EA going to College

CCH3900

do you think ea was inspired by your project in some way or form?

I have no doubt that EA uses our mods as inspiration. If you were around the site last year, you would know that many of our uniforms from 2004 (carter, rolie, etc.) found their way into this years game.

It's obvious that EA has an eye on this site and I am sure that Snash's project with over 38,000 views only helped when making the decision.

EA should reward the mods community for years of polishing up their games. I even think that the mods are encouraging more customers to purchase their games, thus increasing their sales. So EA does owe its mod community something.

I was/am hoping that at some point EA will release official EA mod tools the way that many games do. I think the big thing with EA is that PC gaming is at the back of their mind, they are so concerned with the console market.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EA should reward the mods community for years of polishing up their games. I even think that the mods are encouraging more customers to purchase their games, thus increasing their sales. So EA does owe its mod community something.

I am living proof of this statement. EA wouldn't have got 1 cent from me (for MVP 2005) if this community didn't exist.

I probably speak for others as well.

It's funny, because one of the strategies of MLB in giving the exclusive license to 2K Sports was the thought that all of the talent working on the various baseball videogames would naturally leave companies like EA and Midway and go work for 2K to make the ultimate MLB game. Looks like that idea backfired, as EA is not only coming out with a competitive product, it's bringing back the MVP engine

i think im gonna hurl, in the mlb's direction

I am like so excited!!! College baseball rocks!!! More than NCAA Division I basketball!!!

It's also apparent to me that E.A. Sports does in fact listen to it's customers. I can't tell you how many things MVP Baseball 2005 has given us that I and everyone else have been looking for. One thing was better ball physics and they gave exactly that in 2005!!! :D

Don't bet on this to come out for the PC. When was the last time EA released a college game for the PC? not getting my hopes up yet

This is exactly what worries me so much. It absolutely kills me that NCAA Football is not released for the PC. That is the one and only thing that forces me to keep my PS2, just waiting for the new NCAA Football game every year. Because the great majority of the games, I just don't care about them.

If NCAA football were to ever come out for PC, God I would be sooooooooooooooooo incredibly happy. And it definitely gives me reason to worry in this instance about the baseball game even coming out for PC.

I know EA hasn't released college games for PC in quite some time, but I don't think we can assume they won't release this college game for PC next year. In fact, I honestly believe they will.

Think of it this way. They've been releasing an MLB game for PC every year, with excellent results in terms of sales - a majority of whom are repeat buyers from the previous year. So, they know their game engine has a regular yearly following, and they know that they won't be able to produce an MLB game.

In order for them to maintain their loyal consumer base of PC users next year, their only option is to release this game for PC. It's not like they would be releasing a second PC baseball game (as they would have been had they released college fb in the past few years). Creating a college baseball game wouldn't really be an additional endeavor for them, merely a necessary variation on a yearly project they'd already been doing for years.

It's not like it's going to be a MVP 2006 with a College Baseball 2006. Since we are not going to see a MVP 2006, there is now way that EA will lost the chance to make money and make the game only for console.

Sorry about that, but Electronics Arts have too think in mind when they make a game. First is making money and Second is making money! So, this game, if it come out next spring, is going to be on PC for sure :-)

Assuming they release this 2006 College Baseball MVP game for PC, I imagine it would be feasible to edit everything to work with MLB teams.

We can edit in game images fairly easily to MLB team logos and such, right? We can just replace stadium .big files. We know we can get players in and out of the game visa vi the .dat files. It certainly seems feasible in my head, but we'll see.

Maybe not formal, but at least it is a glimmer of hope for all of us who play sports titles on the PC who are shut out by Take-Two's "consoles only" policy.

that's probaly why the majorty of pc players are angred at the deal to start with. it would have meant no pc games until 2012....

this talk of college baseball by EA has been talked about over at the ea forums for the last year or 2. there were numerous guys over there writing in to EA asking them to make a college baseball game. if they aren't able to make an MLB game then the college title is an obvious choice for them. personally i won't be playing it though, college baseball doesn't hold the magic for me.

as for take 2 and the console only thing. first they DO make pc games, and second they have already stated they will be making a MLB pc game. why wouldn't they? i mean of course right now they haven't because ea's has pretty much had the jump on it. but with ea out of it next year, they will have the pc market all to themselves.

Yes, I feel the same about college ball, it's not really interesting at all for me, it's a minority sport for a reason ;p but at least EA are keeping the MVP engine alive. There have been no statements from Take 2 saying they won't be making a PC version of their MLB game, in fact they've hinted they will possibly be making two MLB games for PC, a mangement and an arcade version. They wouldn't spend all that cash getting an exclusive licence for the PC platform then not make a game at all.

i acutally think ea making a college baseball game is going to increase intrest in college baseball in general. i see this only good for college baseball...who knows? mabye more baseball people are going to college becuase of this...

i acutally think ea making a college baseball game is going to increase intrest in college baseball in general. i see this only good for college baseball...who knows? mabye more baseball people are going to college becuase of this...

And that can only be positive for the future of the game. Do you know why there are so many Japanese players in baseball now? Because Japan is baseball crazy. They love it. That's what they want to do. They work at it to become good and it has been paying off.

Over here, there are too many other things to do besides swing a bat and that gets the interests away from the game for the young fan. A couple weeks ago at a local high school near here, they had a all day soccer tournament. So I stood there watching these kids, maybe a few hundred of them or so, kick that white ball around and it kind of made me sad. Here they were doing this when they could have been playing ball because

when I was that age, I was playing ball every day. That doesn't happen anymore.

Archived