The Return of the Big Red.......

Lual

Lual you get swept by the Mets. lol. and pedro got a win. man nothing goes right in your dynasty. looking foward too reading this dynasty and also inspiring to do my own mets one.

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Upcoming Series - 3 Games, @ Houston Astros

Game 1: Cincinnati Reds @ Houston Astros

No Love For This Valentine!

game4.jpg

Above: The Reds bats come alive, but Valentine gives up the walk off run, in the 10th inning.

Whats going on with the Reds? They have now lost 4 games straight, after blowing yet another lead late in the game. This time, the Reds held a 5-3 lead from the 2nd inning until the 8th. Some poor relief pitching left the Reds clinging on into extra innings, where Valentine finally gave up the winning run to Houston.

The major talking point aside from the game, was Aaron Harangs career threatening injury. Harang seperated his shoulder when pitching, and was removed after just 4 innings. It has been confirmed that Aaron will now miss at least 60 days as he hopes to rehab and comeback stronger for the Reds.

The game opened with both teams notching 3 runs in the 1st inning. The Reds appeared to have snatched the win, with their 2 run stint in the 2nd. Alas the Houston late show finally killed the Reds off.

Reds Talk:

Harang: "Hurts real bad at the moment, but im going to work hard and get back into this Reds team"

Randa: "Its tough keeping the chemistry together, when there are a bunch of younger guys in the locker room. Everyone wants to play for a winner, and the Reds arent fulfilling that at this point"

Reds Notables:

Hitting:

Jimenez - 2/5

Kearns - 2/4

Griffey 2RBI, Dunn / Kearns / Randa 1RBI

Pitching:

Harang - 4.1I 4H 3R 3ER 1BB 1K 1HR 6.23ERA

Hancock - 3.1I 4H 2R 2ER 0BB 2K 0HR 5.40ERA

Valentine - 1.1I 3H 1R 1ER 0BB 1K 0HR 6.75ERA L(0-1)

Box:

R   H   E

CIN   5   9   0

HOU   6  11   0

Game 2: Cincinnati Reds @ Houston Astros

The Boy 'Dunn' Good!

game5.jpg

Above: Dunn watches his Grand Slam fly out into the stands, whilst Casey celebrates in the dugout.

Adam Dunn put the Reds into the winning column for the first time this year, as he hit a Grand Slam and then another 2 run jack, as he single handedly put all of the Reds runs on the board.

Things looked ominous for the Reds, as Houston shot out to a 2 run lead in the 1st inning. That was until, the Reds loaded the bases with 1 out in the 6th, allowing Dunn to step up to the plate and jack home his Grand Slam. He then added a 2 run shot in the 8th, as the Reds appeared to be cruising to victory.

Its never that easy though with Cincinnati, as Dave Weathers stayed in 1 inning too long, and gave up 3 runs putting the Reds under pressure going into the final inning, with just a 6-5 lead.

Out came the 'Heart Attack' Danny Graves to close things up, and this time he did this with ease, allowing no hits.

The Reds can now breath a bit easier at 1-4, and will hope to win the series in Houston tomorrow.

Reds Talk:

Dunn: "Frustration brings out the best in me, those shots where built up from my poor form this year"

Graves: "Its easy to blame me, but theres very few of you praising me for getting the Reds through that tough situation"

Reds Notables:

Hitting:

Dunn - 2/4, 2HR, 6RBI

Lopez - 2/4, 1 Double

Casey - 2/4

Pitching:

Claussen - 5I 3H 2R 2ER 0BB 1K 1HR 3.60ERA W(1-0)

Weathers - 3I 5H 3R 3ER 0BB 2K 1HR 9.00ERA

Graves - 1I 0H 0R 0ER 0BB 1K 0HR 4.50ERA (Save 1)

Box:

R   H   E

CIN   6  11   0

HOU   5   8   0

Game 3: Cincinnati Reds @ Houston Astros

502...503.....!

game6.jpg

Above: Everyone loves watching Griffey hit homers. He is now 2 more closer to the magic 600 mark.

Following in Dunns footsteps, Griffey came up big for the Reds, as he hit number 502 and 503 home runs of his career, racking up 4RBIs in the Reds 6-2 beating of the Astros.

Cincinnati went roaring ahead 6-0 within 2 innings, as Griffey spiced up the offence with his 2 shots. The Astros just couldnt get back into things, as Milton controlled the mound all the way until the 9th inning.

Unfortunately Eric couldnt complete the game, as he started to lose control, giving up 2 runs, leaving Mercker to come out and finish up the match.

The Reds can take alot of plus points from this series, picking up 2 wins, and seeing their bats come to life.

Reds Talk:

Griffey Jr: "Its been rough, but im hoping to put the numbers on the board this year, as the Reds have shown alot of faith in me"

Milton: "I feel better after coming through 8 strong innings. Its always nice to get a win under your belt"

Reds Notables:

Hitting:

Griffey - 2/5, 2HR, 4RBI

Jimenez - 2/4

Dunn - 2/5

LaRue - 2/4

Lopez - 2/4

Pitching:

Milton - 8.1I 7H 2R 2ER 1BB 3K 0HR 2.94ERA W(1-1)

Mercker - 0.2I 1H 0R 0ER 1BB 1K 1HR 0.00

Box:

R   H   E

CIN   6  13   0

HOU   2   8   2

your getting through games quickly, how long are you playing for each night?

in my dynasty a game lasts 30 minutes plus, so after i play back to back games i get a little bored/tired so when you play, do you play for at least 2 games? 3 games? a ngiht or do you just go with the flow till you cant be bothered any more.

its because of my lack of comitment/attention span i can't play for more than 3 games back to back in a day. This is why i get bored of my dynasties and never finish them.

I'm curious to know how many games a day you usually play and how often you play back to back.

keep up the good work :D

your getting through games quickly, how long are you playing for each night?

in my dynasty a game lasts 30 minutes plus, so after i play back to back games i get a little bored/tired so when you play, do you play for at least 2 games? 3 games? a ngiht or do you just go with the flow till you cant be bothered any more.

its because of my lack of comitment/attention span i can't play for more than 3 games back to back in a day. This is why i get bored of my dynasties and never finish them.

I'm curious to know how many games a day you usually play and how often you play back to back.

keep up the good work :D

depends tbh - i generally finish a series in a session (30-40mins per game) then i will update the thread etc :) cheers mate

Upcoming Series - 2 Games, @ St. Louis Cardinals

Game 1: Cincinnati Reds @ St. Louis Cardinals

Choker!

game7.jpg

Above: Dunns 2 run jack, pulls the Reds back to 4-4 after they trailed 0-4 early in the game.

Its never easy playing in St. Louis, but the Reds seemed to have put one over the reigning National League Champions, as they came back from 4-0 down, to tie it 4-4 in the 8th, on the back of a 2 run homer from Adam Dunn.

The Cards broke the stalemate with a 4 run 6th, as Pujols bat came alive, as he drove in 3 on a triple. It appeared as if the Reds had been beaten, thats was until a huge 8th inning for the visitors. Pinch Hitter Pena started things off by driving in the 1st run, shortly added to by Lopez. It was setup for Dunn to hit homer 3 of the year, which he did to tie it.

Remarkabley the Reds managed to then shoot themselves in the foot, as Weber gave up 4 runs in the bottom of the 8th, as the Cardinals clinched the series opening win 8-4.

Reds Talk:

Dunn: "Things are coming together nicely for me, i just hope the team can pull things around"

Miley: "2-5 is a rough start, we need to pick up wins more regularly. Losing is a bad habit"

Weber: "When you lose the game for your team after they came back from 0-4, you do feel pretty low"

Reds Notables:

Hitting:

LaRue - 2/4

Dunn - 1/4, 1HR, 2RBI

Lopez & Pena, 1RBI

Pitching:

Wilson - 6I 10H 4R 4ER 0BB 2K 0HR 4.15ERA

Weber - 2I 5H 4R 4ER 0BB 0K 1HR 15.00ERA L(0-2)

Box:

R   H   E

CIN   4   9   0

STL   8  15   0

Game 2: Cincinnati Reds @ St. Louis Cardinals

Blanked!

game8.jpg

Above: The Reds could barely muster a hit, as Morris kept them at bay.

Game 2 in St. Louis and the Reds failed to get on the scoreboard, as they where held to just 4 hits, in a 7-0 beating. Everything seemed to go for the Cards in todays game, as Morris racked up 10Ks in a dominant showing.

Ortiz had a unique game for the Reds, as although he gave up 13 hits and 7 runs, he also put 2 hits on the board for the Reds, as he went 2/2 accumalating half the hits for the guests.

Cincinnati looked a pale shadow of the team that had shown alot of power in their last few games. They will hope to improve and be able to pick up their first win at GABP when they face the Astros in a 3 game series.

Reds Talk:

Ortiz: "Its nice to get hits, but my job is to pitch well and today things just didnt click for me"

Reds Notables:

Hitting:

Ortiz - 2/2

Pitching:

Ortiz - 5I 13H 7R 6ER 2BB 6K 2HR 4.50ERA L(0-1)

Stone - 3I 2H 0R 0ER 0BB 2K 0HR 9.00ERA

Box:

R   H   E

CIN   0   4   1

STL   7  15   0

A while back but i play my games when I watch the Mets game. And same I cant really play more than 2 games back to back because it gets a little boring for me.

Lual keep up the good dynasty.

lual can you help me out?

ive been trying to download certain datafiles and ive decided to use jim's, and it says to rename the file after i extract it and then drop it in the data folder. but when i played the game, nothing had changed, the walk fix wasn't working (the pitching was the same) and the foul ball replays still appeared. i tried them in exhibition mode. do i need to do something else? i mean i renamed the file "datafile.txt" and then put it in the mvpbaseball2005/data folder

lual can you help me out?

ive been trying to download certain datafiles and ive decided to use jim's, and it says to rename the file after i extract it and then drop it in the data folder. but when i played the game, nothing had changed, the walk fix wasn't working (the pitching was the same) and the foul ball replays still appeared. i tried them in exhibition mode. do i need to do something else? i mean i renamed the file "datafile.txt" and then put it in the mvpbaseball2005/data folder

And the random comment of the day award goes to....

Archived