The Return of the Big Red.......

Lual

Game 2: Cincinnati Reds @ Chicago Cubs

Role Reversal!

game21.jpg

Above: Lopez goes down swinging in a bad day at the office, Right: The bench can only watch the Cubs rattle in 9 runs without reply

The teams swopped roles tonight, as it was the Cubs who put 13 hits on the board, as they kept the Reds to just 4 hits and 0 runs, just the fate they had suffered in yesterdays game.

Hancock again flopped on the mound, lasting just 5 innings, as he gave up 6 runs of 3 homers in a weak performance. The Cubs had free range of Wrigley, and put a further 3 runs on the board when Mike Jackson came in to pitch.

The 9-0 win breaks the Reds 3-0 record over the Cubs this year, and keeps Cincinnati on the back foot, as they will end April with a losing record, no matter what.

Reds Talk:

Hancock: "Not much i can say really, ive lost again, its upto the coaches to decide whether i will still be part of the Reds or not"

Freel: "It was nice to start, and to get a couple of hits. But its about the team, and today we lost"

Reds Notables:

Hitting:

Freel - 2/4, 1 Double

Pitching:

Hancock - 5I 9H 6R 6ER 0BB 0K 3HR 8.83ERA L(0-3)

Jackson - 2I 3H 3R 3ER 1BB 1K 1HR 9.00ERA

Valentine - 1I IH 0R 0ER 0BB 1K 0HR 6.75ERA

Box:

R   H   E

CIN   0   4   0

CHC   9  13   0

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Game 3: Cincinnati Reds @ Chicago Cubs

Griffey & Mo Show!

game22.jpg

Above: GRRRRR-IFEEY thats 505 for the career, Right: Eric has another good day on the mound

7 of the best for the Reds, as they beat the Cubs 7-1 in glorious sunshine at Wrigley Field. The Reds clinched a key 2-1 series win in Chicago, thanks to another showing of power hitting, as both Griffey and Pena slugged another homer.

In all honesty, the Reds took their chances, whilst the Cubs failed to convert men on base into runs. The Reds had a 2 run shot from Griffey in the 2nd, and a 3 run shot by Mo' in the 5th, to thank for their victory. The Reds went on to hold a 7-0 lead, before Lee blooped in a run as consolation for the Cubs in the 8th.

Milton again pitched a solid game for the Reds, going 8.1I. He was pulled from completing the game, as he felt tightness in his neck. Stone came into finish off the 9th, and make sure the Reds held on to this win.

The Reds now end May and their road trip with 3 games against another division rival, the Milwaukee Brewers.

Reds Talk:

Griffey: "Of course im happy to go yard again, but its good to hit .600 in 2 games this series"

Pena: "Its all about contributing, and im doing that"

Milton: "People doubted me as a bonified Ace, but i feel im showing what i can do out there, lets hope the fans keep backing us"

Reds Notables:

Hitting:

Griffey - 3/5, 1HR, 2RBI, 1 Double

Jimenez - 2/5, 1RBI

Pena - 1/4, 1HR, 3RBI

Lopez - 1RBI

Pitching:

Milton - 8.1I 9H 1R 1ER 0BB 2K 0HR 2.79ERA W(3-1)

Stone - 0.2I 1H 0R 0ER 0BB 0K 0HR 7.94ERA

Box:

R   H   E

CIN   7  14   0

CHC   1  10   1

Upcoming Series - 3 Games, @ Milwaukee Brewers

Game 1: Cincinnati Reds @ Milwaukee Brewers

Not Enough!

game23.jpg

Above: Wilson pitches a season high 8Ks, but its not enough for the win, Right: Casey's got that sinking feeling that comes with being a Red

A battle between to of the 'likely lads' in the NL Central, as the Reds lost 4-0 in Brewer country.

The key to todays game, was the lack of Reds offence. After putting on 2 hitfests against the Cubs, the Reds appeared to be playing from a different songsheet, as they where shutout for the 2nd time in 3 games.

The most disappointing aspect of this loss for the Reds, is that they actually had a solid pitching performance to build off. Wilson pitched 8 innings, striking out 8 but it still wasnt enough.

Cinci now have 2 games in this series to turn things around, April has been a bad month for the Reds, and the slump needs to stop soon.

Reds Talk:

Wilson: "Id rather strikeout none, than take 8 and lose like that"

Dunn: "Im in a slump, theres no denying it. I feel in good condition, but just cant get things going"

Reds Notables:

Hitting:

Randa & Wilson - 1 Double

Pitching:

Wilson - 8I 8H 4R 4ER 1BB 8K 2HR 4.17ERA L(1-2)

Box:

R   H   E

CIN   0   4   0

MIL   4   8   0

Trade News:

Cincinnati Reds have been involved in a deal today, that sees Catcher Javier Valentin leave the organisation. In a shock move, the Marlins put their backup Catcher Josh Willingham on the Trade Block, after he voiced concerns over his playing time.

The Reds seized the opportunity to bolster their roster with a younger player, by offering the Marlins, Valentin for Willingham. Florida promptly accepted, knowing they will have less payroll, and a player who is a Free Agent come the summer.

Cincinnati are delighted to have Josh onboard, as he will give soild cover and competition for the Catchers spot in the team.

Josh said "Its good to be here, although im likely to start as backup, its not going to be as clear cut, as it was in Florida. They are way to up Lo Duca a**, and theres no way i could of broke into the team down there"

Game 2: Cincinnati Reds @ Milwaukee Brewers

Brewers Beat Up On Reds!

game24.jpg

Above: Ortiz appears to be the target for the Brewers in more ways than one. He clings onto 1 line drive, before diving out of the way on another, in this big defeat

April finishes as it started for the Reds, with a loss. This time the Brewers spanked 7 runs in, as they clinched a 7-3 over the struggling Reds.

Infact the only note of interest for Reds fans would be the Griffey homer, which now takes him to 5 on the year, 506 all time. But this is a poor excuse for a smile, as 2 straight losses against the Brewers is about as low as it gets.

The game was close in the 5th, as the Brewers held a slender 3-2 lead, but as soon as Wagner came in to pitch the 7th, he gave up a Grand Slam to Carlos Lee, which put the Reds to bed in the match.

The series will be finished in May, then the Reds will look forward to 9 games at home, hoping to produce a more productive month than this.

Reds Talk:

Ortiz: "Those are the risks of being a pitcher, im lucky not to get hurt, but the loss makes up for that"

Randa: "I think the key word for us is manufacture. We just dont grind out enough runs, when we get men on base, and thats always going to cost you the games"

Reds Notables:

Hitting:

Griffey - 1/4, 1HR, 1RBI

Randa - 3/4, 1RBI

LaRue - 2/4, 1RBI, 1 Double

Casey - 2/4

Pitching:

Ortiz - 6I 7H 3R 3ER OBB 2K 2HR 3.77ERA L(1-3)

Wagner - 3I 4H 4R 4ER 1BB 0K 1HR 7.71ERA

Box:

R   H   E

CIN   3   9   1

MIL   7  11   0

April In Review:

MLB Standings:

standapril.jpg

Cincinnati Reds Stats:

statsapril.jpg

Reds Minor System:

AAA - Louisville Bats - IL West: 8-15 (9GB)

Notables:

SS - William Bergola: .327 8RBI 1HR

AA - Chatanooga Lookouts - SL East: 11-12 (3GB)

Notables:

1B - Joey Votto: .327 4RBI 1HR

SS - Ray Olmedo: .354 13RBI 1HR

A - Sarasota Reds - FSL West: 13-11 (3GB)

Notables:

SS - Matt Logan: .301 3RBI 1HR

C - Miguel Perez: .310 8RBI 2HR

2B - Bryan Anderson: .379 14RBI 2HR

SP - Homer Bailey: 3-0 1.53era 22K

SP - Tyler Peland: 3-1 1.47era 26K

Game 3: Cincinnati Reds @ Milwaukee Brewers

Wacko Jacko!

game25.jpg

Above: Griffey Jacks the Reds ahead, Right: Mo and Dunn look on, as Jackson blows the game for the Reds

The Brewers continued their good form in this series by sweeping the Reds, with a late comeback to snatch the win 3-2. The Reds had lead until the 8th inning, where Jackson managed to pitch away the win.

Griffey again provided the spark needed for the Reds offence, with his 6th homer of the year, but this wasnt enough insurance for the Reds to take the win.

Milwaukee sealed victory thanks again to Carlos Lee, who jammed a 2 run shot in the 8th.

9 home games await the Reds, as they face the Cardinals next in a 3 game series.

Reds Talk:

LaRue: "Its good for the team to have backups, but im not going to just move aside for Josh to take my spot in this team"

Jackson: "Ive been around long enough to know that i failed tonight. Its going to happen to everyone someday, it happened to me tonight"

Reds Notables:

Hitting:

Jimenez - 2/4

Griffey - 2/4, 1HR, 1RBI

Randa - 2/4

Lopez - 1RBI

Pitching:

Claussen - 6.1I 4H 1R 1ER 4BB 1K 1HR 1.57ERA

Jackson - 1.1I 3H 2R 2ER 0BB 1K 0HR 9.82ERA L(0-2)

Graves - 0.1I 1H 0R 0ER 0BB 1K 0HR 7.20ERA

Box:

R   H   E

CIN   2   8   0

MIL   3   8   0

Upcoming Series - 3 Games, Home vs St. Louis Cardinals

Game 1: St. Louis Cardinals @ Cincinnati Reds

Casey Leads Reds!

game26.jpg

Above: Sean Casey cranks a 3 run shot over the left field wall, Right: Wagners happy to see out the game

The Reds seem to have the 'beat the good teams, lose to the cr*p' syndrome. After being swept pretty comfortably by the Brewers, the Reds get their season back on track by beating up on the Cardinals at the GABP.

St. Louis could have been forgiven for expecting a simple series, but the Reds soon showed they meant business by bursting into a 2 run lead. Pujols drove a run in to bring the Cards within 1, but Casey finally got out of his slump to blast a 3 run shot in the 7th. This finally put the Reds over the top, as they held onto a 5-1 win.

Hancock was credited with his first win of the year as a Reds starter, he lasted 7 innings and just grinded through the side, rather than being spectacular. It was enough though for the Reds, as they will take this win with open arms.

Reds Talk:

Casey: "Ive been waiting to break out this season, lets hope this is a start of some good things from me"

Hancock: "Yeah its nice to see the 1 in the win column"

Reds Notables:

Hitting:

Casey - 2/4, 1HR, 3RBI

Pena - 2/4

LaRue - 2/4, 1RBI

Lopez - 1RBI

Pitching:

Hancock - 7I 5H 1R 1ER 0BB 0K 1HR 6.66ERA W(1-3)

Mercker - 1I 0H 0R 0ER 1BB 0K 0HR 0.00ERA

Wagner - 1I 0H 0R 0ER 1BB 1K 0HR 6.75ERA

Box:

R   H   E

STL   1   5   0

CIN   5  10   0

Game 2: St. Louis Cardinals @ Cincinnati Reds

2 Down 1 To Go....!

game27.jpg

Above: Number 8 for Junior, Right: Milton does just enough to earn the win

2 straight for the Reds, as the Cardinals late comeback wasnt enough to stop them falling to another loss in Cincinnati.

The game appeared to be in the books going into the 7th inning, as the Reds held a 5-1 lead. However, things got close as the Cardinals piled on 3 runs to force Milton off the mound, and to bring themselves within 1 run of the Reds.

This time the Pen actually worked well for the Reds, as they combined for 2.2 innings giving up just 1 hit, to make sure the Reds took game 2 of this divisional matchup. Danny Graves made sure of this 4th save of the year.

Tomorrows game will give the Reds a chance to sweep the Cardinals.

Reds Talk:

Miley: "Its good to watch baseball like this. We are playing as a team, and getting wins. Im sure the fans are glad we are beating up St. Louis in Cinci"

Griffey: "People keep going on about 600, im just here to put runs on the board for the Reds. Of course theres targets, but lets get these Reds competitive again first"

Reds Notables:

Hitting:

Dunn - 2/4, 1RBI

Griffey - 1/4, 1HR, 1RBI

Jimenez - 1/4, 1HR, 1RBI

Lopez & Randa - 1RBI

Pitching:

Milton - 6.1I 7H 4R 4ER 3BB 4K 1HR 3.70ERA W(4-1)

Valentine - 0.2I 0H 0R 0ER 0BB 0K 0HR 6.23ERA

Weber - 1I 1H 0R 0ER 0BB 0K 0HR 10.13ERA

Graves - 1I 0H 0R 0ER 0BB 0K 0HR 6.00ERA (Save 4)

Box:

R   H   E

STL   4   8   2

CIN   5   7   0

Game 3: St. Louis Cardinals @ Cincinnati Reds

Sweep Time!

game28.jpg

Above: Dunn climbs the wall to make a big play, Right: Celebrations after the impressive sweep of the Cardinals

Sweep it up, the Reds comeback from a 3 run defecit to beat the Cardinals with 5 runs in the last 2 innings, to clinch a 5-3 win over the National League Champions.

After Wainwright failed on the mound in yesterdays game, the Cards had Mulder out there to try and prevent the sweep. It appeared to of worked, as the Cards went 3-0 ahead.

This time however, the Cards Bullpen failed them, as the Reds put 2 runs on the board in the 7th, then took the lead in the 8th with a further 3 runs, as Tavarez would be credited with the loss. Everyone chipped in for this win in a Reds Uni', and they left the field to a standing ovation from the home crowd.

2 more home series to come, firstly the Dodgers, and then the Padres will make their presence felt in Cincinnati.

The bad news for the Reds after this game, is that RF Willy Mo Pena has been ruled out for 13 days with a Strained Ribcage. Austin Kearns will make the start in RF, hoping to get his Reds career back on track.

Reds Talk:

Kearns: "Ive got to play for me, its obvious this club is looking to move me, ill just make sure im worth what i get"

Pena: "Ill miss about 2 weeks of action, its bad timing for me and the team"

Reds Notables:

Hitting:

Casey - 2/4

Randa - 2/4

Lopez - 3/4, 1RBI

Kearns, Willingham, LaRue & Aurilia - 1RBI

Pitching:

Wilson - 7I 5H 3R 3ER 1BB 1K 1HR 4.12ERA

Weathers - 1I 0H 0R 0ER 0BB 0K 0HR 5.87ERA W(1-1)

Wagner - 1I 0H 0R 0ER 0BB 0K 0HR 6.00ERA (Save 1)

Box:

R   H   E

STL   3   5   0

CIN   5  12   0

I'd put Pena on the DL and call someone up from the minors like Pedro Swann or Kenny Kelly.

Yeah i most probably will, though im inclined to give Kearns a chance, as he went 1/2 with an RBI in that last game. But he does have low morale, and could have a detremental effect on the team. :?

Upcoming Series - 3 Games, Home vs Los Angeles Dodgers

Game 1: Los Angeles Dodgers @ Cincinnati Reds

Reds Punish Dodgers!

game29.jpg

Above: Jason LaRue has a big day, driving in 3 runs, as the Reds comeback from a 3-0 defecit

The 10-17 Dodgers came to Cincinnati hoping for a change in fortunes, but all they got was a Reds team full of determination to carry on in their winning ways.

LA had taken the lead early on, going 3-0 in the 3rd, but that was all she wrote for the Dodgers, as Dunn and LaRue drove in 3 runs a piece, as the Reds came back to eventually win 6-4, in a game which saw both teams put 11 hits on the board.

Cincinnati are now on a 4 game winning streak, tied for their best run of the season. They will hope to continue this run, with the 3-0 Claussen starting tomorrows game.

Reds Talk:

Kearns: "All i needed was a chance. Im proving what i can do for this team, unfortunately they want to drive me out"

Dunn: "Im feeling good, the swing is coming back to me, lets hope i can continue to have a big series against the Dodgers"

Reds Notables:

Hitting:

Griffey - 2/4

Kearns - 2/4

Dunn - 2/4, 3RBI, 1 Double

LaRue - 2/4, 3RBI, 1 Double

Pitching:

Ortiz - 6I 7H 3R 3ER 0BB 2K 0HR 3.89ERA

Jackson - 2I 4H 1R 1ER 0BB 1K 0HR 8.68ERA W(1-2)

Graves - 1I 0H 0R 0ER 0BB 0K 0HR 5.14ERA (Save 5)

Box:

R   H   E

LA	4  11   2

CIN   6  11   0

Game 2: Los Angeles Dodgers @ Cincinnati Reds

Clutch Win!

game30.jpg

Above: Graves and the Reds celebrate a clutch win, to improve their streak to 5 straight

A tight game in Cincinnati, was decided by a Dunn Sac Fly, as the Reds squeezed home 2-1 after trailing 1-0 early on a Kent homer.

After yesterdays hit fest, todays game become a pitchers duel, with Claussen coming out on top of Penny of the Dodgers. Casey tied the game for the Reds with his lined single to right, before Dunn drove in the winning run, with his deep sac fly to center in the 7th inning.

Los Angeles will rue an opportunity to tie it in the 9th, as they left men stranded at 2nd and 3rd, when they had 0 outs in the inning. Graves came into close things out, and forced the Dodgers to pop out.

Cincinnati will now look to sweep their second straight series in this homestand, as the are now on a 5-0 run in the month of May.

Reds Talk:

Claussen: "People get excited too early. Im doing well for this team, but to suggest im CY Young material, is a bit premature"

O'Brien (GM): "We are looking at making Brandon a offer to keep him here long term. There is a suggestion that he would lke to test Free Agency, but we hope to make sure he gets the financial package he deserves with the Reds. The pay off is, we are likely to have to shift salary elsewhere."

Reds Notables:

Hitting:

Casey - 2/3, 1RBI

Dunn - 1RBI

Pitching:

Claussen - 7I 5H 1R 1ER 0BB 0K 0HR 1.51ERA W(4-0)

Mercker - 1.1I 2H 0R 0ER 0BB 0K 0HR 0.00ERA

Graves - 0.2I 0H 0R 0ER 0BB 0K 0HR 4.70ERA (Save 6)

Box:

R   H   E

LA	1   7   0

CIN   2   5   0

Game 3: Los Angeles Dodgers @ Cincinnati Reds

Streak Ends In Hit Fest!

game31.jpg

Above: The Dodgers played hard to avoid the sweep, Right: The Reds will hope they can get back on track asap

35 Hits, 15 Runs and the series with the Dodgers comes to a losing but exciting end for the Reds.

At one point it seemed that the Reds would cruise to the sweep, as they led 4-1 going into the 5th. The Dodgers had other ideas, they racked up 8 runs in 2 innings, blasting through the Reds pitching in a disastorous turn of fortunes.

The Reds did put 2 more runs on the board, to pull things closer, but with Gagne closing things out in the 9th, the Dodgers left Cincinnati with a 9-6 win.

San Diego will visit the Reds next up, as the hosts will hope to improve their 5-2 monthly record, as they close in on the leaders in the NL Central.

Reds Talk:

Miley: "Just a crazy game, which could of gone either way. We failed to consolidate when we had a 4-1 lead, 21 hits is just a give away"

O'Brien (GM): "Daves a good pro, but its time he moved on. The coaching staff told me hes not cutting it here, and we cant afford to keep his salary on the books if hes not performing"

Weathers: "Its the clubs call, but i dont blame them"

Reds Notables:

Hitting:

Jimenez - 2/4

Griffey - 4/5

Casey - 2/5, 1RBI

Dunn - 2/5

LaRue - 2/5, 1RBI, 1 Double

Hancock - 1/2, 2RBI

Lopez - 1RBI

Pitching:

Hancock - 5I 10H 4R 3ER 1BB 1K 1HR 6.44ERA

Weathers - 1I 7H 5R 5ER 0BB 1K 0HR 10.39ERA L(1-2)

Stone - 1.2I 3H 0R 0ER 0BB 1O 0HR 6.14ERA

Wagner - 1.1I 1H 0R 0ER 0BB 0K 0HR 5.13ERA.

Box:

R   H   E

LA	9  21   3

CIN   6  14   1

Upcoming Series - 3 Games, Home vs San Diego Padres

Game 1: San Diego Padres @ Cincinnati Reds

Padres Unload!

game32.jpg

Above: Jason LaRue picks up an injury as he attempts to break up a double play, Right: Randa fails in the attempt to squeeze home

San Diego unloaded on Cincinnati in todays game, as they put 4 homers on the board in a impressive 5-3 victory against the Reds.

The Padres started as they meant to go on, as Nevin cranked a 2 run shot in the 1st inning to left. They then added further solo shots in the 2nd and 3rd inning, as Eric Milton was left wondering where his stuff had gone, as the Padres raced into a 4-0 lead.

Randa did bring the Reds back into the game, with a 2RBI Triple. But a further solo shot by Giles in the 7th, left the Reds with a mountain to climb. Kearns enhanced his call to stay with the Reds by driving in another run, but it wasnt enough, as Hoffman picked up the save in a 5-3 Padres win.

Even more bad news for the Reds, as Catcher Jason LaRue has been ruled out for around 10 days, with an inflamed right elbow. LaRue sufferred the injury in trying to break up a double play. Josh Willingham has been assigned to start as Catcher, until LaRue returns.

Reds Talk:

Milton: "You dont win if you give up 3 home runs, i did just that and the team paid the price"

LaRue: "Its a bad time to pickup an injury. Im hoping it'll clear up quickly as ive been on a streak of late"

Reds Notables:

Hitting:

Dunn - 2/4

Randa - 2/4, 2RBI, 1 Triple

LaRue - 2/4

Kearns - 1RBI

Pitching:

Milton - 6I 7H 4R 4ER 0BB 0K 3HR 3.53ERA L(4-2)

Valentine - 2I 5H 1R 1ER 0BB 0K 1HR 5.91ERA

Jackson - 1I 0H 0R 0ER 0BB 0K 0HR 7.84ERA

Box:

R   H   E

SD	5  12   1

CIN   3  12   0

Maybe a little reverse psychology will straighten Milton out.

Hey Eric...you are the worst [naughty word] pitcher I have ever seen in my life. My grandma can pitch better than you, you sorry [naughty words].

:lol: :lol:

Game 2: San Diego Padres @ Cincinnati Reds

Hit Me Baby 15 Times!

game33.jpg

Above: Jimenez gets hit hard by a fastball, Right: Dunn watches his 2 run jack fly into the crowd

A 30 hit game for the large crowd at the GABP today, as both sides put 15 a piece on the board, in game 2 of the series.

Unfortunately for the fans, the Padres took their 2nd straight game against the Reds, as they ride a Klesko Grand Slam in the 12th inning to victory.

Wagner was the unfortunate pitcher, who loaded the bases before leaving a fastball over the plate for Klesko to nail into the crowd. The Reds had always been chasing the Padres in this game, matching them run for run, as the game was always destined for a dramatic finish.

Griffey put his 8th and Dunn his 7th homers on the board, but neither could push the Reds over the edge to take the win. Cincinnati will now go into game 3 hoping to avoid a sweep, and slumping to their 4th straight loss.

Reds Talk:

Wagner: "My turn to get beaten around tonight, everyone is looking at our Bullpen and pointing out the flaws. And they are right to do so..."

Dunn: "When you put 15 hits on the board, you expect to win the game"

Reds Notables:

Hitting:

Griffey - 3/6, 1HR, 1RBI, 1 Double

Kearns - 2/6, 1 Double

Dunn - 4/5, 1HR, 2RBI

Randa - 2/6

Willingham - 1/4, 2RBI

Pitching:

Wilson - 5I 7H 2R 2ER 0BB 1K 1HR 4.07ERA

Weathers - 2I 2H 1R 1ER 0BB 1K 1HR 9.28ERA

Mercker - 3I 2H 0R 0ER 0BB 0K 0HR 0.00ERA

Wagner - 1I 4H 5R 4ER 1BB 0K 1HR 7.94ERA L(0-1)

Graves - 1I 0H 0R 0ER 0BB 1K 0HR 4.15ERA

Box:

R   H   E

SD	8  15   0

CIN   5  15   1

Game 3: San Diego Padres @ Cincinnati Reds

Reds Out Hit!

game34.jpg

Above: Ortiz & Griffey (Right) drive in the runs for the Reds, but they throw away a 8-5 lead, to lose 10-8

6 home runs tonight for the Padres, as their offence again unloads all over the Reds pitching in this 18 run game.

Cincinnati looked all set to nick the game, with a 4 run 5th to go 4-3 up, then a 4 run 6th to go 8-5 ahead. Crazily, Mercker pitching for the 2nd day in a row, gave up his first runs of the year, a 3 run shot by Khalil Greene, which tied the game.

Then Wagner, also pitching for his 2nd game straight, gave up the winning runs on 2 solo shots (Nevin and Giles) as he took the loss for the 2nd game in a row, as the Reds fold under the Padres power.

Griffey and Dunn where the main providers for the Reds, putting 3RBIs on the board each, but the Reds will look again to their shaky pitching situation for the reason why they have now lost 4 straight, and have been swept by the Padres to end this homestand.

The Reds will be in Philadelphia for 4 games, in the hope they can return to winning ways.

Reds Talk:

Mercker: "Very tired today, but the coaches need a guy to go to, and ive been the man of late. Im pretty down about giving up that 3 run shot though"

Miley: "San Diego have destroyed us, but we kept every game close. Those 3 loses show just how close things are. If we had picked up the wins, we would be near .500, rather than sitting at the bottom of the Central"

Reds Notables:

Hitting:

Kearns - 2/4, 1RBI

Griffey - 1/4, 3RBI, 1 Double

Dunn - 1/4, 3RBI

Ortiz - 1/2, 1RBI

Pitching:

Ortiz - 6I 9H 5R 5ER 0BB 1K 3HR 4.40ERA

Mercker - 1I 3H 3R 3ER 0BB 0K 1HR 1.84ERA

Wagner - 2I 3H 2R 2ER 0BB 3K 2HR 8.10ERA L(0-2)

Box:

R   H   E

SD   10  15   1

CIN   8   8   0

Archived