Steam Deck and no pc only mac

imdakine1

1 hour ago, imdakine1 said:

Can I use the mods on my steam deck without a windows pc? I read you need to use a tool to transfer the mod but I only have a MacBook and steam deck. 

Thanks! 

Hey, welcome to the website.

I don't know the answer to this question but hopefully someone in here will. Also, you only need one thread for this question. Not a problem though.

On 3/19/2023 at 12:45 PM, imdakine1 said:

Can I use the mods on my steam deck without a windows pc? I read you need to use a tool to transfer the mod but I only have a MacBook and steam deck. 

Thanks! 

By mods, you mean the custom teams? Not directly because of the nature of the Steam Deck, but hear me out. 

It sounds a little complicated, but this is how it makes sense to me as far as how you could add teams and have them playable on the Steam Deck, since we're essentially just modding a save.

I don't own a Steam Deck but the game does support Cloud Saves, so this is what I would do:

1. You would need to find a way to have a PC with Steam installed, logged in as yourself with SMB3 installed on that machine, and then you can import the teams you want using the tools on the site to a local save. If you have a local friend who also plays games on Steam this would be really easy.
  2. Play a game one or two times and have that save uploaded to the Steam Cloud (since the game can do cloud saves).
  3. The Steam Deck should be able pull that save from the Cloud (with the modded teams etc) and overwrite your existing save on the system itself.

20 hours ago, rangers9911 said:

Being honest, I don't know anything about the steam deck. However, you could use a virtual machine or a bootcamp partition for windows and probably do some of the transferring that way. Hope that helps with at least a portion of your question

Thanks! Agreed that I might be able to find a way to do a virtual machine. 

10 hours ago, Kccitystar said:

Thanks! I like your idea… I do have an only Microsoft surface tablet and maybe it will allow steam to be on it. Main problem might be if the surface tablet can run the game or not… if so your idea works well… if not, finding a friend would be helpful.

Thanks again for the creative out of the box idea… 

By mods, you mean the custom teams? Not directly because of the nature of the Steam Deck, but hear me out. 

It sounds a little complicated, but this is how it makes sense to me as far as how you could add teams and have them playable on the Steam Deck, since we're essentially just modding a save.

I don't own a Steam Deck but the game does support Cloud Saves, so this is what I would do:

1. You would need to find a way to have a PC with Steam installed, logged in as yourself with SMB3 installed on that machine, and then you can import the teams you want using the tools on the site to a local save. If you have a local friend who also plays games on Steam this would be really easy.
  2. Play a game one or two times and have that save uploaded to the Steam Cloud (since the game can do cloud saves).
  3. The Steam Deck should be able pull that save from the Cloud (with the modded teams etc) and overwrite your existing save on the system itself.

Archived