Official MVP 06: MLB datafile thread

krawhitham

Link to datafile

double click the EXE and point it to your MVP folder, just like the LL download

This is the same datafile as the list one with a modded overlay file to move the pitching meter for camera #6

BTW no way this meets the opening day deadline. MLB has still not released the new head shots. Everything but portraits and pirates new stadium (which he can not finish until he sees what ads are in the park on opening day) is ready to go.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trying to give the game, a new game feel

almost done I hope

I like what you are doing with the camera angles when the ball is in play. Makes it a little tougher to get those infield grounders. I'm having a problem with the behind the pitcher cam when there are runners on base facing a left handed batter though. The pitch meter and the baserunner windows are on top of each other, so it's a little hard to see the meter. One of them needs moved to other side of the screen a guess. Also, I kind of prefer the directly behind the pitcher view you had in a previous datafile, but whatever you like best :) I really like the fielding cam though, very broadcasty. Looks nice.

Looks great guys!

This is probably a stupid question, but is it possible to use different Camera angles while pitching and while batting? I would love to use this angle while pitching, but have a behind the batter view while batting.

Looks great guys!

This is probably a stupid question, but is it possible to use different Camera angles while pitching and while batting? I would love to use this angle while pitching, but have a behind the batter view while batting.

Yes, you can change that in the options.

Looks great guys!

That would be the Pitch6/Bat1 batting view under the Gameplay Options for Batting view.

played a little with the new beta 2 datafile...btp cam is a lot better. i wasnt a huge fan of the strait over the top of the pitcher view. and the fielding cams on here are fantastic, but their not smooth. they jump and fall at random times, at least with my experience. and for some reason, the first datafile fix plays a hundred times smoother than this one. the choppiness all returns with this datafile...not sure why. i have your fix installed also. heard about these issues from anyone else?

I already talked about this in the older thread but I got no respond so here it is again.

Is there a way to have the behind the pitcher view always like this one on the picture!! (with the fixed datafile for the MVP 06 LL 1st version), you can see it when Adam Dunn of Cincinnati is batting.. I don't know why but the view is different just for him! Just take a look by yourself! Anyway, I think this view is perfect cuz it's the same as on TV (except the pitcher is on the left side, not the right side).

If someone could make the behind the pitcher view always like this one (and the pitcher on the left side if possible), you would make someone realllly happy!

Can't wait to see your responds guys!

That may be possible kraw! Like I already said, last year I had a computer far from being as good as the one I have right now (both in terms of video card and memory) and the game was running without stuttering but now I have to deal with the damn stuttering even if my computer is way better... that kinda sucks!

It' because of Dunn's enormous size. Whenever a player is too big for pitching view #6, the camera will automatically zoom out a little.

That's interesting. Where do you think it's programmed in the game to do this? I edit camera views a lot, and I was wondering why it did that. I guess now I know.

Archived