I have a MLB 2K21 Opening Day Roster... BUT I need the community's help!

EZMADDEN

So I've converted a Xbox 360 MLB 2K13 Update to work on MLB 2K12 on PC. The roster is by GOAT Rosters from Operation Sports. It looks like everything is there. Rosters are accurate as of opening day, but obviously the faces are the generic faces, and some faces are just plain inaccurate.

With that being said, for me to individually go through and assign cyberfaces would be a very daunting task. (especially because I am an athlete and training takes up much of my time). So I was wondering if anyone in the community would be willing to assist me in going through and assigning cyberfaces to everyone in the roster? I have a few friends who would be willing to help as well, and seeing as we haven't had a proper roster update in a long time, I think it would be really beneficial to get this out there.   

SO PLEASE GET BACK TO ME AND LET ME KNOW IF YOU'RE WILLING TO HELP! 

Here is the link to the roster in the downloads section. Do with it as you please. Just trying to scratch that itch for us PC baseball fans this year. Hope it helps: 

Major League Baseball 2K12 4_15_2021 7_20_05 PM.png

Major League Baseball 2K12 4_15_2021 7_19_19 PM.png

Major League Baseball 2K12 4_15_2021 7_19_05 PM.png

Did you get GOAT's permission to use his rosters?  The rules here state that in order to include someone else's work in a mod you submit, you must get their permission first.  If you haven't done that, you can't include his work in your mod.

57 minutes ago, Jim825 said:

Did you get GOAT's permission to use his rosters?  The rules here state that in order to include someone else's work in a mod you submit, you must get their permission first.  If you haven't done that, you can't include his work in your mod.

I reached out a couple months back and still haven't gotten a reply. I don't think it's because he doesn't want me to use it, but because he's not very active he probably hasn't seen it. There's a reason I'm saying that this roster is by him. I'm trying to credit him for his work. I'm just stating that I have ported the roster to PC for us to FINALLY be able to use. It looks like there hasn't been a solid up to date roster for you guys to use in a few years. That's awful. I'm trying to finally give the 2K12 community something they can actually use for once. What if I would have just uploaded this and claimed that the roster was by me? Nobody would have had any idea that it was GOAT's work, and the file would have stayed up on this site like nothing ever happened. I'm trying to do something good for us, so maybe just take the effort + gesture and appreciate it. If he ever reaches out to me or on here and tells us that he's not okay with it, then that's that. Remove it. This forum and community has been dry af lately and I was hoping this would help finally get something going other than the same 5 people talking in the general chat. Just please think about this community first and what I'm trying to provide before Nazi-ing my post off the site. 

@EZMADDEN I'll work with you if you want. This was a roster project I scrapped last year once it became far too difficult to convert to 2K12 and update accordingly. I had worked with 2Kquarant1n3 to try and re-rate guys and things like that but the pandemic affected both of us in different ways outside of modding, enough to scrap things altogether.

What I've been trying to allocate the time and energy to do this year outside of my own game development is just merge what I've worked on last season into the roster that @headtrip47 is actively working on, but I do feel that once there is a system in place to convert the 2K13 console roster to 2K12, we won't have to work so hard to make changes outside of roster moves moving forward. I'm curious on the work that you did to make it playable and we can collaborate to tweak it further so it can function as a collaborative base for us to use. There's a thread where I've discussed roster file changes in detail and did extensive research on how the schedule structure works on what was going to be MLB2K20 extensively, and at length if you have the time.

As far as crediting Omega for his work, I have absolutely no problem with that, but the extensive work and changes required to make it playable on 2K12 would be entirely on us since Omega does not have a 2K12 version of his roster. This would be almost like someone translating/porting over someone else's work.

7 hours ago, raidersbball20 said:

@Jim825I could be mistaken but I'm fairly certain kccitystar asked him over at OS about converting his roster awhile back and he said go for it

Screenshot_20210415-225317_Samsung Internet.jpg

I was unaware of that so thanks for pointing that out. 

@EZMADDEN If you felt I was trying to censor your post, I apologize, as that was not my intention. I saw that work from another site was being posted here and just wanted to make sure there would be no issues with it in the future since, as you said, it will be a great addition for those playing MLB2K12.  

If there's ever been one word that has been misused the most in the past 5 years or so and shouldn't be thrown around frivolously, it's Nazi. People don't understand the true implications of that word. Also, some people get too damned thin skinned and worked up when something is being challenged.  It's a message board on the internet; it's not like you're talking face to face.  

17 minutes ago, Gordo said:

If there's ever been one word that has been misused the most in the past 5 years or so and shouldn't be thrown around frivolously, it's Nazi. People don't understand the true implications of that word. Also, some people get too damned thin skinned and worked up when something is being challenged.  It's a message board on the internet; it's not like you're talking face to face.  

I couldn't agree with you more here.

My knee jerk reaction was to post a stronger response last night since I felt like I was being criticized for no good reason. Ultimately, I walked away and this morning posted my response above. Life is too short to argue about a video game mod, especially over the Internet. 

2 minutes ago, Jim825 said:

My knee jerk reaction was to post a stronger response last night since I felt like I was being criticized for no good reason. Ultimately, I walked away and this morning posted my response above. Life is too short to argue about a video game mod, especially over the Internet. 

You ain't kiddin'

22 hours ago, 10joseandres said:

Can someone explain to me how to edit the players of the all stars teams?

Players on all star teams are duplicates on the roster with separate ID attached to them.  You have to edit this slots assigned to the all star teams.

1 hour ago, PapsZ said:

I have a problem with this roster, when i play a exhibition game the game crash, just i cant play

It's a slot issue with appearances. Some rows in the Appearances table are reserved for managers/coaches and if you assign that row to a player it will crash the game (because it doesn't know what to do). This is currently being worked on at the moment.

17 hours ago, Kccitystar said:

It's a slot issue with appearances. Some rows in the Appearances table are reserved for managers/coaches and if you assign that row to a player it will crash the game (because it doesn't know what to do). This is currently being worked on at the moment.

I think I found the problem, now what? LOL

mlb2k12 2021-04-20 07-03-09-53.png

mlb2k12 2021-04-20 07-03-20-02.png

hi, im here just to say thank you for the work and effort. 

I was disappointed because finally this year The Show 21 did not come out on pc, but thanks to this mod pc users can enjoy this season. I hope you can solve the problems with roster in franchise soon ... in the meantime I will continue checking daily for news ;)

Thanks again!

23 hours ago, PapsZ said:

I think I found the problem, now what? LOL

mlb2k12 2021-04-20 07-03-09-53.png

mlb2k12 2021-04-20 07-03-20-02.png

That's kind of where we are right now on this. I should be able to fix this during the weekend.

57 minutes ago, catacroken said:

hi, im here just to say thank you for the work and effort. 

I was disappointed because finally this year The Show 21 did not come out on pc, but thanks to this mod pc users can enjoy this season. I hope you can solve the problems with roster in franchise soon ... in the meantime I will continue checking daily for news ;)

Thanks again!

You ain't seen nothing yet ;)

37 minutes ago, catacroken said:

hi! i know this things take time, but it will be possible to have just a hotfix for franchise mode crash anytime soon?

i wish i could help but i bave no idea on how modding works...

thanks!

Does this have anything to do with the topic of the thread?

Please search the forums in the 2k12\support area for your question. If it is not there create a new thread.

13 minutes ago, Yankee4Life said:

Please search the forums in the 2k12\support area for your question. If it is not there create a new thread.

dont understand. actualy this roster  crashes when triyng to play franchise, so i think yes, this have anything to do with the topic

6 hours ago, Yankee4Life said:

Actually it does. 

6 hours ago, catacroken said:

dont understand. actualy this roster  crashes when triyng to play franchise, so i think yes, this have anything to do with the topic

This roster is not franchise mode ready. 

I believe this has been discussed and mentioned before either in the file description of the roster or in this thread.

It has to do with the way the player slots and appearance IDs were converted over from the MLB 2K13 roster. This can be fixed but will take some time to do so since it isn't a copy and paste type of thing that needs to be done for all 3000+ players in the Players table on REDitor.

Archived