Mvp13 Crashes Right Before A Exhibition Game Starts

So I may have gotten confused about the roster, it appears to be current and correct. I installed from the disks. I have apparently tried everything that I have seen or read about. Quite frustrated.

What is the "J" drive you're talking about? Another physical drive? A partition? A virtual drive?

All I can tell you for the optimal chance of success are these steps for Windows 7:

1. Install game from CD's / patch with OFFICIAL patch #3 (4 and 5 are useless)

2. Make a copy of this entire folder and place on your desktop. Keep your original install available for other installs if so desired.

3. Unzip the MVP13 7z file to your desktop (easy access) and click on the "explodeme" executable. Point it to the MVP folder you just copied to your desktop (don't type in the location, but use the screen to find this desktop MVP copy).

4. Attempt to play the game. If it still appears to be the 2005 version. Repeat step #3. Again, make sure you are pointing to the folder and not typing anything in as far as the folder's location (if that's even possible.... can't recall).

5. Once you verify that you can see the TC13 mod via how those rosters should appear, customized loading screens, etc., attempt to simulate a season using any team. Turn injuries and suspensions off to help avoid freezes. (Typically once you make it into May, it will simulate the rest of the way).

6. Once you verify that you can simulate a season, make a backup of the models.big file (which is where cyberfaces are housed). Install Homer's facepack by putting that zipped file AND TiT.exe at the MAIN FOLDER LEVEL. TiT will install it to the models.big file. (When using TiT, you should ALWAYS be working from the main folder level..... TiT will install to the proper location no matter where the file is located within the game typically).

7. Attempt to run the game again.

8. Once that is successful, go into the data/database subfolder (where the 19 .dat roster files are placed) and delete the 19 .dat files ONLY. Unzip the new rosters of choice to this location.

9. Attempt to run the game again.

10. Remember, when testing, choose an MLB stadium and the default home/away uniforms. If you suspect a stadium is causing a crash, copy over the original stadium from your original MVP2005 install.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ dstyle14

Well, if the faces didn't install correctly then there's no telling what got corrupted, so you have to take that factor out. Otherwise, there is no additional answer for you. You're also not saying where you installed the game (desktop, etc.) and if you copied and pasted the rosters versus wiping out old and unzipping new to proper location, you must do that.

Also, is your game from original CD's or a digital DL version?

The game is installed at c/programfiles(x86)/EASports/ and I have the CD. Thanks for the steps below Ill look into and post.

So I may have gotten confused about the roster, it appears to be current and correct. I installed from the disks. I have apparently tried everything that I have seen or read about. Quite frustrated.

What is the "J" drive you're talking about? Another physical drive? A partition? A virtual drive?

All I can tell you for the optimal chance of success are these steps for Windows 7:

1. Install game from CD's / patch with OFFICIAL patch #3 (4 and 5 are useless)

2. Make a copy of this entire folder and place on your desktop. Keep your original install available for other installs if so desired.

3. Unzip the MVP13 7z file to your desktop (easy access) and click on the "explodeme" executable. Point it to the MVP folder you just copied to your desktop (don't type in the location, but use the screen to find this desktop MVP copy).

4. Attempt to play the game. If it still appears to be the 2005 version. Repeat step #3. Again, make sure you are pointing to the folder and not typing anything in as far as the folder's location (if that's even possible.... can't recall).

5. Once you verify that you can see the TC13 mod via how those rosters should appear, customized loading screens, etc., attempt to simulate a season using any team. Turn injuries and suspensions off to help avoid freezes. (Typically once you make it into May, it will simulate the rest of the way).

6. Once you verify that you can simulate a season, make a backup of the models.big file (which is where cyberfaces are housed). Install Homer's facepack by putting that zipped file AND TiT.exe at the MAIN FOLDER LEVEL. TiT will install it to the models.big file. (When using TiT, you should ALWAYS be working from the main folder level..... TiT will install to the proper location no matter where the file is located within the game typically).

7. Attempt to run the game again.

8. Once that is successful, go into the data/database subfolder (where the 19 .dat roster files are placed) and delete the 19 .dat files ONLY. Unzip the new rosters of choice to this location.

9. Attempt to run the game again.

10. Remember, when testing, choose an MLB stadium and the default home/away uniforms. If you suspect a stadium is causing a crash, copy over the original stadium from your original MVP2005 install.

I have two physical HDD one is C drive (where windows is installed) the second is L drive. I have installed to both L drive IE not the drive windows is on, and I have tried installing it to the desktop.

I have followed the steps above word for word with no luck. I was able to sim a franchise past MAY as well.

EDIT: I did get Total Classics working with no problems. So its weird that this specific mod is giving me issues

Edited by Ender Wiggin007

I have two physical HDD one is C drive (where windows is installed) the second is L drive. I have installed to both L drive IE not the drive windows is on, and I have tried installing it to the desktop.

I have followed the steps above word for word with no luck. I was able to sim a franchise past MAY as well.

EDIT: I did get Total Classics working with no problems. So its weird that this specific mod is giving me issues

Same here. I install TIT and facepack in MVP copied folder on desktop and TIT goes through the process and looks good. But when I load an exhibition game it gives me mvp2005.exe has stopped working error in step 7.

Maybe the DL got corrupted. Maybe DL it with another browser. I believe it is 925 mbs.

(p.s. was it really necessary to quote that whole entire post? I never understand that).

I like to ensure nothing gets missed, so yes I quote the whole thing. Sorry if it bothers you.

My MVP 13 is 925 MB (970,283,277 bytes)

Edited by Ender Wiggin007

@Ender Wiggin007

Same here... I never have had a problem with total classics or vanilla mvp05, only MVP12 and MVP13... BUT... since I switched to my older WINXP computer, I've had no problems with them either.

So my beastly (kinda) Win 7 gaming machine suffers drastically with MVP12 & MVP13, my wimpy ancient ex-computer (whom we parted on not so good terms :-) can handle any mod I've thrown... and OH MY GOD... Ty's mods are so awesome... I love the schedule changer, box score extractor and SavReader... So awesome when creating a dynasty.

I like to record my games and so occasionally I still play a MVP13 game on my win 7 computer (Because I can't record worth crap on my WinXP Com) from time to time.

BUT I still have problems getting it to work here and there.

I find restarting my computer and turning off all Anti-Virus and Firewall programs helps me more than anything else. Strange, I know,

I like to ensure nothing gets missed, so yes I quote the whole thing. Sorry if it bothers you.

I am with daflyboys here. The reason why I don't like to see a detailed post quoted back at me after I read it once the first time is that there is a good chance something could be missed. You already went into detail what you were doing and to quote it again was almost like overkill. Again, it's not the worst thing that's ever happened in here so it's nothing to be defensive about with him.

i get a headache reading this thread. sheesh.

@Ender Wiggin007

Same here... I never have had a problem with total classics or vanilla mvp05, only MVP12 and MVP13... BUT... since I switched to my older WINXP computer, I've had no problems with them either.

So my beastly (kinda) Win 7 gaming machine suffers drastically with MVP12 & MVP13, my wimpy ancient ex-computer (whom we parted on not so good terms :-) can handle any mod I've thrown... and OH MY GOD... Ty's mods are so awesome... I love the schedule changer, box score extractor and SavReader... So awesome when creating a dynasty.

what are the specs on your new computer?

i get a headache reading this thread. sheesh.

what are the specs on your new computer?

Well, neither computer is new, per-say.

My Win7 - (Gaming/Studio)

i7-3770 3.4GHz

16 Gig RAM

Nvidia GTX 660 2gig 256bit

500 Gig SSD

2 Tera HD

My WinXP - (Dragged out of my Garage for MVP 05)

AMD 64 Processor 3000+ 2.0GHz

4 Gig RAM

Nvidia GeForce 7300 GT 512 MB 128-bit

250 Gig HD

500 Gig External USB Drive

So, yeah... works for me.

FYI... Great Cyberface Work!

Well they both do work...

Only the Win7 computer just won't work consistently with MVP 12 & 13.

I can play vanilla and all the fantastic Total Classics without an issue.

Never had a problem with them, but MVP 12 & 13 mods just work every 1 / 5 times... it is really strange...

Though, besides not recording myself, I run MVP 13 with all the updated mods just fin on my Win XP...

So no big loss for me...

But before I realized that I still had my old computer, trying to get just MVP 13 to run was bazaar.

Made no sense why others could run it on Win7 fine, but I couldn't. And that any other total conversion mod would work too just fine.

Just the MVP 12 & 13 mods. Very strange... But I got it all worked out with my old computer so I'm happy.

I got it working it was my Bit Defender antivirus internet security that I got a couple of weeks ago.

I even had Bit Defender on game mode and it would always kick me out before game loaded.

Prior to that I was using Avast with the MLB 13 Mod. I uninstalled and did everything with no anti-virus and had no problems.

I installed the game in a new folder called MVP. So its in C/Games/MVP

Hope this help.

I also got mine working. Had to disable the second monitor, compatibility mode XP and run as admin. Its working with new faces/roster from the L drive.

Now my only issue I have is that my right fielder has a black face and white arms.

Thanks to everyone who tried to help.

Sorry if I seemed pissy. Glad you got it worked out. It's funny how sometimes it seems to be the simplest fix with this game that we can overlook.

As far as cybers, you have players with ID assignments not matching with the number assigned to the face (most likely the face was discontinued for one player and given to another).

Use Homer's latest face pack DL and the latest BaseUp Rosters. We try to catch every official assigned number to match with the face, but if you think the numbers are matching but the player and face isn't, you should post it somewhere.

The other problem could be that a face was included in the face pack, or you DL'd a face, where the number assigned to the face file wasn't official. Some face makers just used their own. As a side note, if you want to make sure a recent face is correct, use Jed's or Rising Son's faces. They both definitely used official IDs. If you use someone else's, you can assign the correct number to the 3 mini-files that make up a (single) face install.

Install faces using TiT. Make sure TiT and the file you want are at the primary folder level of your MVP install folder.

damn. you got a 500gb ssd? good lord.

In my opinion, not worth the money it costed me.

My wife was pissed!

been married for 14 years and that purchase was a WTF are you doing speech!

But, oh well... For some reason I thought that a SSD was going to speed up everything to cheetah levels... doesn't work that way.

Don't get me wrong, I like ssd's but a simple 100 g or maybe 250 g would have been sufficient.

And for most of what I do, a ssd isn't that important. Live and learn.

you've gotta get a couple of them and raid them to really zip it up. but yeah sounds like your machine is a beast and probably too much for mvp. i've noticed a lot of users with these higher end machines having trouble with mvp. your best bet is to just surrender the machine to me.

HAHAHAH... OMG!!!

WTF...

Unbelievable!

Wow!

UGH!

So, yeah... I tested out MVP 13 on 4 straight games and simmed a season twice... On my Win7 Machine.

And NOTHING... No crash, no freezing. Just pure stable beauty...

Thank you Ender Wiggin007.

IT WAS MY FREAKING 2nd Monitor... which I never even thought about that being the problem.

And Since I use that monitor for my WinXP machine now, I didn't really try MVP 13 on my Win7 machine again since I switched back to one monitor, because it worked so beautifully on my WinXP... So imagine my surprise when I tried it again, and

So yeah... If you can't get MVP 13 to work and you have more than one monitor setup, that is most likely the culprit.

Unbelievable... Now, some mods still won't work well with Win7, period. A lot of Ty's mods, like the Savreader and 05edit and such just doens't function on my Win7 machine and they have always worked on my WinXP so... I'm still going to dedicate the WinXP machine to MVP13, because some of those mods are so awesome, once you pop you can't stop.

But now I can use my external drive to switch between computers so I can record certain games with my Win7 machine, which will be nice.

So unless something else happens or it becomes an "Awakened" scenario. MVP 13 works on my Win7 machine as of now. Yeah.

Very nice... so I'll cya all at the ballgame...

you've gotta get a couple of them and raid them to really zip it up. but yeah sounds like your machine is a beast and probably too much for mvp. i've noticed a lot of users with these higher end machines having trouble with mvp. your best bet is to just surrender the machine to me.

lol... clever.

I actually use that machine more for my studio, I've always been a lover of PC games and so I wanted a machine that could handle both.

Unfortunately, some older games just suffer with it. But, I love MVP so, my other machine works just fine. I miss not being able to use recording software with it, but that is alright. still fun.

So you are completely right about that.

Hmm... I have heard of some people find more success with multiple ssd's, I should have went that route instead of one massive drive.

lol... clever.

I actually use that machine more for my studio, I've always been a lover of PC games and so I wanted a machine that could handle both.

Unfortunately, some older games just suffer with it. But, I love MVP so, my other machine works just fine. I miss not being able to use recording software with it, but that is alright. still fun.

So you are completely right about that.

Hmm... I have heard of some people find more success with multiple ssd's, I should have went that route instead of one massive drive.

why stop there? just get another identical massive one and set it up on RAID. why can't it handle recording software?

Yeah, I always use the XP compatibility mode. So, you use multiple monitors and Win7... UGH.. I just don't understand.

It seems to run fine now, but the only difference is that I went to 1 monitor.

What a silly game this is.

by the way, which part of seattle are you in? i grew up in tacoma/gig harbor, and went to college at UW.

Wow, I work in Gig Harbor here and there.

I actually live in Port Orchard.

Yeah, good ol' Tacoma Aroma ;-)