Ebbets Field released

paulw

FYI - I've uploaded Ebbets Field this morning. Hopefully it will be available for download shortly. Here's some pics of the final version:

ebbets2005.jpg

This is not the final version, I hope. Hyman seems very interested in doing some more stuff. What I'm hoping we can do is update the buildings on Bedford Ave. beyond the right field fence - i.e. replace the apartments with Young motors and the gas station. Probably some other tweeking also. I've got a few more ideas.

Thanks very much! There's some cool little details to notice. First, Hyman got the actual Runs, Hits and Errors on the scoreboard. Also notice the cracks in the cement at bottom of the right field wall. These were actually there in the stadiums older years. The graphics work is tons of fun for me.

I wonder if Fuzz's version was built from a different ballpark

model than Shibe??

That would be too bad as replacing Shibe is really not an option

for me. I play too many of my games in that park.

Don't forget Guys ! To have PaulW's modified version of Rollie's Ebbets Field work successfully in the AAA Stadium 1 ballpark you MUST also copy in the aaa1nite.txt file into the DATA data base as well as rename the .big file to aaa1nite.big and replacing that as well in the DATA/STADIUMS directory. It works fine for me. I did not replace Shibe Park with it but rather replaced the original version of Ebbets located in the AAA Stadium 1 slot.

this a grate mod. i just downloaded one for my game awhile, but half to get in when i get the chance later. the thing i wish we could have done was instead of losing one of the grate old parks to do it, was replace the P.R. park the expos played in for parts of 2-3 seasons. how they lebaled that a classic is beyond me, but is address in anther thread about ebbets field.

i dont mind overwriting shibe if itll give it the best look, mny point is that of the parks in classic, p.r. is not deserved of that honor. and if i could that wuold be the one park we could overwrite our mod parks to.

dont mind overwriting shibe if itll give it the best look, mny point is that of the parks in classic, p.r. is not deserved of that honor. and if i could that wuold be the one park we could overwrite our mod parks to.

mcoll86 - You can overwrite any stadium you want by renaming the files. I've personally overwritten Cinergy Day - I just renamed the stadium file (the shibday Ebbets) cineday.big and the text file for the data directory cineday.txt. We only used AAA 1 night because that's what Fuzz and Rollie used. Hope this helps!

Cinergy's got some cool light effects I like for Ebbets. The bottom line, you can overwrite p.r. if you'd like.

Archived