉

14 hours ago, Kccitystar said:

This roster is not franchise mode ready. 

I believe this has been discussed and mentioned before either in the file description of the roster or in this thread.

It has to do with the way the player slots and appearance IDs were converted over from the MLB 2K13 roster. This can be fixed but will take some time to do so since it isn't a copy and paste type of thing that needs to be done for all 3000+ players in the Players table on REDitor.

Ok, got it, I thought it was a relatively easy problem to solve... 😔

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, catacroken said:

Hi, any news about a new version of this roster?

Steady progress is going on with portraits at the moment as part of a fuller package and I'm in the process of moving guys to the right teams before doing a mass import back into the roster among other things.

13 minutes ago, Kccitystar said:

Steady progress is going on with portraits at the moment as part of a fuller package and I'm in the process of moving guys to the right teams before doing a mass import back into the roster among other things.

Thanks for the update. Patiently waiting....

2 hours ago, Kccitystar said:

Thanks for the info, can't wait to try it!

1 hour ago, catacroken said:

Thanks for the info, can't wait to try it!

Not gonna lie, this stuff is hard. It's difficult given how frequently guys move around, and there's no set template to create guys from scratch yet (it's been suggested to just use Show ratings, but this game doesn't utilize the Show engine to simulate), but I have ideas.

So far I will tell you we have a set ID system for portraits and custom cyberfaces, which is good, because then the community can just customize the appearances of the players how they want and we can implement those changes into one truly unified community roster.

On a sidenote, there's not much I can tell you that I haven't addressed in the 2020 project I was working on. Currently this roster is an advanced port of the 2K13 roster. Considering that certain things exist in the 2021 MLB season that did not exist in the 2012 season, there are some things the modding team involved in this project have already taken, and the community should also take into consideration that I've mentioned in the initial 2020 roster project:

- Most of the modern baseball rules cannot be modded into the game, so outside of duplicating a player, there is no way to have two-way players in this game. Shohei Ohtani for example, is set up as a pitcher for this specific roster, but he has hitting attributes reflecting his performance in the 2018-2020 seasons. The workaround on the 2K13 roster was to just duplicate Shohei Ohtani as an RF/DH and as a pitcher. I found this to be a problem in franchise play considering player movements. There is no real functional way to have him be a DH and a pitcher at the same time, so if you really want to mash balls with Ohtani, face an NL team.

- Every team will have 25 guys full stop. There is no way to permanently increase the roster count to 26 per team for the regular season at the moment. This means that the lowest overall rated player or the least utilized player on the depth chart will not be on the team and will likely be in the team's AAA roster. This will trickle on down until someone is not on the roster, and that's fine. He will exist and just be designated hidden on REDitor until it's time for the player to reappear at a later time.

- While we're looking to modify the data files to allow you to start the season officially in 2021, in the event we can't, the schedule is the 2021 schedule, however the game will start you in 2012 if you start a franchise with this roster. An .FXG can start you in 2021 and could potentially be modified with all of the data in the .ROS at some point.

- As far as hurt players that will not be active this season, I'm not sure if I'll include them or keep them hidden in the roster yet.

16 hours ago, Kccitystar said:

On a sidenote, there's not much I can tell you that I haven't addressed in the 2020 project I was working on. Currently this roster is an advanced port of the 2K13 roster. Considering that certain things exist in the 2021 MLB season that did not exist in the 2012 season, there are some things the modding team involved in this project have already taken, and the community should also take into consideration that I've mentioned in the initial 2020 roster project:

- Most of the modern baseball rules cannot be modded into the game, so outside of duplicating a player, there is no way to have two-way players in this game. Shohei Ohtani for example, is set up as a pitcher for this specific roster, but he has hitting attributes reflecting his performance in the 2018-2020 seasons. The workaround on the 2K13 roster was to just duplicate Shohei Ohtani as an RF/DH and as a pitcher. I found this to be a problem in franchise play considering player movements. There is no real functional way to have him be a DH and a pitcher at the same time, so if you really want to mash balls with Ohtani, face an NL team.

- Every team will have 25 guys full stop. There is no way to permanently increase the roster count to 26 per team for the regular season at the moment. This means that the lowest overall rated player or the least utilized player on the depth chart will not be on the team and will likely be in the team's AAA roster. This will trickle on down until someone is not on the roster, and that's fine. He will exist and just be designated hidden on REDitor until it's time for the player to reappear at a later time.

- While we're looking to modify the data files to allow you to start the season officially in 2021, in the event we can't, the schedule is the 2021 schedule, however the game will start you in 2012 if you start a franchise with this roster. An .FXG can start you in 2021 and could potentially be modified with all of the data in the .ROS at some point.

- As far as hurt players that will not be active this season, I'm not sure if I'll include them or keep them hidden in the roster yet.

I understand, And I think that all of us who are looking forward to this roster understand the limitations of adapting it to the new season.

Personally, I don't need the most accurate roster and ratings or the official 2021 calendar to enjoy the game, my biggest complaint is with those damn generic faces in created players 😅, and not being able to play franchise.

I understand that not everyone will think the same, but with those two things I would have more than enough. I know getting that is already hard work and I appreciate the effort you are making

16 hours ago, Kccitystar said:

So far I will tell you we have a set ID system for portraits and custom cyberfaces, which is good, because then the community can just customize the appearances of the players how they want and we can implement those changes into one truly unified community roster.

That's the way

46 minutes ago, catacroken said:

I understand, And I think that all of us who are looking forward to this roster understand the limitations of adapting it to the new season.

Personally, I don't need the most accurate roster and ratings or the official 2021 calendar to enjoy the game, my biggest complaint is with those damn generic faces in created players 😅, and not being able to play franchise.

I understand that not everyone will think the same, but with those two things I would have more than enough. I know getting that is already hard work and I appreciate the effort you are making

That's the way

The truth is that getting the roster franchise mode ready requires something a lot more in depth given the league changes in the past 8 years including a team realignment, so that means fixing the previous schedules the game uses to accommodate this alignment and ensure that newer schedules are generated with that alignment in mind and not have it crash.

Additionally just for an immersion standpoint I would love to tinker with values that affect trade logic and AI logic as far as contracts, like the values in the roster for player ambitions

An update to this thread:

We have 25-Man rosters for all 30 clubs. This is up to date as of 6/12/2021.

As far as lower levels (Single A to AAA), we will need literally all the help we can on that in regards to prospects because I'm not all that familiar with MiLB.

Team rebrands are completed on the roster (Wood Ducks, Chihuahuas, etc.), but affiliates to the MLB club need to be sorted out.

What about injured players?

I believe at least for this roster, when guys are hurt, we should hide them from the roster (flag the player as non-FA and the team ID to 999 on REDitor) and just use the extra slots available in the roster to fill in the gaps across all levels. The idea of hiding them in the minors or in low A ball doesn't appeal to me since they're taking up someone else's spot and it screws with the CPU logic as far as who gets called up and sent down in Franchise.

Why can't we have 26 guys to a team?
The game does not allow 26-man rosters in Franchise mode. This can't be coded in at this point in time. If you tried to start a franchise, you will get a message about cutting down the roster for Opening Day, I believe. The roster does allow you to have up to 50 guys to a team through REDitor as part of exhibition play though. The All-Star Team rosters in this update have 34 guys apiece from the 2019 ASG, for example.

Archived