Official College Football Thread

Spivey11

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TCU surprised me, Oklahoma isnt the power they were 2-3 years ago.

Meanwhile I went down to Sun Devil Stadium yesterday and grabbed some tickets for the ASU-USC game here on Oct.1, Remember that date, it will be the day USC finally loses.

that will be nice...i'm sick of the usc hype, time they finally lose.

i hate all la sports, period.

The Crimson Tide has been my team for a long time. I live in Spokane Washington and roooot for the Cougs also. I think I can do that?

we should go see a game...

9-7 Bama over MTSU at the break. dang, MTSU is keeping it close.

Well I didn't get to see the game, but glad to see my Nittany Lions get a season opening win over the University of South Florida 23-13.

I think if Penn State's offense can get rolling this year, and their defense plays like they did last year, they will be tough to beat. Last year Penn State allowed 20+ points in only 3 games (2 games allowing 20, 1 game allowing 21). And...And...And...they lost a game 6-4 to Iowa last year...How do you lose a game 6-4!?

been a Gators' man a long time - and oddly enough, I like the 'Canes as well. but head-to-head, it's UF hands down :D i've been waiting for the season to start for months and Monday has been circled for awhile (UM vs FSU)!

as for today's UF game, the offense sputtered at times but Leak settled down and did pretty well after the first two series (broke Spurrier's consecutive completion record - 17; as well as 320 yards, 3 TDs, and 0 INT). they still have one more week to fine tune it before the first big game when the Vols come to town. the defense surprised me a lot as they really put a lot of pressure on Bramlet and tackled extremely well (same defense that that blew quite a few leads last year, especially against the Vols and LSU - not to mention that damned Miss State game). guess we'll be able to judge better on the 17th.

Oh yah, I forgot to mention...If any of you saw the Thursday night game between South Carolina and UCF...Noah Whiteside, the one who scored the first touchdown for the Gamecocks has been a good friend of mine since middle school...Also, got a friend playing for Clemson this year too, big ol' Offensive Lineman named Cory Lambert...Ok...I'm done for the night...See you guys soon...

My homer team, Clemson, pulled off a pretty nice upset over Texas A&M 25-24. Jad Dean kicked a 42 yard field goal to give Clemson the lead with :02 left on the clock. I work with a bunch of Clemson fans, and when Jad made that field goal - it was wicked crazy...

Man I watched alot this week. Rank the games that you watched this week.

1. Kentucky vs Louisville: This game was suppose to be a blow out, but it wasnt. If the officials would have reviewed a call, Kentucky was 1 yard away from tieing UL. I am biased with decision, but I dont care. I am jacked about Uk football! Lousiville goes on to win by 1 TD

2. FSU vs Miami: It was ugly, but a fun game to watch. FSU holds to win after 3 missed field goals by Miami. Miami was inside the 20 with 2 minutes left. FSU basically secures a BCS bowl with this win. ACC is between them, VA Tech, and Boston College.

3. TCU vs. Oklahoma: WOW! TCU was able to shut down Adrian Peterson, and OU's Qb's left a lot to be desired. I wish I would have been able to watch the last 5 minutes, but my network switched to...........

4. UW vs Air Force: Another Defensive struggle. Tyrone Willingham can't save the UW offensive woas, although Isaih Stanback looked really good. Air Force proves that last year was a fluke and they have one of the finest football programs in the nation. Last minute win for Air Force.

5. Utah vs Arizona: I dont remember much about it, besides that it was good. Sorry I forgot.

6. Bowling Green vs Wisconsin: I was skeptical of Omar Jacobs, but he proved me wrong. HE IS A STUD! I smell Heisman dark horse. Wisconsin goes to win in the second half though.

7. Washington St. vs. Idaho: Idaho stayed close in the first half, but WSU pulled away in half 2.

1. TCU vs Oklahoma - can't stand Stoops

2. GT vs Auburn - can't stand Tub o' chit Tubberville

3. FL St vs Miami - good games w/lots of Freshman mistakes (I don't like rivalry games at the beginning of the year though)

Looking forward to LSU vs. Arizona St this weekend! This game was suppose to be at Tiger Stadium but b/c of the hurricane, the triage setup at LSU and the evacuees at LSU, the game has been moved to Tempe - but LSU will still be the home team. Now if I can just find a cheap flight to Tempe!!

Tiger Stadium IS usable - no damage at all. The problem is the the Pete Maravich Assembly Center (PMAC) is right next to TS and is being used as a Red Cross triage. Also, most hotel rooms in Baton Rouge are filled up w/people who can't get back to their homes or don't have a home anymore.

After this week, LSU has a bye, then Tennessee at home. I fully expect us to play that game in TS. The Red Cross is moving their triage units as close to New Orleans as possible since some outlying areas can now be reached. Once the injured are off campus, we'll play ball in Tiger Stadium!

As for the Sugar Bowl - I don't know. Tiger Stadium would be a great place since it seats more than the Dome. But I haven't even heard any mention of the Sugar Bowl except on forum boards - no announcement made at all concerning it yet.

6. Bowling Green vs Wisconsin: I was skeptical of Omar Jacobs, but he proved me wrong. HE IS A STUD! I smell Heisman dark horse. Wisconsin goes to win in the second half though.

I was really impressed with Omar Jacobs, I thought they were going to win.

What a shootout, I think they scored a total of like 98 points!! I wonder what the under/over was on that one?

FSU and Miami was a good game to watch, very sloppy play though from both teams.

Anyone taking the Irish over #4 Michigan this week? Iam

Anyone taking the Irish over #4 Michigan this week? Iam

I don't know. I have a feeling that Michigan is going to win, but I wouldn't be too suprised if Notre Dame upsets them. But, if I were to put money on the game (no spread), I'd take Michigan...

Archived