EA going to College

CCH3900

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is not going to happen! EA would lose serious money.

PC gamers can almost 100% forget it, still to this day EA hasn't released college basketball on PC, and there is a way bigger following for that college sport.

David

as far as american polls go i believe it is:

1. football

2. baseball

3. basketball

4. hockey

5. auto racing

That's all that matters. AMERICAN. Soccer is the biggest sport in the world, but do we recognize that? NO. Football is the biggest sport in the US at the moment. And its only going to get bigger.

For weeks now I have been trying to figure out why an EA Sports guy came out to one of our practices this season at Villanova, didn't take picture of us playing ball but just walked around taking pictures of our stadium and taking down notes. I believe that article is 100% true.

I thik the real reason EA is doing this college thing......their contract ended this year. The ESPN game people have exclusive rights to MLB. Unless something has developed, I dont think EA can make a MVP 2006.

Thats a good point because ESPN did buy out the Rights to MLB and that would be a good reason to do college. Or it's for me because I've been dying to see a NCAA baseball game.

I've been searching for more links, but it looks like statistically speaking, you can skew any of the US sports towards the top, depending on how you approach it.

Baseball could be #1 because they play 160+ games, NASCAR could be because of the sheer numbers they can fit into each racetrack, etc.

So the US debate could rage on, if somebody finds some good statistical evidence, post it here.

As far as the world goes, I'd have to think that soccer is #1 hands down.

Specifically, the NFL is more popular than any other professional league and it's not even close in the U.S.

- Highest TV Ratings (by far)

- most revenues (by far)

- Super Bowl - highest rated sporting event in the world

It's my favorite sport as well!

And yes, soccer is #1 in the world (never figured out why?).

i think this will be a good game, and there hopefully will lots of options with a dynasty mode..

I am sure there will be a very deep dynasty mode. They have made college football and college basketball which are both very successful. Those dynstymodes are next to none so they do know what they are doing.

I hope thier will be recruiting and have it where The top prospects go pro more often than not. This is so you do not get to good. Like in NCAA football 2005 when you are good you get anyone you want and it gets out of control. No one will get 10 "5 stars" in a recruiting class.

• 2 weeks later...

If there is an mvp 06, lets hope some first-party developer, like microsoft, publishes it, so we don't have to remake all the rosters, and lets hope we can do the same thing with college babseball as with ncaa football, transfer players, cause I'd like to have a person go trough college, and get drafted into some team.

Archived