Leandro Barbosa - Suns PG

Pirate

I was at the mall tonight and bumped into Leandro Barbosa. It was kind of cool. He was buying some adidas at the Finish Line at the Scottsdale Fashion Park. I was looking at some sun glasses with my wife and I pointed him out. She didn't know who he was.

I did bump into Marcus Vick once at the local mall. This was 2 years ago before he was a superstar...me and a bunch of people were looking for a wifflebat and wiffleball...as I left the mall I saw him pass by. At first i didn't recognize him and asked my friend if that was Marcus Vick , and he went "Du'h"

No he will probably be playing starting SG this year
No, that will probably fall to Raja Bell, Leandro is basically going to be our 3rd guard, Playing either the point or the swing position. Regardless he will get more minutes then last year.

• 2 weeks later...

My fiancee bumped into (literally) Royce Clayton at Starbucks at Kierland Commons. He was standing right in front of the cream and she kind of just shoved him out the way. She didn't know who he was, it was after he signed with the D-backs. I tried to refresh her memory, we went to a Sox game right as he began to come out of his slump in July of 2001. I told her not to boo him, a lot of people were. He was hitting like .150 or something at the time. She was like, oh yeah, he's really small. She couldn't have cared less about it. I thought it was cool, especially his Predator dreads. I also volunteer for the Phoenix Suns charities, so I get to hang out with the players then! :) I'll be at the Fox Sports Grill in N. Scottsdale a week from today selling basketballs at the front counter if you want to stop on by.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: At the grocery store on Friday I bumped into Raja Bell. He parked his BMW in front of mine. I was loading groceries and thought "that is a nice Beamer." Guy hops out and it's Raja Bell. Wierd... just waiting on Steve Nash and Amare. Stoudemire lives just down the road, maybe the meeting is inevitable.

BigBully - You are a lucky man, very lucky.

UPDATE: At the grocery store on Friday I bumped into Raja Bell. He parked his BMW in front of mine. I was loading groceries and thought "that is a nice Beamer." Guy hops out and it's Raja Bell. Wierd... just waiting on Steve Nash and Amare. Stoudemire lives just down the road, maybe the meeting is inevitable.

BigBully - You are a lucky man, very lucky.

Would that be Amare's new 4.5 mil house or his older 2 mil house? The Biltmore area is extremely nice, and an easy way to see famous people. I live in Paradise Valley, I've been on the lookout for Kerry Wood, Jermaine Dye, etc. Haven't seen them yet. Thursday's charity event was awesome. Steve Nash actually showed up, the first time I've seen him. I think the easiest person on the Suns to see is Shawn Marion, he's everywhere. I've seen him at least 3 or 4 times at different places.

It's his new $4.5 million place at the Biltmore, I live at the base of Piestawa/Squaw Peak off of Northern Ave. I just like seeing how much taller I am than all of these ballers. I had Leandro by 3 inches easy, but Raja was too far away to judge, he looked bigger than Barbosa.

It's his new $4.5 million place at the Biltmore, I live at the base of Piestawa/Squaw Peak off of Northern Ave. I just like seeing how much taller I am than all of these ballers. I had Leandro by 3 inches easy, but Raja was too far away to judge, he looked bigger than Barbosa.

Yeah, I noticed the same thing. I must be 6-7 if Barbosa is the 6-3 he's listed at (I'm barely 6-2). Same with Steve Nash, he's also listed at 6-3... Yeah, right. Bell is listed at 6-5, I guess he's that tall, didn't seem any bigger than me, though. If I played ball, I'd probably be listed at 6-5 240, when in reality I'm 6-2 210.

• 1 month later...

Archived