High School Field

MarlinsMS_35

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What are the different parts of Mfield? Theres about 3 dirts, 4 grasses. I assume its criss cross, diamond etc patterns. Since it's HS, and theres no special patterns, I can make them all normal grass right? Aslo, how would I make a scoreboard?

There a couple ways you can handle the field. You can modify mfield0.o and then duplicate it for the others. Or you can clear up some of the dirt grass models in the mfield and generate a new one in the mstadium. The latter would take a lot more time. The mfield has a lot of restrictions and is fussy at times. Think of the parts as layers. The lower the part number the lower the layer. Anything above that lower part number will always be on top.

Wow awesome job man. How long did it take you to even do this? You should take a look into some mlb stadiums.

I really don't know how long. it was some work here and there since I started it.

After this is done I think I will move on to fantasy-style stadiums.

I really don't know how long. it was some work here and there since I started it.

After this is done I think I will move on to fantasy-style stadiums.

Yes! I've been waiting for such a long time for someone to go into that! And btw, this field now looks amazing so far. Nice work.

A problem I never mentioned in the tutorial is the crazy things that oedit will do when converting your triangles.

Sometimes oedit will just weld two vertices located in the same xyz coordinate. This will cause crashes before game loads. A way to prevent this accidental welding is by generating a UV map for the collision data and separating the UV map vertices that overlap. This should prevent this welding and your triangles should keep the same count.

So, for creating the new cram 32.fsh, Do I just have to delete everything that's in there, and import the textures I used? Or are they somehow packed into the .z3d->o->ord file?

I'm not sure what rolie does, but I go through each base stadium and mark what goes where in the removable.o or mstadium.o. In rolie's tutorial, there are spreadsheets with each piece listed, and you have to work through that. So, I match all of my seating with the existing seating, then just import into those parts.

I didn't touch the removable.o, so i assume that I can just import it back in with no problems. I imported everything in, but the game crashed. Probably because I didn't update the cram32.fsh, and just put it in to see what would happen. I'm attaching my stadium file for zmod so people can critique, and maybe help me with my next step.

Edit: For some reason i can't get attachments to work, so I uploaded it here.

http://rapidshare.com/files/131954890/msta...master.rar.html

Click "free users" on the right.

I checked it out looks cool. I wish there was a way to send a Zmod file with the textures intact.

As for your crashing. It could be a million things. I can't really tell what causing it without the .big file

Your polygon count is like half a million. That will crash any computer to pieces before start. I looked at the zmod file at it looks like the tree count is kinda high. All that backgraound nature I did In DS was flat 2d squares.

Maybe I'll just cut down the trees in half, and then try it.

Another thing..... When I create the new cram32, do I give the files their names in zmod, or their actual file names? (I abbreviated some stuff for zmod, so I'm just wondering, even though I'm guessing it's the zmod names.

Another thing..... When I create the new cram32, do I give the files their names in zmod, or their actual file names? (I abbreviated some stuff for zmod, so I'm just wondering, even though I'm guessing it's the zmod names.

What files? Do you mean when you are adding new objects in the cram32?

One thing I noticed is that you have your trees in multiple parts. You can just merge them into one part.

When you import this part into oiftool you need to select a part that has a known texture assosciated with it.

Since you are not using the removable.o then you don't really need to add "new" objects to the cram32.

I'm not sure if Rolie ever came across this, because he was pretty economical with Dodger, but I've had serious .o problems with some of my larger parts. For example, any roof supports (like on Ebbets and Braves) have to be split over a number of different parts or there will be a .o failure.

In oedit, two things happen when you import files that are too large. For the first, and Rolie had this with Dodger, it shows a popup window saying ".o file mismatch" or something, but that can be cleared and you'll be ok. But when it shows the second type of error message, you've added too many into a part and won't be able to continue. For this one, the error message can be cleared, but nothing will show up in oedit afterwards. This causes crashes.

It's easily fixed, you just need to go back into oiftool and clear out the offending part. However, you should always import the problem children parts one by one, since there's no way otherwise to know which one is the issue.

And I assume you know that after importing something into a .o with oiftool that you need to enter some shading information for the vertices in oedit, otherwise it will be invisible.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived