The Return of the Big Red.......

Lual

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how did you get willingham?

Florida stuck him on the block as he was unhappy. So i traded Valentin for him. i did offer them some minor league pitchers, but they would only take this deal - i suppose they save 200k in salary, plus can cut Valentin at the end of the season.

tbh though, with LaRue being hot (before his injury) i think Willingham will soon start to moan about his lack of playing time for the Reds too :(

Upcoming Series - 4 Games, @ Philadelphia Phillies

Game 1: Cincinnati Reds @ Philadelphia Phillies

Chalk Up Number 5!

game35.jpg

Above: 8 Homers on the year for Dunn, yet he cant prevent the Reds slump, Right: Griffey robs a homer, but it proves to be in vain

The Reds seem to be giving up hits left right and center at the moment, as the Phillies put 17 on the board, as they walked off with a 6-2 win in the first game of 4 agains the Reds.

Unexpectedly it was Claussen who collapsed early in the game, as he lasted just 4 innings, giving up 8 hits and 3 runs. It was an unusual sight for the Reds to see Claussen struggle, as the young starter has been a clutch pitcher for the Reds in the 4 slot.

Its 5 straight losses now for the Reds, after they had put a 4 game winning streak on the board. Its time for the Reds to act and improve their pitching situation, or find themselves out of contention, and looking to shift salary come the All-Star break.

Reds Talk:

O'Brien (GM): "We are aware that Cleveland have dumped Kaz Tadano on the Trade Block. We are assessing our options at this stage, obviously our lack of pitching is something that needs resolving"

Claussen: "It was bound to come, but i didnt expect to get a beating around in 4 innings. My reaction to this will prove its not a fluke season for me"

Reds Notables:

Hitting:

Randa - 2/4

Griffey - 1/4, 1HR, 1RBI

Dunn - 1/4, 1HR, 1RBI

Pitching:

Claussen - 4I 8H 3R 3ER 1BB 0K 1HR 1.82ERA L(0-1)

Jackson - 2I 6H 2R 2ER 0BB 2K 0HR 8.03ERA

Stone - 2I 3H 1R 1ER 0BB 0K 0HR 5.79ERA

Box:

R   H   E

CIN   2  10   2

PHI   6  17   0

Game 2: Cincinnati Reds @ Philadelphia Phillies

Ball Looks Like Rockys Face!

game36.jpg

Above: Snap It, Dunn goes yard again in Philadelphia Right: The most famous name in baseball today...looks good in Red too

A 34 hit game, and the ball ends up looking like Stallone in Rocky, beaten, bruised, but still something the fans love to see.

Hancock allowed 10 hits in a crazy 2nd inning, which eventually cost the Reds the game, as they couldnt manage to comeback from a 8-0 defecit. Griffey, Dunn and Casey all blasted homers in the attempt to bring the Reds back into the game. But the Phillies always had the lead, and stayed in control, to eventually win 11-7.

Where next for the Reds? Well it has to be a shift in pitching personnel. Theres not alot going for the Reds, bar maybe 1 or 2 decent starters. Other than that, the Bullpen is arugably the worst in baseball and it has shown in its performance.

6 straight losses has to be a signal for some action within the Reds Front Office. The next few weeks will prove to the fans which direction this club wants to go.....

Reds Talk:

Griffey: "I love playing in Cincinnati, but it would be nice to end my career with a Ring"

Miley: "2 innings from your starter is a no-no. We gave Hancock a chance, maybe its time to look at some of the options available to us"

Reds Notables:

Hitting:

Jimenez - 2/5, 2RBI, 1 Double

Griffey - 1/5, 1HR, 1RBI

Dunn - 3/5, 1HR, 1RBI

Randa - 2/4, 1 Double

Casey - 1/4, 1HR, 3RBI

Pitching:

Hancock - 2I 10H 8R 8ER 0BB 1K 4HR 8.33ERA L(1-4)

Weathers - 2I 3H 1R 0ER 0BB 2K 0HR 7.82ERA

Mercker - 2I 4H 2R 2ER 0BB 1K OHR 2.70ERA

Weber - 2I 2H 0R 0ER 0BB 3K 0HR 7.36ERA

Box:

R   H   E

CIN   7  15   1

PHI  11  19   0

Game 3: Cincinnati Reds @ Philadelphia Phillies

Reds Fight Back!

game38.jpg

Above: Tough defense by Lopez, compliments Milton (Right) pitching 6Ks in 7 strong innings

The Reds snapped their 6 game losing streak, by coming up big in defense against the Phillies, to restrict the hitting machine to just 6 hits and 2 runs.

Cincinnati rode the back of Miltons dominant performance on the mound, to put runs on the board taking a 5-0 lead in the 2nd. The Phillies couldnt get things going, and failed to make any impact on the Reds, as Milton racked up 6 Ks giving up just 1 run in 7 innings.

Game 4 will now give the Reds a chance to split the series in Philadelphia, and put things back on track.

There is a strong rumour, that after the series, that the Reds will be making a few roster moves, to shake up the pitching staff.

Reds Talk:

Milton: "The coach asked me to give the team a strong game, i just made sure i was ready to go out there and put my stuff on show"

Dunn: "Its good to actually hit a homer and win a game. Its a good boost to pick up this win"

Reds Notables:

Hitting:

Griffey - 2/5, 1RBI

Casey - 2/5, 1RBI

Willingham - 2/4

Lopez - 2/4, 1HR, 1RBI

Dunn - 1/4, 1HR, 1RBI

Milton & Jimenez - 1RBI

Pitching:

Milton - 7I 4H 1R 1ER 1BB 6K 1HR 3.26ERA W(5-2)

Wagner - 2I 2H 1R 1ER 0BB 2K 1HR 7.63ERA

Box:

R   H   E

CIN   6  13   0

PHI   2   6   1

Game 4: Cincinnati Reds @ Philadelphia Phillies

Reds Fight Back!

game37.jpg

Above: The Reds squeeze runs in, Right: Something to cheer...2 straight in Philly for the Reds

Another tight game, as the Reds tie the series on the back of a 4-2 win, thanks to some tough all round play.

The Reds put 11 hits on the board, and where grateful to a huge double from Jimenez in the 6th, which gave the Reds a 2-1 lead, which they wouldnt surrender. Kearns and Dunn then added 2 insurance runs for the Reds, which clinched the victory to end the 4 night stay in Philadelphia.

Danny Graves came in to pick up his 7th save of the year, although he did give the team a few jitters, by giving up a solo shot to Abreu, pulling the Phillies to within 2.

Overall the Reds will come away happy that they could snap their losing streak, and split a series against a tough Phillies team in their own yard.

Reds Talk:

Wilson: "Ive got to step things up, no team can have a number 2 starter, failing to win games"

Miley: "We have a bunch of moves to announce later tonight, maybe its a good time to shake things up"

Reds Notables:

Hitting:

Jimenez - 3/5, 1RBI, 1 Double

Casey - 2/3, 1RBI

Dunn - 2/3, 1RBI

Kearns - 1RBI

Pitching:

Wilson - 6I 7H 1R 1ER 0BB 5K 0HR 3.79ERA W(2-2)

Valentine - 1.2I 2H 0R 0ER 0BB 1K 0HR 5.11ERA

Graves - 1.1I 1H 1R 1ER 0BB 1K 1HR 4.50ERA (Save 7)

Box:

R   H   E

CIN   4  11   0

PHI   2  10   0

Cincinnati Reds - Roster Moves:

After the tough series in Philadelphia, the Reds GM Dan O'Brien announced a few changes to the Reds lineup, in a press call with Coach Miley.

Called Up from AAA Louisvile:

3B - Edwin Encarnacion - .306Avg / 8RBI / 1HR

SP - Jeriome Robertson - 2-3 / 2.17ERA / 21K

Sent Down to AAA Louisvile:

SP - Josh Hancock

Sent Down to AA Chatanooga:

RP - Ben Weber

Trade News:

The Cincinnati Reds make a move to pick up a new pitcher to join their Bullpen. Juan Dominguez of the Texas Rangers organisation (currently based in AAA Oklahoma) was put on the trade block as he was unhappy with his situation as a Rangers player.

With Juan only having 1 year left on his $400,000 deal, the Reds made the move to send RP Joe Valentine to Texas for his services. Juan will go into the 5th starters role, until Aaron Harang returns from the DL. He may be rotated with the recently called up Robertson for spot start duties.

Reds New Rotation:

1 - Eric Milton

2 - Paul Wilson

3 - Ramon Ortiz

4 - Brandon Claussen

5 - Juan Dominguez / Jeriome Robertson

The Reds have also confirmed that Josh Hancock and Ben Weber will be placed on the trading block, and will not have their contracts renewed with the organisation.

pm me mate with what you need to know about what i do in photoshop

as for my record....15-22 8GB lol

still this year is for assesment / rebuilding - i hope to push for the playoffs in year 2 :)

Are planning to play all of your games? And this is a great dynasty by the way. I was a reader of your NY Mets dynasty.

Cheers mate

yeah all MLB games - hopefully for at least 2 seasons, if not more lol

@ Brooklyn and Vinny - cheers lads, lets hope Robertson can come through for me :)

Upcoming Series - 3 Games, @ New York Mets

Game 1: Cincinnati Reds @ New York Mets

Reds Manage To Lose!

game39.jpg

Above: Robertson gives up the Walk Off Homer to Piazza, Right: Blown it, the Reds feel the despair

Game 1 of 3 in New York, and the Mets comeback big, to win in 12 innings, as the Reds collapse in dramatic fashion.

Adam Dunn had sent the Reds 4-2 up, after they trailed 2-1 in the 1st inning. Dunn cracked a 3 run homer deep to center off Zambrano. The Reds should of sealed the game, but failed to do so in a crazy 9th inning.

With Mercker at the mound, the Reds quickly found themselves 1 out away from beating the Mets. Then a chopper down to 3rd, forced Encarnacion to make a quick throw. He over-cooked the ball, and Casey couldnt hold onto hit, allowing Reyes to get on base.

Graves came in, but a Steal, a hit, and a Sac hit up the middle, and the Mets somehow managed to manufacture 2 runs out of the inning.

The game moved into extra innings, and the Mets rode the momentum. Into the 12th, Piazza stepped up to face Robertson, and bang...SOLO, the Mets win 5-4 on a walkoff homer in an emotional roller-coaster of a game.

Heartbreak for the Reds, who will now wonder where they will get some luck from in their pitching.

Reds Talk:

Dunn: "Not many teams can out hit their opponents by 100%, but still lose. Something needs to change, and its not just luck"

Robertson: "I didnt expect to get the call, but its good to be part of the Big Club. Its tough pitching straight out, but the Coach needed me, unfortunately the Mets momentum carried them to the win"

Reds Notables:

Hitting:

Jimenez - 2/6

Freel - 2/6

Aurilia - 3/6

Dunn - 4/6, 1HR, 3RBI

Willingham - 2/5

Lopez - 1RBI

Pitching:

Ortiz - 7I 4H 2R 2ER 2BB 2K 2HR 4.14ERA

Mercker - 1.2I 1H 2R 0ER 0BB 0K 2.46ERA

Graves - 0.1I 1H 0R 0ER 0BB 0K 4.36ERA

Robertson - 2.1I 1H 1R 1ER 1BB 1K 3.86ERA L(0-1)

Box:

R   H   E

CIN   4  16   3

NYM   5   8   2

Game 2: Cincinnati Reds @ New York Mets

Cruising In New York!

game40.jpg

Above: Griffey hits another home run, thats 11 on the year, Right: More Griffey, as the Reds have nothing else to show

Tonight the Reds failed to generate any offence, as they collapsed to a 7-1 loss in New York against Pedro and the dominant Mets.

Griffeys 11th homer of the year, only served as a side order, as the Mets put 3 and 4 runs respectively on the board, either side of Griffeys shot.

Claussen struggled on the mound, allowing 10 hits and 6 runs, through 6.2 innings. Jackson also gave up a run in his 1.1 inning pitched, as he is looking all washed up in a Reds Uni.

The Reds will look forward to the return of LaRue for tomorrows game, add to that, Harang has 12 days left on the DL, and will be a welcome return to the rotation.

Reds Talk:

Griffey: "If i can put up 40-50 homers on the year, i can start to pay the Reds back for all the faith put in me"

Miley: "We're re-jigging, moving things around and making some deals. Expect the Reds to look a little different come the Cleveland series"

Reds Notables:

Hitting:

Griffey - 1/4, 1HR 1RBI

Willingham - 2/3

Pitching:

Claussen - 6.2I 10H 6R 6ER 1BB 4K 2HR 2.72ERA L(4-2)

Jackson - 1.1I 2H 1R 1ER 1BB 0K 0HR 7.90ERA

Box:

R   H   E

CIN   1   5   0

NYM   7  12   0

Game 3: Cincinnati Reds @ New York Mets

Mer'c'ky Waters!

game41.jpg

Above: Jimenez' double, sets up for Griffey (Right) to hit a 2 run dinger to right

The Mets complete their 2nd sweep of the Reds this year, as Cincinnati decided to throw away their 2nd game of the series.

Griffey put his 12 homer on the board, as the Reds went into a 2-0 lead in the 3rd inning. Unbelievabley, that was the last hit for the Reds in the game, as Trachsel and the Mets Pen shut the Reds down.

It still appeared to be enough for the Reds, until a tying run in the 7th, then a Beltran homer in the 8th put the Mets into a game winning 3-2 lead.

Dominguez looked decent in his first start for the Reds, but anything the Reds did well, will be over-shadowed by the fact, that they blew what should of been a win in game 3 against New York.

Reds Talk:

Dominguez: "I enjoyed the start, but i need to find alot more, to earn a regular place in this rotation"

O'Brien (GM): "We have a few moves to announce for the Cleveland series, once we arrive back in Cincinnati"

Reds Notables:

Hitting:

Griffey - 1/4, 1HR, 2RBI

Pitching:

Dominguez - 5I 4H 1R 1ER 2BB 1K 0HR 1.89ERA

Mercker - 3I 5H 2R 2ER 0BB 1K 1HR 2.95ERA L(0-1)

Box:

R   H   E

CIN   2   4   0

NYM   3   9   1

Cincinnati Reds - Roster Moves:

After the collapse in New York, the Reds announced some moves within the Organisation, as Miley hopes this shake up, will change the fortune of the Reds.

Trade News:

The Reds make a move via the Trade Block, as they pick up Yhancy Brazoban from the LA Dodgers. The Reds sent SP Josh Hancock, and RP R.Keisler to LA for Brazoban, who will slip straight into the Reds Organisation in the Bullpen as Middle Relief.

Free Agent Signing:

With a spot open in Louisville, the Reds went to the Free Agent Pool to pick up Young Starting Pitcher Jered Weaver. Weaver is considered one of Americas brightest talents, and has signed a 3 year deal with the Reds, earning him $2,000,000 per annum. Weaver has been optioned to AAA Louisville, where he will slot into the starting rotation.

Sent Down:

With Brazoban coming into the Reds Bullpen, they have sent RP Ricky Stone down to Louisville Bats. Stone has struggled to dominate at any time he has pitched for the Reds, and is likely to be leaving the Organisation when his deal expires in the summer.

Reds Batting Lineup Changed:

1 - Lopez

2 - Jimenez

3 - Griffey Jr.

4 - Pena

5 - Dunn

6 - Casey

7 - Randa

8 - LaRue

9 - Starting Pitcher

Upcoming Series - 3 Games, Home vs Cleveland Indians

Game 1: Cleveland Indians @ Cincinnati Reds

Reds Rule Ohio!

game44.jpg

Above: Milton puts 5Ks on the board, Right: Casey pulls of a Web Gem, diving to end an inning, and prevent the tying run

The first Inter-League series of the year, as the Reds hosted the .500 Indians in a tough test.

Cincinnati came out on top in the first 'Battle of Ohio', as they rode a 3 run 4th inning, all the way to victory, even over-coming the minor blip, that was a 2 run 6th for the Indians.

Pitching proved key for the Reds today, as their bats didnt seem to come alive. Thankfully Milton threw 6 solid innings, and then the Bullpen put 3 innings together, without giving up a run. Danny Graves eventually getting the save.

The Reds need a big series to win their fans back, as the GABP could soon be a desperate place to watch baseball.

Reds Talk:

Graves: "Its good to get a Save, this team dosent usually put me in winning positions"

Milton: "I just got to keep winning, and hope some of my team mates can back me up"

Reds Notables:

Hitting:

Pena - 2/3

Dunn, Casey & LaRue - 1RBI

Pitching:

Milton - 6I 8H 2R 2ER 2R 0BB 5K 1HR 3.23ERA W(6-2)

Weathers - 1.2I 1H 0R 0ER 0BB 0K 0HR 6.91ERA

Robertson - 0.1I 0H 0R 0ER 0BB 0K 0HR 3.38ERA

Graves - 1I 2H 0R 0ER 0BB 0K 0HR 3.97ERA (Save 8 )

Box:

R   H   E

CLE   2  11   1

CIN   3   7   0

Game 2: Cleveland Indians @ Cincinnati Reds

Reviving The Indians!

game43.jpg

Above: Jimenez takes a ball to the chest, and flips as he gets ejected for rushing the pitcher, Right: Griffey sees his career go down the pan with the Reds

Yesterdays win seems a distant memory for the Reds, as the Indians made sure they took game 2, with a solid 6-2 win on the back of 13 hits.

In all honesty, the Reds just didnt make a game of it. There was no real sign that the Reds could comeback from the Indians taking a 4-1 lead early in the game. Wilson wilted on the mound, giving up 11 hits and 4 runs in his 8 innings.

Even more concerning for the Reds, is the sudden loss of form for Mercker. Who has seen his ERA jump to 3.63 in the last few games. Giving up 2 runs in the 9th, didnt help his cause here either.

Rubber match tomorrow, and the bragging rights in Ohio are up for grabs...

Reds Talk:

Miley: "Its becoming a rough month for us, we are rebuilding, but we still need to compete daily"

Wilson: "With the Front Office making moves, dumping salary, its time for guys like me to step up, and prove ourselves worthy at the Reds"

Reds Notables:

Hitting:

Lopez - 2/4

Casey - 2/4

Freel & Griffey - 1RBI

Pitching:

Wilson - 8I 11H 4R 4ER 0BB 0K 2HR 3.88ERA L(2-3)

Mercker - 1I 2H 2R 2ER 0BB 0K 0HR 3.63ERA

Box:

R   H   E

CLE   6  13   0

CIN   2   8   0

Game 3: Cleveland Indians @ Cincinnati Reds

Indians Control Ohio....For Now!

game42.jpg

Above: Brazoban struggles in his first showing for the Reds, Right: Casey cant believe his eyes as the Reds collapse

Cleveland take game 3, and put back to back wins on the board in Cincinnati, as the Reds continue to slump at the foot of the NL Central.

Again, the Reds will have to lay the blame at the hand of the pitcher. This time Ortiz, gave up 5 runs and 9 hits in his 7 innings. And although the Reds dribbled runs home, they never could catch the Indians, as they would score of the lacklustre Reds pitching.

The Reds fans got to see Brazoban in action, but he instantly gave up 4 hits and a run, as it was just not to be for the hosts in this series.

Next up for the Reds, is 3 games at home versus Washington, followed by 4 more to complete the home stand against Pittsburgh.

Reds Talk:

Randa: "We got to get tight in the locker room again. Chemistry is slipping, theres alot of uncertainty surronding the players. We just dont know if we will be here, 1 day to the next. All we've heard is the Front Office want to dump salary"

Ortiz: "Of course 2 hits isnt consolation. Im a pitcher, my aim is to stop the other team scoring runs"

Reds Notables:

Hitting:

Casey - 2/4

Ortiz - 2/3

Randa - 1/4, 1RBI

Jimenez & Error - 1RBI

Pitching:

Ortiz - 7I 9H 5R 4ER 0BB 1K 0HR 4.26ERA L(1-4)

Brazoban - 1I 4H 1R 1ER 0BB 1K OHR 1.24ERA

Wagner - 1I 0H 0R 0ER 0BB 1K 0HR 7.16ERA

Box:

R   H   E

CLE   6  13   2

CIN   4   9   2

Upcoming Series - 3 Games, Home vs Washington Nationals

Game 1: Washington Nationals @ Cincinnati Reds

Nationals Fall!

game46.jpg

Above: Lopez drives in both Cincinnatis runs, Right: LaRue makes the play at home to preserve the Reds lead

Cincinnati take a close one at home to the Nationals, as they sneak a 2-1 win, thanks to Lopez, who drove both runs in the 4th inning.

The Nationals had lead in the 2nd inning, but couldnt put any insurance runs on the board, leaving the door open for the Reds to take the game.

Robertson and Graves combinded for 4 innings, giving up just 4 hits, as Graves picked up his 9th save of the year. Overall the Reds can take alot of heart from a solid defensive display, and its key to grind out results like this, when you are losing games regulary.

Reds Talk:

Lopez: "Close call in that game, im just glad we could start with a win"

Claussen: "I got to keep pitching well. Id like to go more than 5 innings, but if Coach thinks its best for me to come out, then ill do whats good for the team"

Reds Notables:

Hitting:

Casey - 2/3

Lopez - 1/4, 2RBI

Pitching:

Claussen - 5I 5H 1R 1ER 1BB 3K 0HR 2.63ERA W(5-2)

Robertson - 3I 2H 0R 0ER 0BB 1K 0HR 1.59ERA

Graves - 1I 1H 0R 0ER 0BB 0K 0HR 3.65ERA (Save 9)

Box:

R   H   E

WAS   1   8   1

CIN   2   6   1

Game 2: Washington Nationals @ Cincinnati Reds

Nationals Rise!

game45.jpg

Above: Dominguez avoids getting hit, then (Right) gets clattered on the ankle, as his day ends after 6 innings

Washington came prepared for game 2, holding the Reds to just 3 hits all game, as they evened the series at 1.

Pena had put the Reds 1-0 up in the 1st. But that was it for the Reds, as Hernandez pretty much controlled the game for the Nationals. Washington clocked up 12 hits, to drive in 4 runs, in their 4-1 win.

The only real positive for the Reds, was the solid performance put in by Dominguez on the mound. Although he chalked up the loss, he looked effective, striking out 3 and leaving the mound with the score still close at 2-1.

Unfortunately, today it was the hitters that let the Reds down, a total of 3 hits, sums up how anaemic the Reds lineup is starting to look. There appears to be a slump 1 through to 9, which is a major concern for a team that has relied on getting runs, to counter in-effective pitching.

The Rubber match gets underway tomorrow, and the Reds could really do with a morale boosting series win, to take forward into the Pittsburgh matchup.

Reds Talk:

Miley: "Consistency is what we lack, if we can put a streak together, who knows where we might end up"

Griffey: "I have to come out of this slump. Myself and Dunn have both hit a slump, and its coincided with the team struggling to get runs on the board"

Reds Notables:

Hitting:

Pena - 1/3, 1RBI, 1 Double

Pitching:

Dominguez - 6I 7H 2R 2ER 0BB 3K 1HR 2.46ERA L(0-1)

Brazoban - 2I 5H 2R 2ER 0BB 1K 1HR 1.74ERA

Weathers - 1I 0H 0R 0ER 0BB 0K 0HR 6.46ERA

Box:

R   H   E

WAS   4  12   2

CIN   1   3   1

Archived