Mvp13 Crashes Right Before A Exhibition Game Starts

Hi All... Love the site... always have.

I have a problem...

I have a purchased cd that I've owned forever.

I've played total conversion mods from an older PC just fine.

But for some reason as soon as I start any sort of gameplay, it crashes to desktop.

My Specs:

Win 7: sp1 64bit

GTX 660

i7 - 3770 @ 3.40 GHz

8 gig RAM

I've started an unmodded MVP05 game fine, no problems...

But the MVP13 MOD keeps crashing... Could I be missing a file from it?

STEPS:

1. Installed MVP05 game to Desktop as per Win7 discussions.

2. Installed #3 Patch

3. Set exe to Administration and Compatibity to WinXP

4. Downloaded MVP13

5. Extracted to different folder

6. explodeme.exe to MVP05 Dir on Desktop

7. Tested gameplay... crash

Repeat and Rinse

I've tried reading and searching the forms to find different solutions before I posted anything.

If anyone has had a similiar issue and fixed it, that would be great.

I wanted to also add the UPDATED ROSTERS, PROFILES & CYBERFACES but wanted to get my core working first.

So far, no luck...

Thanx again for any solution...

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh....ain't like there's tons of traffic around here about it and it's been a while. Sounds like sidewalk tried to do his homework.

@sidewalk: I'm running W7 now and installed it in the programx86 folder (default programs install folder) and it's working fine. Maybe try installing it there if you didn't already. Installing to desktop was necessary for some W7 users. Dunno why.

@Daflyboys...

You nailed it!

I don't understand how there was a cyberface issue with only using the the full MVP13 mod, but after installing the 2014 rosters and faces... I was able to start a game and play a few innings without a problem...

Hopefully this means that all is well and I now have my mother folder from which I can copy and create other conversions from.

Thank you so much!

@Yankee4life... I apologize if I posted in a wrong spot, I thought that this forum was the one to use. And since my issue seemed similar but differed slightly, I felt that it would be better suited as a separate post. In the future I will try to build from forum post already created if there are similarities.

@Yankee4life... I apologize if I posted in a wrong spot, I thought that this forum was the one to use. And since my issue seemed similar but differed slightly, I felt that it would be better suited as a separate post. In the future I will try to build from forum post already created if there are similarities.

No problem at all but I do have to inform you that you are being fined $500 along with three days in jail.

• 3 weeks later...

@Daflyboys...

You nailed it!

I don't understand how there was a cyberface issue with only using the the full MVP13 mod, but after installing the 2014 rosters and faces... I was able to start a game and play a few innings without a problem...

Hopefully this means that all is well and I now have my mother folder from which I can copy and create other conversions from.

Thank you so much!

@asidewalkcipher May I inquire what faces and roster you installed to fix your issue ? (a link would be nice lol) Also can you tell me what files I need to download seeing as I only have 2 downloads a day.

Edited by Ender Wiggin007

@asidewalkcipher May I inquire what faces and roster you installed to fix your issue ? (a link would be nice lol) Also can you tell me what files I need to download seeing as I only have 2 downloads a day.

First off....why not give the $5 and get unlimited downloads? Anywho....

The answer is no different from above: Homer's latest facepack (in the DL section). Also, I just published the latest rosters version as of today (again, in the DL section). I'm not sure why you need links. Just go to the DL section for the MVP game.

If you are adding other miscellaneous downloads, then you are bringing in additional factors.

Let me back up and say if you are crashing, you're not describing where and when this is happening. It could be a stadium, a uniform, etc., etc.

First off....why not give the $5 and get unlimited downloads? Anywho....

The answer is no different from above: Homer's latest facepack (in the DL section). Also, I just published the latest rosters version as of today (again, in the DL section). I'm not sure why you need links. Just go to the DL section for the MVP game.

If you are adding other miscellaneous downloads, then you are bringing in additional factors.

Let me back up and say if you are crashing, you're not describing where and when this is happening. It could be a stadium, a uniform, etc., etc.

I am crashing exactly where OP is crashing. When trying to start a game or create a player. Clean install, patched to patch 5 (or 3) I have tried both. Then extract MVP 13 and again crashes when you start game play. No other mods/anything.

Base game starts and plays just fine.

Edited by Ender Wiggin007

I am crashing exactly where OP is crashing. When trying to start a game or create a player. Clean install, patched to patch 5 (or 3) I have tried both. Then extract MVP 13 and again crashes when you start game play. No other mods/anything.

The answer is still the same.

Then you are doing something wrong.

Follow daflyboys advice here.

Then you are doing something wrong.

Follow daflyboys advice here.

I will try with the faces and roster when I get the chance to download them but I am not really sure what i can be doing wrong. From what I understand a total conversion should have all the files needed to run the mod within itself.

STEPS:

1. Installed MVP05 game to L drive (different then C/ drive)

2. Installed 2,3,4,5 Patchs in that order.

3. Set exe to Administration and Compatibity to WinXP

4. Downloaded MVP13

5. Extracted to different folder

6. explodeme.exe to MVP05 directory on L drive

7. Tested gameplay/create a player ... crash

I assume that means you're on W7. Some guys found success installing to desktop as indicted. "L" drive means nothing other than it is an auxillary drive, split from your C or maybe a virtual drive. If the latter, then there's no accounting for that (remember what the OS system was when this game came out).

Maybe you don't want to set admin and compat to WinXP until AFTER you install everything. Just to be sure, install it to your desktop (you can always move the whole folder later to your C or L or J or W drive to see if it will still work).

If you're on W8, others here made threads reporting success, but I didn't really read those and not sure how they did, if anything special was needed.

@Ender Wiggin007

First off daflyboys is exactly right about going for the 5$ for unlimited downloads... so worth it!

Secondly... yeah these guys know what they are saying.

What worked for me...

'?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

I explained everything that I did to make it work for Win7 as far as I can go...

But in general, it seems to be a cyberface issue and as long as you have Homers newest and daflyboys rosters... it generally works, as long I restart my Win7 computer if I perform any other actions on it... very strange...

Hope it helps...

Though... really... go for the 10$ or 5$ membership to truly get value for your game.

@YFL

Things happened to me in my 3 days of imprisonment... I can't really talk about it, but I've learned my lesson... ;-)

Okay, so I have installed MVP 13 then the roster, then the faces. It still crashes like before, but after more exploring it still appears to be using an old roster IE Angles have mike trout still. I copied the roster files to data/database like the instructions say. Am I missing a step with the roster or ?

Thanks for the help thus far.

Confusing. Of course the Angels have Mike Trout. That's the only team he's played for.

When copying/installing rosters to that sub-folder, delete the old first and unzip the new. Don't overwrite. Go into the game and look at the roster via the roster management section. Look for a known change (e.g., Price on Detroit). If still not seeing it, select "reset rosters" and look again. If you install the rosters "fresh" as indicated above, they become your default rosters and there is no way they can be showing old rosters, as the game reads these 19 dat files that make up the roster.

You're still not indicating some things. Did you change the privileges as suggested or still do that first? What OS are you using? Did you try to install to desktop or still to some auxiliary drive?

Be specific. It will help us help you figure it out.

Also, when you test gameplay, don't pick an alternate uniform. Go with one of the first two home or away unis. Don't choose a minor league stadium... go with one of the majors (and sometimes Cincy and LA parks for me were suspect in TC 13....pick somewhere else to test).

Confusing. Of course the Angels have Mike Trout. That's the only team he's played for.

When copying/installing rosters to that sub-folder, delete the old first and unzip the new. Don't overwrite. Go into the game and look at the roster via the roster management section. Look for a known change (e.g., Price on Detroit). If still not seeing it, select "reset rosters" and look again. If you install the rosters "fresh" as indicated above, they become your default rosters and there is no way they can be showing old rosters, as the game reads these 19 dat files that make up the roster.

You're still not indicating some things. Did you change the privileges as suggested or still do that first? What OS are you using? Did you try to install to desktop or still to some auxiliary drive?

Be specific. It will help us help you figure it out.

Also, when you test gameplay, don't pick an alternate uniform. Go with one of the first two home or away unis. Don't choose a minor league stadium... go with one of the majors (and sometimes Cincy and LA parks for me were suspect in TC 13....pick somewhere else to test).

Okay.

I have tried your "fresh" way of installing your the roster. Still not working. Yes prince fielder is in Detroit. I am using Win 7 64bit. I have tried both installing to the desktop and and auxiliary drive. I have tried as admin and not as admin, and every compatibility mode. As far as testing game-play, I just press advanced until the game loads.

Did you install the original game from the disks or digital download?

Do you have more than one install? Is it possible your shortcut to the game is pointing to the MVP13 folder without the latest rosters, where Prince would be in Detroit versus a folder that contains the rosters? Because with those 19 dat files, there is no way the game is reading "older" rosters unless you're loading another roster set from within the game itself.

Did you install the original game from the disks or digital download?

Do you have more than one install? Is it possible your shortcut to the game is pointing to the MVP13 folder without the latest rosters, where Prince would be in Detroit versus a folder that contains the rosters? Because with those 19 dat files, there is no way the game is reading "older" rosters unless you're loading another roster set from within the game itself.

So I may have gotten confused about the roster, it appears to be current and correct. I installed from the disks. I have apparently tried everything that I have seen or read about. Quite frustrated.

I'm also having trouble with the latest update. In exhibition I select cardinals vs tigers before loading the game it kicks me out. I did copy and paste the roster update and reset the rosters.

I downloaded Homer's latest faces pack, loaded TIT and selected the face pack zip and get a script error near the end.

Total Conversion Mod 13 on Windows 8.1.

@ dstyle14

Well, if the faces didn't install correctly then there's no telling what got corrupted, so you have to take that factor out. Otherwise, there is no additional answer for you. You're also not saying where you installed the game (desktop, etc.) and if you copied and pasted the rosters versus wiping out old and unzipping new to proper location, you must do that.

Also, is your game from original CD's or a digital DL version?