On a serious note -- good news from stecropper

Jim825

For those who frequent the Classics forum, you are probably familiar with one of our members, stecropper, who lives in New Orleans. Thankfully, he made it out of New Orleans ahead of Hurricane Katrina and is safe. AlexTony heard from him yesterday and he had the following to say:

Tony,

Thanks for writing. This will be short since this is the 1st chance I have on the internet since then. My family and I are doing very well. I am with my sons at our other house in Baton Rouge. My New Orleans home probably has a bit of water on the first floor is what we hear but of course can't get there to see. We are really blessed and appreciate your thoughts.

Talk later ---- very busy as you might expect.

Don

I swapped e-mail with Don last night and he had the following to say:

Keep Total Classics on track as hopefully someday soon I will be able to sit down and enjoy that wonderful game again. Thanks for everything you have done. It was, and now even more, so much of what I enjoyed most in my private time.

Please keep Don and others affected by the hurricane in your thoughts and prayers....

Thanks for all the kind thoughts - They are all so very much appreciated and very comforting at this time. I am counting my blessings each and every moment lately. My family and I are some of the very most fortunate at this time. We do have a second home in Baton Rouge which has truly eased our personal experiences. In fact, most of our time has been spent helping the other so many in such dire need at this time. Our potential personal property losses in New Orleans are very seldom on our mind.

South East Louisiana is in need of everyone's thought and prayers. We are a strong and proud people. Please do not let the media's display of the few bad individuals influence your opinion of what is going on down here. The masses are working and suffering together for the survival of our friends and neighbors. This devastation is real and actually much worst than can be represented by the media.

Soon I will be back playing MVP and visiting with my friends from MVPMods but until then there are many much better ways for me to spend my time, energy and resources.

Just like New Orleans, when I return full time to MVPMods I know it will be a better MVPMods as will New Orleans ........... and it is directly due to each and everyone of YOU !!!

Thanks & Take Care,

Don

Archived