Official MVP 06: MLB datafile thread

krawhitham

That's interesting. Where do you think it's programmed in the game to do this? I edit camera views a lot, and I was wondering why it did that. I guess now I know.

I don't know how this works exactly. It's just when I was creating my very own pitching view #6 that I came across this problem.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I need overlay help

right8wz.png

left6ns.png

I need to keep the runners box on the right of the screen like it does for right handers when a left hander is up

which pitching views are these, 6?? im getting the default EA camera 6, not the zoomed out/shifted left/lifted one you have here...

well, played 3 games with this datafile on all-star, with every cpu hitting tuner all the way to -50 and in every game, every player on the opposing team got at least 1 hit. they dont always score but hit after hit is beyond unrealistic.

i still dont think tweaked datafiles can be used on all-star, at least if you want consistant SO/BB ratio and a decent H/9 inning avg.

well, played 3 games with this datafile on all-star, with every cpu hitting tuner all the way to -50 and in every game, every player on the opposing team got at least 1 hit. they dont always score but hit after hit is beyond unrealistic.

i still dont think tweaked datafiles can be used on all-star, at least if you want consistant SO/BB ratio and a decent H/9 inning avg.

And which is the Datafile that your using?

I like gameplay alot but pre-game cameras move kinda fast and the zoom-ins on the batters are a bit wierd. Might just be preference but I'd rather have the defaults.

I totally agree with the pre game cameras (and between innings as well). They are moving way too fast. There's one or two zoom ins on the batter that are weird but, on the other hand, some of them are really cool though!

I totally agree with the pre game cameras (and between innings as well). They are moving way too fast. There's one or two zoom ins on the batter that are weird but, on the other hand, some of them are really cool though!

Yea i agree as well..i also think the batting view is way zoomed in..only thing i like is the pitchers view.

Loving the new mods... amazing...

I have one concern. I like everything, but I want to be able to go back to the default camera angles. I have tried grabbing the original datafile.txt from the CD and copying all the camera data to the LL datafile, but it won't repack.

What exact lines do I need to edit to get the default cameras back?

Thanks.

That would be every line that is named "battingview".

EDIT Or do you want to change the walk-up camera angles? 'Cause I don't know where those lines are...

Are you just using a Hex Editor to edit these datafiles or is there a proper tool for changing them. Thanks.

That would be every line that is named "battingview".

EDIT: Or do you want to change the walk-up camera angles? 'Cause I don't know where those lines are...

No walk ups, just the gameplay angles... cool... just edit the single lines that say battingview? I will try that. I was copying the whole sections.

I am using wordpad to edit the datafile, btw.

No walk ups, just the gameplay angles... cool... just edit the single lines that say battingview? I will try that. I was copying the whole sections.

I am using wordpad to edit the datafile, btw.

With "gameplay angles", do you mean batting/pitching views or fielding views? Just to make sure, changing the values found in "battingview1", "battingview2", etc. will change the batting/pitching cameras.

Archived