An Apology

Pirate

I feel I need to apologize and maybe explain myself. The past few days culminate to be the second issue I have had with the editing of one of my modded parks. The other was an earlier issue when someone promised to finish a park and keep it true to real life, but instead added a fantasy shower deck replete with nude and scantily clothed women. I feel bad because I feel like a stadium-Nazi, if you will.

I fully support the creative interests of this community, but I do not support diminishing someone's work in the process.

While EA produced and created this game, my work has been done to improve on what they have provided and further this community's enjoyment. If it is possible I would love to support someone editing my mods if they can improve on what I have done. But in the case of both mods mentioned previously, they did not.

I don't own the right to work on stadiums and I do not feel threatened by others working on stadiums. If so I would shake in my boots every time Trues, Hyman, PaulW, BigO, MarlinsMY and SeanO create a mod. They are far more talented than I and I am sure there are several others I am forgetting or have yet to discover the talents of. I am prolific, I can produce stadiums like rabbits produce offspring. That is my saving grace. I appreciate all of your support when an issue like this arises.

I can work with people and I would hate to think people think I am an overbearing mother of my work. Look at Minute Maid Juiced Edition.

On the contrary I do think it is a better idea to attempt the editing from scratch as I have. It provides a greater learning curve and much more room for creation.

Keep modding folks, I know I will. Respect and appreciation go along way. I cannot wait to be finished with Busch so that I can share it with all of you. Again thanks for your support.

Thome's right. The work you did in here and that you continue to do is excellent. You have no reason to apologize for anything. Those people that did this, well I have no answer for them.

You have respect for your work and for others Pirate. I seem to recall you modded Halofan's Angel Stadium (protest edition) and modded it just for yourself because Halofan would not want it released without having Anahiem represented. You didn't have to do this, but it was the right thing to do.

I think you have a right to have your work respected as much as you do to others.

Well shivmer me timbers and spank my parrot. You do not need to apologize to anyone Pirate. Your mod work and overall contributions to this great baseball site equals earned respect.

The 'stadium hooker' who mocks your work then uploads a turd should walk the plank.

I'm just frustrated at how people like to run their mouth about things they do not know jack squat about. People that accuse modders like us of updating EA's work and using the defense of "This is EA's game, not the Modders" or something to that effect. Obviously we mod for fun. We mod for the enjoyment of fixing EA's mistakes and seeing something we made in a video game. We don't get paid for what we do.

One common misconception that I keep seeing throughout this past month is how people feel we've made a profit off of MVP MLB 06 and the other mods that are around the site. We don't get paid for what we do, and we do not make a profit off of what we mod. The owner of this site does not use the additional donations for his own benefit, as he has a job of his own, and the donations the site gets go out to the next hosting bill and additional extra bandwidth. People donate not because they are forced to, but they feel we should be rewarded with more than just kudos and a "thank you".

When I see other people release watered down versions of other people's work and claim it's theirs, even I get personally offended and I didn't make the mod myself. Stealing someone's work, yes, outright stealing someone's work, be it a texture, a stadium itself, a uniform, a shoe, a bat, you name it, without giving credit where credit is due is totally wrong and disrespectful to the person in which the items belong to. To me, it's called "Swagger Jacking". It's showing everybody else that you do not have the talent to mod, so you take from someone else what you cannot do yourself and add what you CAN do to someone's mod.

It's reasons like this that many modders refuse to continue modding for the community. Pirate, you don't need to apologize. I understand where you're coming from. If the mod in question is based off of the modder's work, I feel that it should come out equal to the quality of the modder's original work, if not better. If anybody needs to apologize it should be me for going off on this huge rant.

-KC

You definately took the high road, Pirate. I would have done the same thing in your place. I really don't think people realize the time that we spend on these things. In my case I literally have spend hundreds, yes hundreds of hours on each stadium mod I've created from EA's base. That's hundreds of hours I could have spent doing something else but I chose to mod these stadiums for my enjoyment and the enjoyment of others. It's definately challenging for me because I'm a married man and my wife thinks I'm nuts for doing all of this. The modding base is growing more and more by the day and I think some of these new modders just don't realize what time was spent perfecting the rest of the stadium they are using as a base. If they change a texture or two they think that they have "bested" the other person's work. It's true its EA's game but it is the hard work effort and time of the modder that has brought their game to a new level...

The only thing I'd like to correct is me being more talented than Pirate. Your works are absolute art, and you've mastered ad creation and oedit, not to mention made the ultimate guide to modding parks available to the community.

Anyone who can create a full park, ads, oedit, field modding, etc. is worthy of praise, especially someone who has created so, so many tremendous mods.

Bottom line, if you want to mod a park, start from scratch. You have no right to take someone else's work to mod yourself without their permission, and it should remain that way.

No wonder I didn't know about this! This happened around 4 in the morning. I was in dreamland holding my teddy bear. Wait, you guys didn't need to know that.

Anyways, that guy is gone for good. Five and Trues took care of that.

The trouble is, with people like this, they always and I mean always have to make a new account to come back in here to see how much more they can stir it up. You know, like Moose.

I'm just frustrated at how people like to run their mouth about things they do not know jack squat about. People that accuse modders like us of updating EA's work and using the defense of "This is EA's game, not the Modders" or something to that effect. Obviously we mod for fun. We mod for the enjoyment of fixing EA's mistakes and seeing something we made in a video game. We don't get paid for what we do.

One common misconception that I keep seeing throughout this past month is how people feel we've made a profit off of MVP MLB 06 and the other mods that are around the site. We don't get paid for what we do, and we do not make a profit off of what we mod. The owner of this site does not use the additional donations for his own benefit, as he has a job of his own, and the donations the site gets go out to the next hosting bill and additional extra bandwidth. People donate not because they are forced to, but they feel we should be rewarded with more than just kudos and a "thank you".

When I see other people release watered down versions of other people's work and claim it's theirs, even I get personally offended and I didn't make the mod myself. Stealing someone's work, yes, outright stealing someone's work, be it a texture, a stadium itself, a uniform, a shoe, a bat, you name it, without giving credit where credit is due is totally wrong and disrespectful to the person in which the items belong to. To me, it's called "Swagger Jacking". It's showing everybody else that you do not have the talent to mod, so you take from someone else what you cannot do yourself and add what you CAN do to someone's mod.

It's reasons like this that many modders refuse to continue modding for the community. Pirate, you don't need to apologize. I understand where you're coming from. If the mod in question is based off of the modder's work, I feel that it should come out equal to the quality of the modder's original work, if not better. If anybody needs to apologize it should be me for going off on this huge rant.

-KC

This says it all, excellent post KC.

Pirate, you're a class act. You should not be the one apologizing.

Am i the only one who doesn't see why Pirate's apologizing? As far as I can tell he didn't do anything wrong...

let's move on, marinate, simmer down, and download Total Classics 5 this week.

Nice plug...can't wait.

JPL03 = Jealous of Pirate's Love Since 2003.

TRUES = Terroristic Response Utilizing Enigma Service

KRAWHITHAM = Kelly Remembers Anyone Who Had Intense Tittlating Hands And Mouth

PIRATE = Please, I'm Really Apologizing To Everyone.

?? sorry, im in class and it's a real yawn. Applications of Cryptography analysis my ***!

Damn right you should apologize Pirate. Your stadiums really suck, and this guy did a better job.

JK :-). Pirate Rules. I've downloaded every stadium you modded and I have not one complaint. Keep up the good work. I hope to follow in your footsteps someday.

Archived