The Return of the Big Red.......

Lual

Roster News:

The Cincinnati Reds made some moves today to compensate for the loss of Aaron Harang from their pitching staff. Firstly Hancock has been made the 5th starter, with Claussen moved to number 4.

Mike Jackson has also been signed to move into the Bullpen, the 40 year old veteran has signed a 1 year deal with the Reds, for $1,000,000. The Reds management felt they couldnt rely on their Minor system at this early stage of the season.

Upcoming Series - 3 Games, Home vs Houston Astros

Game 1: Houston Astros @ Cincinnati Reds

Start Digging!

game9.jpg

Above: Dont Do It!!! The Reds activate the Bullpen.....

Coming off the series loss in St. Louis, the Reds needed to put on a big performance to win their first home game of the year. The game swung heavily in their favor, as Claussen pitched 5 solid innings, giving up just 2 runs, as the Reds streaked ahead 6-2.

Dunn and Lopez where the main men for the Reds, batting in 2 runs each as everything seemed to be going well. Unfortunately, Claussen appeared to tire, and the Reds went to the Bullpen...

8th inning, Wagner gives up a run. Then in the 9th, he gives up another with 1 out, time for Danny Graves to show his stuff again. 6-4 Reds, and everything went wrong. Graves leaves 2 balls high in the zone, and bang, 2 solo shots, game tied 6-6, we head into extra innings.

With Graves blowing the save, Mike Jackson came into pitch for the first time. He managed to catch the Reds Bullpen Disease, giving up the 2 winning runs on the back of 3 hits. Within 3 innings, the Reds had blown a 6-2 lead to lose 8-6.

Reds Talk:

Jackson: "Not the debut you would want, but im here to prove i can still pitch in the Bigs"

Miley: "The Bullpen has to take responsibility for this loss, we cant keep blowing games"

Reds Notables:

Hitting:

Jimenez - 2/5

Dunn - 2/5, 2RBI

Randa - 3/4, 1RBI

LaRue - 2/5, 1RBI

Lopez - 1/3, 2RBI

Pitching:

Claussen - 5.2I 5H 2R 2ER 2BB 2K 1HR 3.38ERA

Weathers - 1.1I 0H 0R 0ER 0BB 0K 0HR 6.23ERA

Wagner - 1.1I 2H 2R 2ER 0BB 0K 0HR 5.40ERA

Graves - 0.2I 2H 2R 2ER 0BB 0K 2HR 10.13ERA

Jackson - 1I 3H 2R 2ER 1BB 0K 0HR 18.00ERA

Box:

R   H   E

HOU   8  12   3

CIN   6  12   0

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Game 2: Houston Astros @ Cincinnati Reds

Lucky 13!

game10.jpg

Above: Hancock looked impressive early on, Right: Pena Pinch Hits a 2 run homer.

Game 2, and after the blues of last nights blown game, the Reds got crushed by the Astros offence, which racked up 16 hits and 13 runs.

Cinci had started promisingly, as Hancock in his 1st start pitched 2 clean innings. Then a crazy 3rd, saw him give up 3 homers and 7 runs as the Reds fell away. Valentine came in and gave up 5 more runs, as Houston put 12 on the board without reply.

Willy Mo Pena staked his claim for a starting role, as he pinch hit for Kearns in the 8th and promptly sent a 2 run jack deep to left, giving the Reds some consolation. Though the Astros did add another run un the 9th, leaving the final score 13-2 Astros.

Reds Talk:

Pena: "Lets hope i can now get a start for this team, Austins struggling right now."

Hancock: "Not where i want to be right now, 3 innings in my first start is a poor return on the trust put in me"

Reds Notables:

Hitting:

Pena - 1/1, 1HR, 2RBI

Pitching:

Hancock - 3I 7H 7R 7ER 1BB 2K 3HR 12.79ERA L(0-1)

Valentine - 4.2I 6H 5R 5ER 0BB 2K 2HR 9.00ERA

Mercker - 0.1 0H 0R 0ER 0BB 0K 0HR 0.00ERA

Stone - 1I 3H 1R 1ER 0BB 0K 0HR 9.00ERA

Box:

R   H   E

HOU  13  16   0

CIN   2   5   0

Game 3: Houston Astros @ Cincinnati Reds

At Last!

game11.jpg

Above: Milton pitches a complete game to earn his 2nd win, Right: Willy Mo hits his 2nd homer of the year.

Willy Mo Pena was given the start tonight ahead of the slumping Kearns, and he proved his value to this organisation by hitting a 2 run homer which put the Reds ahead in the 3rd inning.

The Reds then went on to add a further 3 runs in the 4th as they looked to avoid the series sweeo, and win their first game at the GABP this season.

Houston did pull 2 runs back in the 5th, sparking concerns in the crowd of another blown game by the Reds. But Eric Milton stood strong on the mound, as he completed the game giving up just 5 hits, taking him to 2-1 on the year.

Next up for the Reds is 2 games at home against the 9-3 Cubs.

Reds Talk:

Kearns: "Theres alot to be sorted between my and the club, i cant be sitting on the bench this year"

Milton: "Yeah, this is where i need to be right now. Lets hope i can put a streak together and get the Reds in contention"

Reds Notables:

Hitting:

Pena - 2/4, 1HR, 2RBI

Jimenez - 2/4, 1RBI

Lopez - 2/3

Griffey & Casey - 1RBI

Pitching:

Milton - 9I 5H 2R 2ER 0BB 5K 0HR 2.59ERA W(2-1)

Box:

R   H   E

HOU   2   5   2

CIN   5   9   0

Upcoming Series - 2 Games, Home vs Chicago Cubs

Game 1: Chicago Cubs @ Cincinnati Reds

Reds Sneak By Cubs!

game12.jpg

Above:Ya'll know that look, Griffeys just gone yard again! Right: The Reds are on a 2 game winning streak

The Reds have stretched their winning streak to 2 games, after this close battle against the NL Central Leading Cubs.

The lead swapped hands through the game, as the Reds went 1-0 on a LaRue single. The Cubs then took a 2-1 lead in the top of the 4th, on a Lee 2 run jack.

Then it was Griffey time. Junior is batting less than 200, but has now hit 3 jacks as he slammed a 2 run shot deep to center off Prior, as the Reds took a 3-2 lead in the 7th, which they wouldnt relinquish.

Graves came in to pitch a 1-2-3 9th inning, to clinch the game and his 2nd save of the season.

Reds Talk:

Griffey: "Im in good condition at the moment, but im not hitting as i should"

Wilson: "Solid game for me, im enjoying my time on the mound and dont fear anyone at the moment"

Reds Notables:

Hitting:

LaRue - 2/3, 1RBI

Griffey - 1/3, 1HR, 2RBI

Pitching:

Wilson - 7.2I 8H 2R 2ER 1BB 4K 0HR 3.48ERA W(1-0)

Weber - 0.1I 1H 0R 0ER 0BB 0K 0HR 13.50ERA

Graves - 1I 0H 0R 0ER 0BB 0K 0HR 7.36ERA (Save 2)

Box:

R   H   E

CHC   2   9   0

CIN   3   9   0

Game 2: Chicago Cubs @ Cincinnati Reds

It Dosent Get Any Better Than This!

game13.jpg

Above:Pena hits his 3rd homer of the year, as the Reds sweep the Cubs

Chicago came to Cincinnati expecting to take apart the Reds suspect pitching. Unfortunately for them, the reverse happened, as both Prior and Wood took losses from their starts against a rejuvenated Reds.

The Reds offence came alive with a bang tonight, as they put 14 hits and 8 runs on the board, making sure Wood had a bad night on the mound. Adam Dunn again proved to be an RBI machine, as he hit 2 jacks, driving in 4 runs in this rout.

Willy Mo added to his growing reputation, by slamming his 3rd homer of the year in the 7th, which put the Reds 7-1 up. Jimenez then sealed the game by blooping in the 8th Reds run of the day, as everything seemed to fall into place for the hosts.

Cincinnati are now on a 3 game winning streak, and will take this into a 2 game series at home against the struggling Pirates.

Reds Talk:

Dunn: "This is what we need in Cincinnati. Sweeping the Cubs over 2, puts us back in the good books"

Miley: "3 straight is something for us to build on. We can go into the Pirates series with alot more confidence"

Reds Notables:

Hitting:

Dunn - 3/4, 2HR, 4RBI

Pena - 2/4. 1HR, 2RBI

Casey - 3/4, 1RBI

Jimenez - 2/5, 1RBI

Randa - 2/4

Pitching:

Ortiz - 6I 8H 1R 1ER 0BB 4K 0HR 3.50ERA W(1-1)

Jackson - 2I 0H 0R 0ER 0BB 1K 0HR 6.00ERA

Mercker - 1I 0H 0R 0ER 0BB 0K 0HR 0.00ERA

Box:

R   H   E

CHC   1   8   0

CIN   8  14   0

Upcoming Series - 2 Games, Home vs Pittsburgh Pirates

Game 1: Pittsburgh Pirates @ Cincinnati Reds

Reds Make It 4!

game14.jpg

Above:Claussen gets the Pirates out swinging, Right: Graves closes the game out for his 3rd save of the year.

4 in a row. The Reds are on a roll, moving to 6-8 on the year after beating the Pirates in a close one at the GABP.

Cincinnati took a 2-0 lead in the 3rd inning, as both Griffey and Casey drove runs home in a tense matchup. Claussen pitched another solid 5 innings for the Reds, and only gave up 2 hits, as the Reds kept the Pirates offence at bay.

Into the 9th, and Graves had another to save or 'blow' a game. This time, although he gave up a run with 0 outs. Danny battled back to force a game ending double play, giving the Reds another win in this home stand.

Hancock is likely to start tomorrow for the Reds, and he will face the Pirates Ace, Oliver Perez.

Reds Talk:

Casey: "Scrapy game, but we are happy to take the win"

Graves: "Momentum is taking us through games at the moment, and im just riding that"

Reds Notables:

Hitting:

Pena - 2/3

Randa - 3/4

Griffey & Casey - 1RBI

Pitching:

Claussen - 5.2I 2H 0R 0ER 1BB 2K 0HR 2.20ERA W(2-0)

Weathers - 1.1I 0H 0R 0ER 0BB 1K 0HR 4.77ERA

Wagner - 1I 2H 0R 0ER 0BB 1K 0HR 4.15ERA

Graves - 1I 2H 1R 1ER 0BB 0K 0HR 7.71ERA (Save 3)

Box:

R   H   E

PIT   1   6   2

CIN   2   8   0

Game 2: Pittsburgh Pirates @ Cincinnati Reds

Pitchers Duel!

game15.jpg

Above: Hancock pitched a tough game, but came up just shy Right: Dunn looks to go yard, but his bat shatters, just like the Reds offence.

In a game that mustered just 5 hits between the 2 teams, you would of expected the Reds offence to come out on top. Crazily, it was a 2 run homer in the 1st inning by Wilson that gave the Pirates the only 2 runs of the game, as they leave Cincinnati with a 1-1 series tie.

The Reds had a soild day on the mound, giving up just those 2 hits in the 1st inning, before shutting down the Pirate offence for the rest of the game. Alas the Reds could only manage 3 hits themselves, as Oliver Perez pitched a complete game shut out, showing why he is one of the hottest properties in baseball today.

Cincinnati will now fly to Florida for 3 games against the Marlins, to start a 9 game road trip to end the month of April.

Reds Talk:

Hancock: "I know im throwing well, but theres just 1 or 2 pitches that just get away from me, and thats why im 0-2 this year"

Miley: "Josh gave us a solid 6 innings out there, but we failed to take our chances"

Reds Notables:

Hitting:

Pitching:

Hancock - 6I 2H 2R 2ER 0BB 2K 1HR 8.03ERA L(0-2)

Mercker - 2I 0H 0R 0ER 0BB 1K 0HR 0.00ERA

Valentine - 1I 0H 0R 0ER 0BB 0K 0HR 7.71ERA

Box:

R   H   E

PIT   2   2   0

CIN   0   3   1

Upcoming Series - 3 Games, @ Florida Marlins

Game 1: Cincinnati Reds @ Florida Marlins

Red Faced!

game16.jpg

Above: Lopez steals 3rd as the Reds lead early, Right: Jimenez drives in 2 runs on his single up the middle

Florida took game 1 of their series against the Reds, after coming back from 5-1, to win 7-5 thanks to the Reds relievers losing their cool on the mound (Again!).

Cincinnati appeared to have clinched a crucial road win, by scoring 5 quick runs in 4 innings, thanks in part to Jimenez who drove in 2 of a single up the middle.

Milton had pitched a solid game for the Reds, until he gave up 3 runs in the 6th, to leave the Reds looking over their shoulder at 5-4.

The Bullpen was activated for the 7th, and Weathers came in only to give up the tying, and then leading runs for the Marlins. Jackson then allowed another run in the 8th, as the Reds threw everything away, to lose 7-5 in a game that should of added to their win column.

Reds Talk:

Weathers: "No excuses from me, i know all too well that i blew that game for this team"

Miley: "We just seem to throw games away at will, something will have to change"

Reds Notables:

Hitting:

Lopez - 2/4, 1RBI

Jimenez - 1/4, 2RBI

Randa & Milton - 1RBI

Pitching:

Milton - 6I 9H 4R 4ER 1BB 2K 2HR 3.26ERA

Weathers - 1I 3H 2R 2ER 0BB 0K 0HR 6.76ERA L(0-1)

Jackson - 1I 4H 1R 1ER 0BB 1K 0HR 6.75ERA

Box:

R   H   E

CIN   5   7   0

FLA   7  16   1

Game 2: Cincinnati Reds @ Florida Marlins

Marlins Take 2!

game17.jpg

Above: The Reds put hits on the board, but cant manufacture the runs. Right: Pena is unhappy with the loss

The Marlins are now 2 games up in the series, and will hope to finish off a nice sweep of the Reds, after handing out a comfortable 5-1 beating of their guests.

Wilson pitched a rough 8 innings, giving up 11 hits, as the Marlins put 5 runs on the board, before the Reds could even get off the block. Randa did manage to drive in a run for the Reds, but there was not to be a late comeback in todays game.

Pena continued to enhance his reputation for the Reds, as he is now the starting RF, as Kearns batting .146 with just 2RBIs, has been placed on the bench.

The Reds will hope to avoid the series sweep in tomorrows game.

Reds Talk:

Pena: "I hope we can get my contract sorted soon, i feel good playing everyday in this team"

Randa: "We can turn this run around, we are a good team and have proven that already this season"

Reds Notables:

Hitting:

Pena - 2/4

Randa - 2/4, 1RBI, 1 Double

Pitching:

Wilson - 8I 11H 5R 5ER 0BB 2K 1HR 4.08ERA L(1-1)

Box:

R   H   E

CIN   1   8   0

FLA   5  11   0

Roster News:

With many Reds players becoming Free Agents in the summer, they made a couple of moves to try and tie players into longer term deals. Firstly the good news for the Reds, is that Willy Mo Pena will be a Red for 5 more years. He inked this long term contract, earning him $4,500,000 per year. Pena said "Im glad we got this deal through, it will help me concentrate more on playing baseball for the Reds, rather than worrying about my future"

The flipside of this deal, has seen Austin Kearns reject the Reds attempts to re-sign him. Kearns stated his desire to test Free Agency in the summer, as he dosent want to become a bench player for this team. In a move that has shocked many, the Reds have now placed Austin on the trade block, in the attempt to entice a deal to strengthen their pitching staff.

Game 3: Cincinnati Reds @ Florida Marlins

Thats All Folks!

game18.jpg

Above: Ortiz pitched 4Ks, and Right: The Reds scrambled for their early run in this tough loss

The Reds fell to their 4th straight loss after this 3 hit disaster against the Marlins. No one on the Reds team offered any viable offence today, as the Marlins comfortably took the game to complete the sweep over the NL Central strugglers.

Caseys RBI was little consolation for the Reds, who have now hit another slump after they appeared to had turn things around with the 4 game run.

Cabrera and Conine proved to be the key men for the Marlins today, both hitting 2 run homers. Backed up by Willis' solid 8 innings, Florida showed why they are a real threat in the National League.

Reds Talk:

O'Brien (GM): "Its good that Willy has signed on for a further 5 years. But i would like to stress to the fans, that we tried everything we could to keep Austin happy, he was adamant he wouldn't be a bit-part player for this club"

Kearns: "I feel im being forced out of this club, pretty speechless at this time"

Reds Notables:

Hitting:

Casey - 1RBI

Pitching:

Ortiz - 7I 5H 3R 3ER 0BB 4K 1HR 3.60ERA L(1-1)

Weber - 1I 2H 1R 1ER 0BB 0K 0HR 12.46ERA

Box:

R   H   E

CIN   1   3   0

FLA   4   7   0

Lual,u have the greatest dynasty ive seen on a board...i got a question tho

how do u put the pictures like that,what i mean is right next to each other and they arent huge like my pics.

Cheers mate :)

as for the pics, i use photoshop to re-size them etc

@Movietitan - my 1st post says what i use in main - though i do have hitters eye on atm

i cant seem to get many strikeouts with jistic's sliders lual, ive only been getting one or two at the most per game...and it's hurting kazmir!! (he leads the league in strikeouts)...how do you get strikeouts and what is your average?

Before i update, ill answer a few questions ;)

Firstly, thanks to all those who have checked in and commented, much appreciated :)

Fastflink - Trades - tbh i generally keep to picking players off the Trade Block, to stop me stacking up. I will most likely make some moves if necessary.

Movietitan - Strikes - not many tbh, but thats the pay off for making the game harder :(

Apr - Tables - i edit the savreader print out in frontpage - then screenshot it, and cut it out in photshop

krawhitham - Kearns - he has 1 year left on his deal, and is now pissed and wont re-sign :( - luckily i inked Mo' - Kearns is only hitting .146 anyway :(

Upcoming Series - 3 Games, @ Chicago Cubs

Game 1: Cincinnati Reds @ Chicago Cubs

Clauss' Act!

game20.jpg

Above: Griffey doubles in 2 runs as he goes 3/5 on the day, Right: Dunn's pumped after that performance

The Cubs got shut out on their home field, as the Reds came to Wrigley, and stamped their authority on the game. Chicago could barely manage a hit, as they where kept to just 4 on the game, as the Reds kept their first shutout of the season.

The game only had 1 scoring inning, as the Reds put all 5 of their runs on the board in a hectic 2nd inning. Even Pitcher Brandon Claussen drove in a run. Claussen also pitched a solid game, giving up just 2 hits in his 6 innings, he now moves to a 3-0 winning record for the year.

Cincinnati now hold a 3-0 record over the Cubs so far this season, and will hope to carry that through the rest of the series.

Reds Talk:

Claussen: "Not bad for a 4th starter, eh? Im feeling the ball well, and its easy to get into the groove"

Griffey: "We need more of this, the team was pumped in the locker room after this win"

Reds Notables:

Hitting:

Griffey - 3/5, 2RBI, 1 Double

Jimenez - 2/5, 1RBI, 1 Triple

Pena - 2/4, 1RBI

Claussen - 1RBI

Pitching:

Claussen - 6I 2H 0R 0ER 2BB 2K 0HR 1.61ERA W(3-0)

Mercker - 2.1I 2H 0R 0ER 0BB 0K 0HR 0.00ERA

Wagner - 0.2I 0H 0R 0ER 0BB 0K 0HR 3.60ERA

Box:

R   H   E

CIN   5  13   0

CHC   0   4   0

Archived