where does everyone play?

awesome

i'm a 21 year old college student in chicago. i play 1B, DH, and P for two teams -- my school, the columbia college renegades, which is actually pretty decent considering we're an art school. we are currently in a conference between a school or two in wisconsin and a bunch of city colleges like depaul, northeastern, etc. next year we'll be in the NABA, which might mean i'll run into some of you, depending.

www.columbiabaseball.com

my summer league team is the chicago aviators. we're a bunch of dickheads who haven't yet won a game in the chicago metropolitan baseball association. check us out here:

www.myspace.com/chicagoaviators

just wondering if there are any other amateur / rec players out there who have any stories to tell. i hope to play until i'm six feet under.

• 4 months later...

I play high school (sophmore) and summer league. I play OF/P. Im not that fast yet. Im a pretty decent hitter. On the mound though, its a whole different story. I throw in the mid 70 to upper 70's, my pitches are a 2 seam fastball straight change, 11 to 5 curve (wicked) a forkball that when i throw it right has almost no rotation, and im working on a slider. and i bat/throw left handed.

• 3 weeks later...

i dont play(too old) but in my playing days(little league,pony league,etc.) i played SS,P first year, All the OF there after (coach's told me i was too fast to be in the infield), and i caught pitchers sometimes at practice

i play 16-17 yr old babe ruth (didnt donate enough money to the town to make the HS cuts) and i play center and pitch. im a lefty and im pretty fast. i have decent power, but pitching is where its at. i havent clocked myself before but my coach says i could hit the mid 70's if he clocked me. i also have a two seamer with the four seamer, and a circle change. no curveball for me, and i ditched the slider i had even though it didnt hurt my arm, just have to work on the other pitches' control.

I play college ball at Texas A&M University of Corpus Christi...I played ball at Temple Junior College before I transfered over here. During the summer I play in a college league in Austin, Tx. I was all state pitcher, and 2nd basemen in high school..but in college they mainly play me at 2nd. I'm usely a good average hitter with a above avg. power (10 homers a season usely)...Love baseball and everything to do with it.

I'm a Freshman and I made the Freshman team. Did very good there. I have decent speed for my size, but the only time I can get triples is when I hit bombs. I lead the team in AVG and second in HR (1) :-). I play first, catch, and a little right field. I got called up to JV for the playoffs, but we go knocked out the first round. I went 0-1.

Since HS baseball is over, I'm playing for a federation team. Goes all the way to October.

I'm going to be a junior and I play for my high school team. I play OF/P (middle reliever) and I bat 1st in the lineup.

Here's my stats for a summer school league I'm playing in.

And pitchers in this league are averaging about 85 mph.

So far 9 games

Hitting Stats

Avg- .733 11/15 (On a 6 gm hitting streak, also 6 gm multi-hitting streak)

Obp- .840

Rbi- 7

R- 5

HR- 2 (Including a Grand Slam)

SB- 5

BB- 3

HBP- 2

IBB- 3

K- 3

Pitching Stats

IP- 5

Era- .98

K- 3

BB- 1

I'm a Freshman and I made the Freshman team. Did very good there. I have decent speed for my size, but the only time I can get triples is when I hit bombs. I lead the team in AVG and second in HR (1) :-). I play first, catch, and a little right field. I got called up to JV for the playoffs, but we go knocked out the first round. I went 0-1.

Since HS baseball is over, I'm playing for a federation team. Goes all the way to October.

Our NYM kid is all growd up now.

When I played: pony, midgets and so forth, I pitched for the first couple of years (till I through out my arm :( ). I also played third and shortstop. By seventh grade I was in the outfield, which has always been my favorite place to play. I could run down anything but never did get my arm strength back.

I still switch hit (in the cages mostly) & batted 1-4 in the order. Great contact, great speed and line-drive power. I never did hit any legit homers though:(

Would like to get into a rec league whenever my schedule allows. That or some softball. I miss the game terribly!

Pony League; ages 13-14.

I'm 13 and play Catcher, First base, and Pitcher.

Right now (after 13 games) I'm hitting .768 with 8 homers and 24 RBI's. I'm hitting second in the batting order though because no one else can run, lol. Catcher I would have to say is my favorite.

I'm officially/un-officially/semi-retired as my busted knee has all but put me out of regular action at 20. When I did play, I was (it feels terrible saying "I was" these days rather than "I am" :() a pitcher. Started usually, but filled pretty much any role when necessary.

I just graduated from High School in Evansville, IN. I played for 3 years on our high school team as a 1B/P. I am always the cleanup guy and I throw low to mid 80's. Most of the years we sucked, but this year we are second in our conference and we are 1-0 in our sectionals.

I just graduated from High School in Evansville, IN. I played for 3 years on our high school team as a 1B/P. I am always the cleanup guy and I throw low to mid 80's. Most of the years we sucked, but this year we are second in our conference and we are 1-0 in our sectionals.

What high school, Klesko? Did you go to the same high school as Don Mattingly (Reitz) or Andy Benes (Central)?

Edit: BTW, I pitched and played 1rst base for Vincennes Lincoln.

No, I went to Bosse. The home of the Bulldogs, we played reitz and central each twice this year. Preston mattingly, donnie baseball's son plays for central and we split the two games with them, we killed reitz both times though

yeah, we played them the first game of the season and we routed them 16-3. it was a pretty, tough game, because they were ranked 3rd in the state coming into the game

16-3? :huh:

I haven't really follwed Lincoln since Barmes went to the bigs. There's really not alot of talent here these days.

I haven't played much of baseball but played pee wee softball for a couple years, played as an OF, then tried out for the first time in years last year, as an OF again for an hardball team but yeah I got cut...not surprising :lol: Eventhough I do have a baseball tournament coming up in a couple weeks, it'd be bunch of deaf teams playing against eachother so I'll be playing for one of the team..so far it seems like I'll be the pitcher this year, probably OF or SS/1B which i played a bit of last year. It's just a slo-pitch so nothing too exciting, but hey it's still baseball :p

Im a sophomore and play high school ball, senior league, and colt league. I catch and can play pretty much anywhere, but catching is what i love. I started my freshman year catching and batted around .380. This year my hitting slumped to only .320 wiht one HR but my pop time got better from 2.1 as a freshman to 1.9 seconds this year. Our team was a horrible 6-12 but we beat the 1A state champions snow hill and played the 3A state champs close the entire time.

Archived