Official MVP 06: MLB datafile thread

krawhitham

How do I use any of this? I downloaded the Easy and Regular ... but it just has datafile.txt and a frontend folder with ingame.big? How do I make this into datafile.big to make it work? Sorry but no instructions where included and I am not very familiar with altering datafiles, please can anyone help? Very lost here

Same problem here........any help appreciated :wink:

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

maddiesdaddy, i love your datafile, but i have a question. is there a way to reduce pickoff moves to second base? i mean to almost eliminate them, i see that maybe once every ten games there is an attempt to second base, but i have pickoff moves to second occure at least twice during the count.

and is there a way to change the camera angle for a baserunner, as in more of a straight on angle when they are stealing?

Yes I'm an idiot but... how do I install this. The download included a 740k text file called "datefile" and a folder called "frontend" with a 180k .big file inside called ingame.big. The instructions say install like you did the "LL" file, but I used the "ILF" file so I have no idea.

maddiesdaddy, i love your datafile, but i have a question. is there a way to reduce pickoff moves to second base? i mean to almost eliminate them, i see that maybe once every ten games there is an attempt to second base, but i have pickoff moves to second occure at least twice during the count.

and is there a way to change the camera angle for a baserunner, as in more of a straight on angle when they are stealing?

sorry D for taking so long to respond....I have really onlyl been lurking around the site lately and have been too busy to keep up with all the intresting stuff going on here

also, things like this should go in the thread for my datafile...that I do check regularly in case someone ever posts a question or comment that I can address.

to address your questions.....I have not explored the pickoff move issue you mention and I am not a camera modder so I wouldn't know where to begin on changing the camera angles during a steal, although I am sure it can be done.

sorry for the lack of help here but I only know what I know (and that ain't sayin' much).

MD.....I lean toward using your datafile, though not to take away from the other good ones out there as well.

The only seemingly unrealistic ball/hitting physics in it seems to be the chopper that (apparently) hits a few feet in front of the feet and goes rocketing into the outfield for a hit. At least, it seems unrealistic to me. Ever see this? Any ideas?

I've also noticed that I don't get any bloop hits to the outfield with MaddiesDaddy datafile. Anything hit shallow enough to fall in front of the outfielders is always popped up too high and the outfielders have all the time in the world to simply run in and catch it.

I've also noticed that I don't get any bloop hits to the outfield with MaddiesDaddy datafile. Anything hit shallow enough to fall in front of the outfielders is always popped up too high and the outfielders have all the time in the world to simply run in and catch it.

hmmm...not something I noticed. do your outfielders seem to run down everything?....asking because perhaps you could lower OF speed slider if this is the case, if not, then I am not sure....

what mode do you play on? I have found Pro works best for me and that is the mode I used 90% of the time when modding the datafile (the other 10% was in the beginning when I played on All-Star)

• 4 weeks later...

34 accuracywidth changed from 0.120 to 0.060

40 linespeed changed from 0.750 to 2.00

50 badaccuracywidth changed from 0.15 to 0.00

141 perfectaccuracygreen changed from 255 to 127

143 Perfectaccuracyalpha changed from 255 to 127

144 perfectaccuracysize changed from 0.25 to 0.10

152 accuracygreen changed from 255 to 127

the first values are the original settings.

Can someone please help me with this?

I have MD Datafile V3.1 - with batter walk up music in my data folder. I wanted to use his datafile but the pitch meter is really small (can't seem to pitch with it.) Here are the steps that I took to perform the things Kumala had mentioned were changed from the original.

1. Downloaded DF Compress utility.

2. Extracted the files into my data folder

3. I ran the utility

4. Hit decompress and open datafile.txt

5. I opened the file in wordpad and went down to 233<batterpitcher> and made the above mentioned changes.

6. Hit save and closed out of the file.

7. Then I hit compress datafileEdit.txt

Now here's where I am confused. Now inside my data folder is another data folder which contains a datafile and a frontend folder.

I think this folder was created by the DF compress utility. So I copied the datafile from that folder and pasted it back on to

C:Program FlesEA SPORTSMVP Baseball 2005data (over wrote the other datafile that was there)

Went into the game. The pitch meter is back to normal again but I don't think I am using MD's datafile anymore. The thing is I want to able to use MD's datafile but just change the pitch meter.

I know its not MD's datafile anymore because when I copied MD's datafile and ran the game, the pitching mound was only showing about 1/3.

When I made the changes that Kumala mentioned the pitching mound changed as well (I am able to see the whole pitching mound now).

Did I do anything wrong in my above steps? Sorry for the long post. I just did not want to leave anything out.

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks a bunch.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived