Ebbets Field released

paulw

paulw,

So all of the stadiums are based on the same "physics" model?

You can replace any stadium with any other stadium and there will

be no "dimensional" effects (i.e. ghosting players, etc). Amazing.

So all of the stadiums are based on the same "physics" model?

You can replace any stadium with any other stadium and there will

be no "dimensional" effects (i.e. ghosting players, etc). Amazing.

The shibday.txt file was extracted from datafile.big and then is renamed to (in this case aaa1nite.txt) whatever stadium you'd like to use. You rename the stadium file accordingly. All of them have different lighting effects so each rendering is slightly different. Hope this makes sense.

I used eazip to add the aaa1nite.txt file to datafile.big, was that correct? Additionally whenever I run the new ebbets field the right outfield wall is transparent and the only thing visible is the specular effects on that wall. The red rails and all of the other signs that make it look like ebbets are missing. Could this be from the stadium referencing textures that are no longer present in my modded version of the game?

I used eazip to add the aaa1nite.txt file to datafile.big, was that correct? Additionally whenever I run the new ebbets field the right outfield wall is transparent and the only thing visible is the specular effects on that wall. The red rails and all of the other signs that make it look like ebbets are missing. Could this be from the stadium referencing textures that are no longer present in my modded version of the game?

I am not understanding... why did you zip the file into another file? That's not what the instructions in the readme tell you to do. It says to simply put the aaa1nite.txt file into the data folder. Not to put it into a FILE!

Question for PaulW... So are you saying that if I don't want to overwrite the aaa1nite stadium, but would rather ovewrwrite the aaa3nite stadium, I can simply change the name of the text file that I put in my data folder to aaa3nite.txt & rename the .big file to aaa3nite.big & all will be fine?

Question for PaulW... So are you saying that if I don't want to overwrite the aaa1nite stadium, but would rather ovewrwrite the aaa3nite stadium, I can simply change the name of the text file that I put in my data folder to aaa3nite.txt & rename the .big file to aaa3nite.big & all will be fine?

yes

I guess I misunderstood you then, I am not supposed to overwrite the aaa1nite entry in the datafile.big file, I can simply drop the file into the C:Program FilesEA SPORTSMVP Baseball 2005data directory? I did that originally but I was still getting the same texture problem with the ballpark.

I guess I misunderstood you then, I am not supposed to overwrite the aaa1nite entry in the datafile.big file, I can simply drop the file into the C:Program FilesEA SPORTSMVP Baseball 2005data directory? I did that originally but I was still getting the same texture problem with the ballpark.

You can re-name any stadium file to the name of another stadium. Example: Rename the new Ebbetts Field to aaa1nite.big, then drop it in the "data/stadium" folder. It will overwrite the existing aaa1nite.big file. Then, when you select "AAA stadium 1" from the in-game menu, it will load Ebbetts Field.

However, you must also place the individual stadium data file that matches Ebbetts Field into the "data" folder . It must be named aaa1nite.txt. This procedure will work for any stadium that you'd like to replace with another stadium.

I followed the directions in the readme exactly and everything works

great!!

*.big file to stadiums and *.txt file to data.

Looks great as well.

Thanks paulw!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, I chose not to replace shibe and renamed both files to aaa1nite.*!!

Since Ebbets Field has been released to us, I figured I may as well play a game in there against the Dodgers hated rival. Using teamfuzz's total classics, I played against the 1954 Champion New York Giants at the 1955 Champion Brooklyn Dodgers. The Dodgers had a lot of hits against Johnny Antonelli, but Antonelli shut them down when it counted the most. Gil Hodges hit two home runs to account for all the Dodger scoring. Final score, at paulw's Ebbets Field, Brooklyn 3, New York Giants 1.

At Bklyn 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 R H E

'54 NYG 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 4 0

'55 BKN 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 x 3 16 0

WP: Don Newcombe

LP: Johnny Antonelli

SV: Clem Labine

Player of the game, Gil Hodges

What are the chances of making the Schaefer sign active? I haven't played more than a game at Ebbets since it was released, but the 'h' in the sign would light up following a hit, and the 'e' following an error.

Also, what are the chances of Hyman raising the upper deck of Shibe Park by a good 15-20 feet to create a more accurate looking outfield area? It's actually not all that difficult, having done it on a couple of occasions. Time consuming, but definitely worth it. And dumping the post in right field would be nice as well, since that's so distinctively Shibe.

Great work, obviously.

What are the chances of making the Schaefer sign active? I haven't played more than a game at Ebbets since it was released, but the 'h' in the sign would light up following a hit, and the 'e' following an error.

Also, what are the chances of Hyman raising the upper deck of Shibe Park by a good 15-20 feet to create a more accurate looking outfield area? It's actually not all that difficult, having done it on a couple of occasions. Time consuming, but definitely worth it. And dumping the post in right field would be nice as well, since that's so distinctively Shibe.

All that stuff would be great but I have no idea how hyman would feel about it. I'm going to talk to him this weekend. What I'm really thinking of doing right now is stuff to a couple of the other old time parks. I'd like to turn Griffith from kind of a joke to the real looking thing. I'm pretty sure I can do the OEdit work on this one myself. Don't know exactly. It's a lot of work.

its not likely. about 99% not liekly its the problem ias anytrhing to do with he vid card.

i know your saying it works on your ystem, but are installing it and replaceing the same park on both computers exactly the samew way?

Archived