1894 Baltimore Orioles - 5½ Years Later

deadballfan

Hi all,

This is my first attempt at editing a uniform. I hope to have the 1894 Orioles included in Total Classics 2005.

I used the 1906 Tiger unis as a base (except the hat - from one of the old Red Sox unis with a plain white hat). I basically changed any blue to black and replaced the old English D with a plain block B.

Also added white stripes to the socks and black stripes to the front flap of the cap. Tried to add thicker stripes to go around the cap for the late 1880s look, but I just could not get those things to line up. Come to think of it, the stripes on the socks at certain angles could prolly use a tweak as well.

Changed the fxxxY.fsh alpha bmps to solid black so names and numbers will not show through. Any uni's F fsh file that has a black lettering scheme could be used if names and numbers were needed.

Anyway, here's the pic. I'll be happy to upload or send the files if someone wants to work on it for TC2005.

balt94beta7wj.jpg

Thanks to ImageShack for hosting the image and everyone here at MVPMods for hosting everything else.

deadballfan

• 5 years later...

These files have been collecting dust long enough. Time for some new tests ...

lineupsg.jpg

defensex.jpg

uniformp.jpg

atbat.jpg

stepup.jpg

Testing in a TC 10 AA slot. Uniform is from original 2005 preview. Gave the portraits & logos a face lift.

Loc work is done. The team name audio says Baltimore Orioles.

Still need to tweak the rosters a bit. Faces are all generic and no hair or mustache settings yet.

Also need to account for the ~130 game schedule.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update:

Final roster testing is underway.

Added some mustaches to the generic faces.

Will be going over the TC face list and see if I can assign some similar looking faces.

Would appreciate any suggestions.

Was thinking about Ty Cobb's face for "Boileryard" Clarke:

boileryardclarke.jpg . . . . tycobb.jpg

Have tested a few of the PBP audios.

Finished:

OF Joe Kelley

Probably Finished (not sure at this point how I would tweak them):

UT Frank Bonner (saved as much "Bon" from Bond as possible to paste to "er" in Bonderman)

C Frank Bowerman (Bauer, with a little extra stress, pasted over Bonderman)

OF Steve Brodie ("dee" is a little artificial sounding but not too distracting)

C Boileryard Clarke (his given name is William, so for now I'm using "Will Clark"; any ideas for Boileryard?)

SS Hughie Jennings (Hughie is ok, might switch to a better sounding "Hugh", then might try adding the long e to it)

3B John McGraw (Graw - passable but not perfect, was using Johnny Grabowski as a base file)

C Wilbert Robinson (Will + Burt came out fairly well)

Might be released as is (have ideas to improve though):

OF Willie Keeler ("Kee" is over stressed, started with Jimmy "Key" + Dan Wh"eeler")

(haven't tried the Wee before Willie yet, been looking for a new "Kee" sound, maybe in a name with "qui")

Total train wreck:

1B Dan Brouthers (AKA artificial synth garbage, back to the drawing board)

To be done: William "Kid" Gleason, George "Scoops" Carey, Henry "Heinie" Reitz (long i or e?), John "Sadie" McMahon, Tony Mullane, Arlington "Arlie" Pond

I found some names in a post from 2005 about some of the hidden rookie audios,

but I haven't been able yet to find a PBP .big file from my old files and various mod downloads that had the names I needed.

I was mainly looking for 2767 Dave Crouthers (to use for Dan Brouthers).

He was in the Orioles system in 2004 and went to the Cubs before the spring of 2005 as part of the Sammy Sosa trade.

He was optioned to Double A in spring training but never played for them.

A couple others that might help with the "Kee" in Willie Keeler (depending on their actual pronunciation):

2795 Matt Esquivel

2917 Kila Kaaihue

2923 Mark Kieger

3111 Jarrod Saltalamacchia

hey deadball i missed this post on the thread, my internet was down for 4 days :facepalm:

Looks great and Im glad its moving forward, I cant wait to see this realized.

as for pbp for Brouthers, I wanted to say I believe I read somewhere that his name was actually pronounced Broothers, maybe that would be easier to piece together? I just tried looking it up and cant find a quick reference to his pronunciation, but i swear i read that somewhere.

Y4L to answer your question, a little, cause it wasnt really directed at me but, what happened to start this up again was I found Deadballs 1894 orioles download burried deep in the downloads section and really wanted to try it out, as way back oldtimers are a hobby of mine. I couldn't get it to work on any of the mods or fresh installs that I had so I PMd the modder deadball. my simple question got his 1894 juices flowing and he jumped back on top of it with both feet. so I have to say it again, the MVP mods community really is a great place to be. You guys are all pretty cool in my book.

:drinks:

Archived