An Apology

Pirate

No apology needed Pirate. JPL couldn't take that you didn't want your name attached to that piece of *junk*, or the criticism that came with it. I just hope this doesn't shy you away from continuing to post your work here. You do some the best work I've seen, and I'd hate to lose a talented guy like yourself because of some jerk-off. Keep up the good work.

Pirate, this may sound like a rant, or it may not. I guess it is how you conceive it.

Baseball is my life. It always has been. It runs in my family, and now down to my 7 year old son. I have always been a "realist", which in turn would tell you I like to play a simulated style of baseball.

This is what your parks are to me. This game (MVP2005) and your mods are the best there is to be gotten. Hands down. It is obvious you put a monumental amount of effort into your work, and at least to me it doesn't go unnoticed.

Maybe I am selfish, maybe not. But at least to me, what you have given (me, us) are only things I could dream of coming from a baseball video game.

You rock, dude. Keep up the good work. There are still people (me) that are out here counting on you.

There is no need to apologize for something so positive.

Peace

i've decided in honor of pirate, to release my first stadium mod.

Busch Stadium '07, i'm using pirates 2004 park as a base without his permission.

and i'm throwing ezorn's green monster in it.

I'm doing this for the better of the community, so deal with it.

i've decided in honor of pirate, to release my first stadium mod.

Busch Stadium '07, i'm using pirates 2004 park as a base without his permission.

and i'm throwing ezorn's green monster in it.

I'm doing this for the better of the community, so deal with it.

I'm gonna release a new Wrigley...

But where to get the bricks...

Stealing someone's work, yes, outright stealing someone's work, be it a texture, a stadium itself, a uniform, a shoe, a bat, you name it, without giving credit where credit is due is totally wrong and disrespectful to the person in which the items belong to. To me, it's called "Swagger Jacking".

I know exactly what you mean. I used to make sigs (such as my own and the last one Pirate was using) and skin for a game called Freedom Force, and what you call "Swagger Jacking" was quite common in the forum I belonged to as well. Only difference is we called it "kitbashing", where someone would take certain textures from a released skin(s) and use it with their own "creation".

The trouble is, with people like this, they always and I mean always have to make a new account to come back in here to see how much more they can stir it up. You know, like Moose.

This may be somethng Trues can address. In another forum I belonged to, for an MMORPG I used to play, the Admin was able to IP ban any member. It was an Innovision board, if I'm not mistaken.

you know, im getting a strong feeling pirate "pretends" i don't exist.

am i invisible to anyone else?

we should have a "Please, have a seat on the couch" Thread for modding psychiatric treatment.

I'm pretty sure for most of us, we're laughing so hard and shaking our heads that we're not sure how to respond :lol:

Pirate, you know how I feel about your work. The only reason I'm wanting to "kitbash" your release of Kauffman is that the bulk of it is already perfect, and I feel I'd only be rehashing what you spent a lot of time on...I'd hate to think of that time as being wasted if I were to redo it from scratch (if that made sense). In any case, I know you recently said in another thread that you learned to look past or ignore these troublemakers and that they wouldn't get in the way of your modding more stadiums. I just hope that still holds true. On one final note, thank you again so much for everything you've given us.

I am prolific, I can produce stadiums like rabbits produce offspring.

Pirate, it really is crazy how fast you can put out a stadium, it's crazy. You know how I feel on the subject, you have no need to apologize.

Royal Blues, you'll always have a special place in my heart for being the first guy to help do portraits for the first ever classic team i did, 1957 Dodgers.

i love you.

Then why don't you call me anymore? I thought we had something special that night. I think my mom is more upset than me though...she even baked you cookies. :cry:

Guys,

I truly want to personally thank all of you I came across this thread

as a accident searching for a answer to a question I had and became

very interested in this topic after I began reading it. I just wanted to

say even though I don't have the high posts like most of you, I always

read and will reply or post when it's worthwhile. i was a member of the

HH04 site then came here once it was gone, and I truly have nothing

but the most respect and regards for all that you do. Some may look

at this new wave of interest as a good thing for the community and the

site, which will hopefuly drw more attention from game producers and

fans as well, that they will see how it should have been done, and also

there will be people that are very ognorant and rude. Those people will

not last. This is a fantastic site and gives all baseball fan and gamers a

very unique and rewarding experience, unfortuneatly there will also be

those that just like to start trouble, but for those of us that truly mature

enough and have respect for all of your countless hair-pulling hours

that you spend making the game better for all of us, we all applaud you

gentlemen, where you get the time and patience is just mind boggling.

Archived