Not sure what the rules are on sharing this kind of stuff? If i should or even can? If not, that is fine, just as always trying to share what i been spending so much time on.

Not sure if i can just upload or just email them directly to people, because none of this is my original work.

1. (Less controversial)

I categorized all of Homers 492 faces from his last upload. What i mean is i separated them by decade pre-1970, 70's, (70's-80's), 80's, (80's-90's), 90's & 2000's.

This makes it easier to use, find, add or start a new mod with.

2. (Much more controversial) The 1993 Mod. To me this mod is great and has probably (I haven't installed all or played all of them), but just going on the ones I have.

This Mod has the most complete MiLB roster of any i have tried. Just about all 3 levels are complete with the 1993 minor league players, and if not, then all the future stars or call ups are all there.

Making it excellent to run a dynasty!

The only problem is faces were not a priority or permission was not given or just never added.

I have found and added over 90+ faces, readily available here for download @ MVP Mods.

Faces by Veesmack, Homer, Jogar84 and a host of others. Some are just updates when a far better one was available, others were created by me and the majority were new and never added, instead the players were using a generic 901-907 face. I gave all these guys a #, using the empty slots from #502-638

So, i am asking first what are the rules and 2nd is anyone even interested?

Dirtdog

3 hours ago, Dirtdog said:

So, i am asking first what are the rules and 2nd is anyone even interested?

Dirtdog

Don't even try it. You need permission from each modder to do this. Someone many years ago wanted to make all the new stadiums (at least new at that time) into one big download. It was denied by the modders.

If Homer wants to separate his faces he will but naturally it does not hurt to ask. I don't speak for him. I just know he is not here on a regular basis.

Hawk made the 1993 mod and he has not been here since November of 2020.

15 hours ago, Yankee4Life said:

Don't even try it. You need permission from each modder to do this. Someone many years ago wanted to make all the new stadiums (at least new at that time) into one big download. It was denied by the modders.

If Homer wants to separate his faces he will but naturally it does not hurt to ask. I don't speak for him. I just know he is not here on a regular basis.

Hawk made the 1993 mod and he has not been here since November of 2020.

I think, and this is just my opinion, in the spirit of preservation, to simply credit the work of the original content creator and it should be in the clear for the most part.

I understand that a lot of the guys who have actively worked on those things have probably left the community, but for those of us who recognize these works who are still active in the community, it would enrage us all if the work is uploaded with no credit to any original authors or set up behind a paywall.

If we are all collectively mindful of this when we release compilation-type of content, I'm okay with it.

As KC said, give credit to the original developer and you should be good. I’m OK with this as well, as long as you don’t solicit for donations. If you did that, you would be profiting off the work of others, which is not acceptable. 

17 minutes ago, Jim825 said:

As KC said, give credit to the original developer and you should be good. I’m OK with this as well, as long as you don’t solicit for donations. If you did that, you would be profiting off the work of others, which is not acceptable. 

I see what KC and yourself are saying here and in Hawk's case (the guy who made the '93 mod) he has not been here in over a year and a half. If he came back and he saw that something was done with his mod that he would not approved of he'd have the right to ask it to be removed. Although what Dirtdog is attempting to do will actually improve the mod.

Now with Homer, he is not here a lot but he does come here on occasion. He would be a lot easier to get in contact with and explain what he wants to do. Then Homer can decide.

The donation part is non-negotiable. I agree, that is not acceptable.

2 hours ago, Yankee4Life said:

I see what KC and yourself are saying here and in Hawk's case (the guy who made the '93 mod) he has not been here in over a year and a half. If he came back and he saw that something was done with his mod that he would not approved of he'd have the right to ask it to be removed. Although what Dirtdog is attempting to do will actually improve the mod.

Now with Homer, he is not here a lot but he does come here on occasion. He would be a lot easier to get in contact with and explain what he wants to do. Then Homer can decide.

The donation part is non-negotiable. I agree, that is not acceptable.

Absolutely agree with the bolded, however we will cross that bridge when we get to it :)

I guess i won't be able to pay my mortgage this month. Lol

Guys i am not doing this to profit in anyway,

I have been working weeks on this type of stuff, ever since I spent 3 weekends downloading every face ever made.

No, I mean every patch and mod ever made.

Then came the sorting,

So, it seems like a go then?

Update:

The 1993 Mod i am @ 103 faces now

Should be finished with these in a couple of days,

Thanks

14 hours ago, Dirtdog said:

I guess i won't be able to pay my mortgage this month. Lol

Guys i am not doing this to profit in anyway,

I have been working weeks on this type of stuff, ever since I spent 3 weekends downloading every face ever made.

No, I mean every patch and mod ever made.

Then came the sorting,

So, it seems like a go then?

Update:

The 1993 Mod i am @ 103 faces now

Should be finished with these in a couple of days,

Thanks

It's all good.

If we get DMs/messages asked to have it taken down, we will communicate this to you, no worries.

Here is what Hawk said, first line of his readme. So, i don't think he will have an issue.

MVP Baseball 1993 Total Classic  V1.0
--------------------------------------

******************************************************************************************
*NOTE: Anyone is welcome to improve this mod or use it as a base for another classic mod!*
******************************************************************************************

I've made a separate thread to this regarding the 93 Classics in the Mod Announcements area. I have added over 1000 portraits to the 93 mod and fixed a lot errors (i.e. pitchers with 36 velocity and 15 home runs) that were created by the systems when generating random free agents or farm players. I'm doing this as a labor of love, and simply want to share what I think is an enhancement of the mod with anyone who might be interested, and enjoy playing with a full, authentic minor league system from 1993.

Dirtdog, I'd be happy to collaborate or share any of my additions that might be of interest to you.

No problem, will do.

But i think me adding faces like I am doing is one thing,

But editing Hawks roster and then releasing it may be a whole different animal.

You may need to get permission on that one?

Not sure, check with these guys on the rules for that kind of stuff

But i am all for whatever we can update on this excellent mod

Posted (edited)

I don't plan to rerelease his mod. I would just release my additions as an optional update for those who want to use it in conjunction with that mod. 

Edited by KiwiLifter