A reminder about adding TC teams

BallFour

This was a headscratcher that had me puzzled all of last night, until the eureka moment came. I was working with MVP 1994 as a base and was running into an issue with the Devil Rays and Diamondbacks. I had put them in the proper leagues and divisions so I was seeing their team rankings in the team select screen (ditto for their minor league affiliates), but I had an issue with the Edit Player screen. The Devil Rays and Diamondbacks teams were appearing as Team N/A and League N/A. When previewing cyberfaces for those players, they were appearing in random uniforms like you'd see with free agents.

I had double checked the team.dat file, which is where you find the league and division inputs, but there was one verrrrry important detail I was looking for without success. In the org.dat file, there's an important little section called "ORG_IS_FRANCHISE". If it's a zero, your team will act like above. Change that 0 to a 1 and all your problems will be solved. 

Obviously, this works in reverse as well (as I'm sure you know), so if you're looking to pare down the teams, all you have to do is find the team you're looking to poof, change the 1 to a 0, and then in the team.dat file, change the league to 11 or 12, and change the division to 26 or something, and they're gone. Hope this helps for anyone else looking to get into classics modding.

• 8 months later...

Hello Ball Four,

Could you link me to a thread explaining how to add these two teams back into older mods? I'd like to add them to the 93 mod. Or, if you don't mind explaining, I would really appreciate it! They are already half in, but I want to make them active and playable.

Mainly, I don't know what software that I should be using to make these changes!

Thank you.

Yes, that would work. I’m still confused how you plan to resolve the issue of players on the Rays or Diamondbacks who may have been on other teams in 1993. What Rays and Diamondbacks rosters are you planning to add to the 1993 mod?  The 1998 teams?

Since it's just for fun and not strict historical accuracy, I have been building a list of real 1993 foreign and minor league players that I omitted from the 93 update that I put up here. The two teams already have rosters in mp3 edit, and I will just substitute these real players into the slots to create two fantasy, bad news bears type teams that can be played by those wanting a challenge or to have a Major League movie type scenario.

Will activating the two missing teams deactivate the bug that doesn't let the bottom four teams have goals in franchise play?

Thank you again for you help.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived