Official MVP 06: MLB datafile thread

krawhitham

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey! just wanted to let the datafile creator know that I played alot of games and I really like the datafile now!! The camera angles are great (except the runners PIP) and almost everything is perfect! thx alot for your great work!! I especially really like the stadiums view between the innings! Those area really nice!

Kraw, I tried this datafile. Offensively I like the gameplay because it makes it feel as if the ball is being hit harder. Defensively, the fielding cam makes every reaction to a hit ball delayed and offline because you can't see where the ball might be coming down at. The whole angle throws me off, atleast.

The camera work is enjoyable, not my cup of tea but well done nonetheless.

Overall, good job and it gives people a different feel for the game.

Is it possible to get batter walk up music back in the game without downloading this new datafile that changes a bunch of angles, which I don't want?

Also what other changes are made in this datafile from the one on MLB 06, and what changes did the new default one make from the original game besides general gameplay?

I really like the new camera angles, except I find that the Broadcast view is somewhat awkward on defense. The camera seems to just follow the ball wherever it is, making it difficult to judge pop ups and fly balls. Is this the way it was intended to be, or will it be revised? If not, is it possible at all to change just the broadcast view to default and keep all the other new camera angles? Thanks in advance!

This is a fantastic datafile.

Just one suggestion: on the BTP view, if there is a runner on second, you can see this running move back and forth in the foreground. As you may know, the baserunners are generated in very low res graphics so when they are visible up close, its very noticeable they are in low res.

This isn't a big deal but if the BTP view was zoomed closer to the picture slightly, the problem would go away.

Yes you can turn on the batter walk up music. Do this: open the datafile as a datafileEdit, then FIND: 0x7c9e6865 127<test> then go to value 12 and change it from 0.00 to 1.00. Then save, then use bigGUI to import the datafile, then compress and your done! I have been doing this for a few weeks now, and its really not very hard.

Yes you can turn on the batter walk up music. Do this open the datafile as a datafileEdit, then FIND 0x7c9e6865 127<test> then go to value 12 and change it from 0.00 to 1.00. Then save, then use bigGUI to import the datafile, then compress and your done! I have been doing this for a few weeks now, and its really not very hard.
do what he said I do not have a copy with walkups without the new cameras anymore

anyone play kraws 2.1 or 2.2? I was really confused on defense. I am sure it gets easier the more you use it. Anyone have a opinion on it. PS. kraw i'm not knocking your datafile or anything else you've done as everything you do is top notch-terrific. I just think this may not be the best one for me. I'm using another one that i downloaded from here(dont know the name cause i changed it to read"good datafile") that seems really good but seems like the outfielders are a little too deep and get everything at the track plus rob a few to many hrs..... you guys are great

Archived