MVP06 Release

maddux31

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't work! :cry:

Hey there GG, I had the same problem and it ended up being a bad stick of RAM.

I will go ahead and post this here so if anyone else is having a problem they don't need to make a post about it. Try this and see if it works. If it doesn't work, I am sorry.

Step 1:

Go to Google and type in BurnInTest v4

Step 2:

Click the first link and download the Standard Version V5

Step 3:

Run BurnInTest with no other applications running

Step 4:

Let it cycle through for about 10 minutes, paying attention to the number of errors it will output next to RAM.

Step 5: (If you have more than 1 stick of RAM)

Open up your case, but first make sure you rid yourself of any static beforehand and take out on of the sticks of RAM. If you don't have more than 1 stick of RAM and your RAM has errors, you need to buy new RAM.

Step 6:

Close the case back up, connect only your bare neccessities (Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse) and run BurnInTest again. If the stick of RAM you just tested has errors, repeat step 5, then this step again. If your RAM doesn't have errors, then go ahead and hook up the rest of your components (Internet, cd burners, game controllers, etc, etc.) And redownload which ever version you want.

I hope this helps you, and all the others that are coming across this problem. Luckily, if you do need new RAM, www.newegg.com has some nice prices. Good luck.

@Franchise Player

Thanks, but my RAM is OK.

@Bama

I don't think the downlaod is incomplete. I've downloaded the file four times with "GetRight", "Internet Download Manager" and in the "normal" way with Firefox. The strange thing is, other *.rar files, I downloaded were unzipable.

@Franchise Player

Thanks, but my RAM is OK.

@Bama

I don't think the downlaod is incomplete. I've downloaded the file four times with "GetRight", "Internet Download Manager" and in the "normal" way with Firefox. The strange thing is, other *.rar files, I downloaded were unzipable.

Did you try and check your RAM with the test? The computer I had the problem on, I only had for 4 days and it was having the same exact problems. If I downloaded any file over 15MB, it would be corrupted.

Did you try and check your RAM with the test? The computer I had the problem on, I only had for 4 days and it was having the same exact problems. If I downloaded any file over 15MB, it would be corrupted.

Yes, I ran the test and it was fine. But after I downloaded MVP 06, I downloaded an other that was over 500MB and I could unzip it.

This is a long shot but try defragging your computer and then redownload, also when you get the full file and go to unzip it make sure the drive your working in has plenty of space.. I use C: for OS and working programs, D: for my games and F: for all of my big d/n loads eg mods and demos, so I always transfer from C: to F: before extracting it.

good luck 8)

Archived