Moving the Pitch Meter...

HarleyRider

Hello all...

I have asked this before a while back and got no helpful responses. So now that it's been some time, maybe someone has done this by now or at least can steer me in the right direction.

I am wanting to move the pitch meter over the ump's head, to reduce eye movement, but I am lost. "Guri99" has a camera mod which moves it over the strike zone, which would be fine, but I can't use his "datafile" for this because I have done many changes to mine and I don't want to lose them. If I just new what lines were changed I could use those and overwrite the same ones in my "datafile". I have tried a couple of times to Email and PM him but have gotton no response.

Do any of you modding experts out there know how to do this? If not, could anyone point me in the right direction?

Any help with this would be GREATLY appreciated!!! Thanks alot...

Cheers!!!

HarleyRider

I'm pretty sure it's done by modding the overlay files and not the datafile

It's both, the "datafile" and the "ingame.big" files. I am attaching the link to this mod.

http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?name=Down...details&id=1174

See if any of you can find what files he changed to get the swing meter over the strike zone.

Ok all you modders out there. Lets see who's first to figure THIS one out. :wink: Good luck!!!

Cheers!!!

HarleyRider

Is this what you're looking for?

If so, you can just grab the attached file and repack it into the ingame.big file you're using.

If you want to edit the file yourself, these are the lines to edit in the fes_ingameoverlay.fel file. These 3 lines appear twice on lines 174-176 and again on lines 182-184. They all need to be changed. The number I have marked red is the y coordinate. The number before that is the x coordinate. Have fun

SH:BGCOLOR,1,0,355,235,100,100,1,1,1,1,6,BPP2,BPP2,1,0,0,255,0,100,1,-1,0,1,0,0,0,0

SH:FILLCOLOR,1,0,355,235,100,100,1,1,1,1,6,BPP3,BPP3,1,0,0,255,0,100,1,-1,0,0,0,0,0,0

SH:OUTLINE,1,0,355,235,100,100,1,1,1,1,1,BPP1,BPP1,1,0,0,255,0,100,1,-1,0,1,0,0,0,0

that happens to me sometimes as well but usually with the Alex Rios (Blue Jays outfielder) face.. you have to reboot the computer and load the game again for it to display right

I've had the same problem with Rios' face, so I took a look inton jogar's files. It seems that those cyberfaces who tend to be displayed incorrectly (for me that's Rios, Blalock, Pujols, and a few others, but only from time to time) don't have the attachments "metal bin" and "name" included in their fsh file. I've now changed that and I hope that these problems won't occur again.

PS: I'm going to contact jogar on this issue to find out if he's aware of this bug, and to make sure that these attachments will be included in his future releases (which are awesome, btw).

EDIT:

Nevermind, I've just found this thread by jogar84 himself: http://www.mvpmods.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=13050/

It seems that he's already aware of the problem.

This makes me re-think my pitching view....... I may switch to behind the pitcher. But, can I keep the same batting view from the catcher's viewpoint?

There is such an option in the section where you choose what viewpoint you want in the game. Therefore the answer is yes.

Hey Trues...

I tried your "ingameoverlay" file and I found a problem, at least on my machine. The meter works fine for right handed batters. But it is not there for left handed batters. Any ideas? I think there may also be an adjustment in the "datafile". (?)

Cheers!!!

i changed these 2 lines in the fes_ingameoverlay.fel and moved the pitch meter here(see screenshot). works for both left and right handed batters

#'s in bold are the ones i changed

GR:PITCHERMETERL,1,0,50,120,20,20,1,1,1,1,255,0,0,0,-1,0,0

GR:PITCHERMETERR,1,0,50,120,20,20,1,1,1,1,255,0,0,0,-1,0,0

overlay7zw.th.png

i changed these 2 lines in the fes_ingameoverlay.fel and moved the pitch meter here(see screenshot). works for both left and right handed batters

#'s in bold are the ones i changed

I may not be using the "stock" reverse view. Could this make a difference? If so, anyone know where I can get the "stock" view so I can re-install it? I have done ALOT of modifications to my datafile and I really don't want to lose them. Too many to remember all of them.

Torement, are those the only two numbers you changed?

Cheers!!!

I may not be using the "stock" reverse view. Could this make a difference? If so, anyone know where I can get the "stock" view so I can re-install it? I have done ALOT of modifications to my datafile and I really don't want to lose them. Too many to remember all of them.

Torement, are those the only two numbers you changed?

Cheers!!!

yes those are the only two i changed, as for the stock reverse view, just look at the stock datafile (if you dont have a copy on your hard drive just get it off the cd.) and copy the lines for the stock reverse view into your modded datafile.And i do think different camera angles will make a difference. so you will more than likely just have to change the bold #'s until it works with your camera angle

Bingo!!! I don't know what "datafile" I had installed but I got the stock one from the disc. I first saved the lines I edited and then added them to the stock file. Works like a champ now.

Thanks for all the help guys! GREATLY appreciated!!!!!!!!!

Y'all have several on me.

Cheers!!!

• 3 months later...

Hey trues i love that camera view. What datafile u usin? Is it urs. I like urs the only thing i dont like baout it is the pitching is too hard and the i want music walk ups back on. How can i do that

I would also like to know what datafile that is. I have everything set up nearly like I like except I can't find a datafile that I like. I like using True's overlays a lot, so a datafile that he thinks works well would be a good reccomendation for me.

Archived