The Return of the Big Red.......

Lual

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amazing as usual, I just got all caught up after my hiatus, great job.

I'll be sending you some pm's sometime this week.

I love the way you run the diary! Here are my random suggestions...

"Fire" Miley, I know your not on owner mode, but Fire him anyhow.

Move Dominguez back to the roto, and dump Ortiz.

Also right before you move Graves, have him "flip" off the fans.

Nice pitching performance by Harang there, despite only 1 K.

cheers mate - i just cant get Ks :(

@probaseball - thanks mate, tbh i do want some new pitching, but i generally just make moves via the Trade Block, rather than just bust for any player i can

Amazing as usual, I just got all caught up after my hiatus, great job.

I'll be sending you some pm's sometime this week.

I love the way you run the diary! Here are my random suggestions...

"Fire" Miley, I know your not on owner mode, but Fire him anyhow.

Move Dominguez back to the roto, and dump Ortiz.

Also right before you move Graves, have him "flip" off the fans.

cheers mate - always good to get compliments :)

i like your ideas - im trying to incorporate bits and pieces outside the game, so you never know what may happen.....

and ill look out for your PMs - and help anyway i can

cheers mate

Game 4: Atlanta Braves @ Cincinnati Reds

3 Straight Downs Braves!

game70.jpg

Above: Mondesi is tagged out at home, Right: Robertson can celebrate his first win as a Red

Atlanta will leave Cincinnati with their tails between their legs, after losing 3 straight, to slump to a 3-1 series defeat against the struggling Reds.

After some close matchups, todays game ended up with the Reds blowing out the Braves 9-2, as the offence's came out on top in this encounter.

The Reds could thank another Homer from Pena with put the Reds 4-2 up in the 4th. 5 more runs followed in the 7th and 9th innings, as the Reds smelt victory.

A concern for the Reds is that Claussen barely managed 4 innings before being pulled. Robertson came in to claim his 1st win as a Red, pitching 4.2 shut out innings.

The Cardinals are next up in Cincinnati, as June is drawing to a close.

Reds Talk:

Robertson: "Im here to pitch and to do well. Everyone knows the Reds have issues in their rotation, so its my job to earn a starting spot "

Willingham: "Its good to get starts, i came here to build a MLB career, if i wanted to sit on the bench, i would of stayed with Florida"

Reds Notables:

Hitting:

Freel - 2/5, 1 Double

Lopez - 3/4

Pena - 2/4, 1HR, 2RBI

Dunn - 2/4, 1RBI, 1 Double

Willingham - 2/4, 1RBI, 1 Double

Randa - 2RBI

Claussen - 1RBI

Pitching:

Claussen - 4.1I 7H 2R 2ER 1BB 2K 0HR 3.04ERA

Robertson - 4.2I 7H 0R 0ER 1BB 2K 0HR 2.82ERA W(1-2)

Box:

R   H   E

ATL   2  14   0

CIN   9  15   0

Upcoming Series - 3 Games, Home vs St. Louis Cardinals

Game 1: St. Louis Cardinals @ Cincinnati Reds

Classy Cards!

game71.jpg

Above: Dominguez tries to remain upbeat, but he gives up 4 runs to earn his 3rd loss, Right: Randa railroads Molina to claim the Reds only run

After a 3 game winning streak, the Reds came back down to earth, as the Cardinals put 5 homers and 7 runs on the board in a convincing 7-1 romp over the Reds.

St. Louis took total control of this game from the off, and never let the Reds get close, keeping them to just 5 hits all game. Walker, Molina, Eckstein, Rolen and Grudzilanek all went yard for the Cards, as they punished every mistake pitch made.

Juan Dominguez may have pitched his last start for a while in a Reds Uni', as Robertson is being prepared to move into that role, with Juan going into Long Relief in the Bullpen.

Reds Talk:

Miley: "Yes there has been meetings, and im happy that the Reds still want me. Its a building process to become a winning ball club"

O'Brien (GM): "Its fast becoming decision time, we do have a plan in place, but we are unsure as to whether to start the plan now or in the off-season"

Reds Notables:

Hitting:

Randa - 2/3, 1 Double

Aurilia - 1RBI

Pitching:

Dominguez - 6.2I 8H 4R 4ER 0BB 2K 3HR 4.33ERA L(0-3)

Mercker - 1.1I 5H 2R 2ER 0BB 0K 1HR 5.29ERA

Brazoban - 1I 1H 1R 1ER 0BB 1K 1HR 2.95ERA

Box:

R   H   E

STL   7  14   0

CIN   1   5   0

Game 2: St. Louis Cardinals (41-28 ) @ Cincinnati Reds (27-43)

Pair Of Aces!

game72.jpg

Above: Jimenez starts to turn 2, Right: Pena hits another jack in a breakout year for the Reds Outfielder

St. Louis take game 2 against the Reds, thanks to a solid showing from Mark Mulder, who went 6 innings, giving up just 1 run, as he moved to 5-3 on the year.

Milton on the other hand, failed to exert himself on the mound, giving up 6 runs in his 5 innings, as the Cardinals raced away to lead 6-1 going into the 7th inning.

Pena, Randa and LaRue then all started a mini revival for the Reds, as they all hit solo shots in the 7th, as the Reds came back to trail 6-4. Alas Wagner collapsed inthe 9th, giving up a further 2 runs, as the Cardinals eventually wrapped things up with a 8-5 win, in an exciting game at GABP.

Cincinnati will now hope to avoid the sweep, before they finish off their Inter League matchups, with the 2nd Battle of Ohio, with a trip to Tribe Town to face the Indians.

Reds Talk:

Milton: "Its been a struggle of late, the Reds need an Ace, but im failing"

Pena: "Im feeling good, the swing is there, and im just hitting the ball sweetly. Id be disappointed not to get to 30 homers this year"

Reds Notables:

Hitting:

Pena - 3/3, 1HR, 1RBI

Randa - 1/3, 1HR, 1RBI

LaRue - 1/4, 1HR, 1RBI

Pitching:

Milton - 5I 8H 6R 6ER 2B 4K 1HR 3.73ERA L(8-6)

Brazoban - 2I 2H 0R 0ER 0BB 0K 0HR 2.81ERA

Mercker - 1I 0H 0R 0ER 0BB 2K 0HR 5.13ERA

Wagner - 1I 3H 2R 2ER 0BB 0K 0HR 6.67ERA

Box:

R   H   E

STL   8  13   1

CIN   5  11   0

Roster News:

The Reds made another move within their Pitching Unit, as Steve Kelly was called up from AAA Louisville to learn his trade within

the Reds Bullpen.

Making way for Kelly, is a dejected Ortiz. Ramon has been a disastor for the Reds, and is unlikely to play for the Big Club again, as his

deal runs out in the summer.

Steve Kelly (AAA) - 7-4(W/L) 2.62ERA 47Ks

Ramon Ortiz (MLB) - 1-6(W/L) 5.11ERA 29Ks

Game 3: St. Louis Cardinals (42-28 ) @ Cincinnati Reds (27-44)

Reds Blow Big Lead!

game73.jpg

Above: Willy goes deep yet again, Right: Wilson takes a ball to the thigh, as the Cards play roughball

St. Louis wrapped up the series sweep, with a controversial comeback to beat the Reds 10-9 after 10 innings of play.

The Reds should have had things settled as they broke out to lead 7-1 after 2 innings. Pena went yard again, and put 3 runs on the board in the Reds early game blitz as things looked rosey for the hosts.

Then the Cards played dirty. Suppan beaned Wilson, leaving the Reds pitcher in agony, this seemed to ruffle the Reds feathers, as the game swung right back into the Cards favor.

Wilson pitched until the 5th inning, where he left the game with a 7-5 lead. Kelly then lost control in his first outing as a Red, giving up 4 runs to let the Cards take a 9-8 lead in the 6th.

Aurilia tied it with a pinch hit single to drive in a run, but with the game heading into the 10th inning, the Reds hopes where dashed, as Pujols went deep to give the Cards a undeserved 10-9 win.

Reds Talk:

Wilson: "Blatant, thats all i will say on the matter. Jeff knew what he was doing, if thats how the Cards want to play it, then so be it"

Miley: "****ey fuming. Why do we even have umpires, if they let teams get away with that cr*p"

Reds Notables:

Hitting:

Freel - 3/6, 2RBI, 1 Triple

Griffey - 2/5, 1RBI

Pena - 2/5, 1HR, 3RBI, 1 Double

Dunn - 2/5

Casey - 2/5, 1RBI

Randa 2/4, 1RBI, 1 Double

Aurilia - 1/1, 1RBI

Pitching:

Wilson - 5I 10H 5R 5ER 1BB 1K 1HR 3.77ERA

Kelly - 1I 6H 4R 3ER 0BB 1K 0HR 27.00ERA

Brazoban - 1I 0H 0R 0ER 0BB 1K 0HR 2.74ERA

Wagner - 2I 0H 0R 0ER 2BB 5K 0HR 6.21ERA

Mercker - 1I 1H 1R 1ER 0BB 0K 1HR 5.24ERA L(1-3)

Box:

R   H   E

STL  10  17   1

CIN   9  16   2

Upcoming Series - 3 Games @ Cleveland Indians

Game 1: Cincinnati Reds (27-45) @ Cleveland Indians (36-35)

Cleveland Taking It O'High'O!

game76.jpg

Above: Dunn puts the Reds into an early lead, with 400yard dinger, Right: Casey is pulled off the base on a wild throw, as the Indians take control

The Indians came back from a 2-1 defecit in the 4th inning, to race away to a 7-4 win, in the 1st game of 3 between the Ohio Rivals.

Cincinnati now considered also rans in this years MLB, where looking to salvage some pride for their beleaguered fans. Unfortunately the Indians are

now starting to put a streak together, and made the Reds one of the victums.

Dunn and Casey both went yard for the Reds, but Harang woefully pitched 5 innings, giving up 7 runs and 4 homers, as the Indians offence settled in nicley

behind the bats of Martinez and Hafner.

Another spot of bad news for the Reds, was the loss of 3B Joe Randa to a Minor ACL Sprain. Joe will miss about 1 weeks worth of action, paving the way for

Edwin Encarnacion to make his mark in the bigs.

Reds Talk:

O'Brien (GM): "I think we all know where this club is heading. I ask the fans to stick with us, we will try to keep the nucleus here, but salary will be

dumped rather than taken on"

Randa: "Its not too serious, i should be back in action in early July"

Reds Notables:

Hitting:

Griffey - 2/4

Dunn - 1/4, 1HR, 2RBI

Casey - 1/3, 1HR, 1RBI

Freel - 1RBI

Pitching:

Harang - 5I 11H 7R 7ER 1BB 3K 4HR 2.90ERA L(2-1)

Mercker - 3I 2H 0R 0ER 2BB 4K 0HR 4.82ERA

Box:

R   H   E

CIN   4   7   0

CLE   7  13   0

Game 2: Cincinnati Reds (27-46) @ Cleveland Indians (37-35)

Juan'Ker!

game75.jpg

Above: Dunn continues to impress, driving in the Reds solitary run, Right: Juan gone done it!

Game 2 of the Cleveland Series, sees the Indians comeback late, to beat the Reds with 2 homers in the 8th.

Neither side really took the game by the scruff, until the Reds took a sneaky 1-0 lead on the back of a Dunn double. Backing this up was a classy pitching

performance by Claussen, who chalked up 6.2 shutout innings, before handing over to Juan Dominguez.

BIG Mistake. The Reds reliever managed to leave 2 balls in the sweet spot for the Indians to crush. There was no time for a Reds revival, and the Indians

took game 2 by the narrowest of margins.

Dominguez has now slumped to an 0-4 record with the Reds, with a 4.66ERA, things do not look good for this former Ranger.

Reds Talk:

Anon (Disgruntled Reds Fan): "Ive spent hundreds of dollars this year following the Reds, and all we get is b*llsh*t comments from O'Brained, saying

he will dump salary. If anything ill be doing the dumping....on that t*ts car"

Dominguez: "Im upset to have lost this game, what else can i say?"

Reds Notables:

Hitting:

Dunn - 2/4, 1RBI, 1 Double

Aurilia - 2/3

Pitching:

Claussen - 6.2I 5H 0R 0ER 1BB 0K 0HR 2.80ERA

Dominguez - 1.1I 3H 2R 2ER 0BB 0K 2HR 4.66ERA L(0-4)

Box:

R   H   E

CIN   1   8   0

CLE   2   8   1

Game 3: Cincinnati Reds (27-47) @ Cleveland Indians (38-35)

Bullpen Blues!

game74.jpg

Above: Dunn hits Wickman, as the Reds fall late again, Right: The bench cheer on Robertson who makes an impressive start!

The Indians sealed the 3 game sweep of their state rivals with another late show, by claiming the only run in the 8th inning.

Nothing can really sum up whats happening to the Reds at the moment. This time Robertson pitched a tough 5.2 innings, making sure he kept the

Indians at 0. Then Mercker came in, and within a couple of innings, he managed to allow the Indians the winning run.

There was no real offence today for the Reds either, as they fell to this sweep with barely a whimper. The one guarentee is that the Reds fans

will give the team a roasting when they return home, its lucky that the Reds will go to St. Louis for a 2 game set, before returning home to

face the Astros.

On a side note, will any Red claim a spot in the NL All-Star Lineup? Find out as June draws to a close.

Reds Talk:

Gullett: "The buck will stop with me, everyone knows our pitching is poor and fingers will soon start pointing"

Robertson: "Its a nice start to my career in the rotation. I know this spot is anyones, so i have to make the best of it"

Reds Notables:

Hitting:

Griffey - 2/4

Pitching:

Robertson - 5.2I 4H 0R 0ER 1BB 3K OHR 2.25ERA

Mercker - 2.1I 3H 1R 1ER 0BB 0K 0HR 4.77ERA L(1-3)

Box:

R   H   E

CIN   0   5   0

CLE   1   7   0

Upcoming Series - 2 Games @ St. Louis Cardinals

Game 1: Cincinnati Reds (27-48 ) @ St. Louis Cardinals (44-31)

Mo's Our Man!

game77.jpg

Above: Willy ties it with a 3 run jack in the 9th, Right: Mr Graves pitches 2 innings to get the win

Cincinnati turn the corner, with a huge comeback win after a 10 inning slog with the NL Central Leading Cardinals.

The Cards had drove themselves into a commanding postion, hitting the Reds Starter Eric Milton, for 6 runs in his 6 innings pitched. This

had put the Cardinals into a commanding 6-2 lead. However the Reds dug in at the plate, and put on a display that even the Cards fans applauded.

Pena tied the game with a 2 out, 3 run dinger in the 9th. Before Griffey came up clutch, hitting a deep double in the 10th inning with the

bases loaded, as the Reds climbed the mountain to go into a 9-6 lead. Danny Graves made sure nothing naughty happened, as the Reds held on

to gain this impressive win.

1 more in St. Louis, then 1 at home to Houston as June ends for the Reds. Hopefully on a high note.

Reds Talk:

Miley: "We need 2 big performances in St. Louis, or we will not get a nice home coming"

Griffey: "We deserved this win, its been a while coming, but the team is tight"

Reds Notables:

Hitting:

Freel - 5/6, 1RBI, 1 Double, 1 Triple

Pena - 3/6, 1HR, 3RBI

Dunn - 2/5

Casey - 3/5, 1RBI

LaRue - 2/5, 1RBI

Griffey - 1/5, 3RBI, 1 Double

Pitching:

Milton - 6I 9H 6R 6ER 1BB 3K 1HR 4.02ERA

Brazoban - 2I 2H 0R 0ER 0BB 0K 0HR 2.62ERA

Graves - 2I 3H 0R 0ER 0BB 1K 0HR 2.70ERA W(1-0)

Box:

R   H   E

CIN   9  19   0

STL   6  14   1

Dirty Danny!

graves.jpgdannydirt.jpg

Above: Graves and his Friend

Cincinnati Reds Pitcher Danny Graves, was tonight held by the St. Louis Police Department for soliciting. Graves was caught in a notorious area

of St. Louis just hours after he had pitched for the Reds in their victory over the Cardinals.

When questioned by the police, Mr Graves had no defence, as his 'lady friend' had 100 dollar bills in her thong, as she performed an act of

sex on him.

There has been no official statement released by either Graves representatives or the Reds Organisation. But this incident will not help either

parties cause in attempting to move on. Danny Graves market value may have taken a critical hit, as no team will look to take on a player with

charges potentially hanging over his head.

Game 2: Cincinnati Reds (28-48 ) @ St. Louis Cardinals (44-32)

Lucky Seven's!

game78.jpg

Above: Griffey gets hit by a Wild Pitch, Right: Dunn makes them pay with a 3 run shot

Adam Dunn drilled his 20th homer of the year deep to right, as the Reds raced away to beat the Cardinals on the back of a 6 run 3rd, to wrap up a 7-2 win, and a series sweep.

The Cards led 1-0 in the 2nd, before the Reds blasted their way to a 6-1 (3rd) then a 7-1 (4th) inning leads. Cards starter, Morris left the game mid way through the 2nd, as he had no control of his game. He even hit Griffey in the mid section, leaving the Reds Star in pain as he whinced his way to 1st base.

There was no comeback for the Cardinals, as Wilson pitched a solid 7 innings, backed up by a 1 hit 2 inning showing from Wagner to shut things down.

This 2 game sweep will give the Reds alot of confidence to take into July, as June will end with 1 game in Cincinnati against the Astros.

Off the field, the Reds called a Press Conference to confirm that Reliever Danny Graves will not be charged for alledgedly paying for Sex last night. There is no further comment on this subject from either the Club or the Player.

Reds Talk:

Wagner: "Im glad to actually contribute to this team. Its been a rough year so far, but im hoping to get the arm back in form for the 2nd half"

Graves: "The charges have been dropped, theres nothing more to add"

Reds Notables:

Hitting:

Dunn - 1/4, 1HR, 3RBI

LaRue - 2/3

Freel, Griffey & Pena - 1RBI

Pitching:

Wilson - 7I 9H 2R 2ER 1BB 2K 1HR 3.69ERA W(5-4)

Wagner - 2I 1H 0R 0ER 0BB 1K 0HR 5.81ERA

Box:

R   H   E

CIN   7   7   0

STL   2  10   1

Dunn Inks For 3 More!

dunn.jpg

Above: Adam Dunn commits to the Reds.

The Reds returned to Cincinnati and announced some good news for the Organisation.

LF Adam Dunn has been a huge asset for this ball club, and had been involved in alot of speculation regarding his future, as he entered his Free Agency season.

After a few months of negotiating, Dunn and his advisors inked a 3 year deal with the Reds @ $6,500,000 per year. There is a clause in this deal which will be enforced in the 2nd year, stating that if the Reds fail to make the 2006 playoffs, Dunn will have his contract upped to $8,000,000 for the remaining season.

Overall, the Reds will be happy to keep their young outfielder in the Organisation, as its a move that will keep the Fans content for now.

Dunn Stats for 2005:

.253Avg / 20HR / 51RBI

Dirty Danny!

graves.jpgdannydirt.jpg

Above: Graves and his Friend

Cincinnati Reds Pitcher Danny Graves, was tonight held by the St. Louis Police Department for soliciting. Graves was caught in a notorious area

of St. Louis just hours after he had pitched for the Reds in their victory over the Cardinals.

When questioned by the police, Mr Graves had no defence, as his 'lady friend' had 100 dollar bills in her thong, as she performed an act of

sex on him.

There has been no official statement released by either Graves representatives or the Reds Organisation. But this incident will not help either

parties cause in attempting to move on. Danny Graves market value may have taken a critical hit, as no team will look to take on a player with

charges potentially hanging over his head.

Denny Neagle II.

Archived