eagerly for the game to hit the store, so you can load it and see how

much it was improved over the last year version! Maybe I am the sports

nerd my fiance calls me, but I don't care, I love baseball almost as

much as anything and I love this site! Now hurry up Opening Day were

all waiting for this masterpiece!!

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You took the words right out of my mouth. I thought I would have to settle for an old baseball game this year but because of the modders here I have also started my countdown to opening day for the release of 06!

Sunday feels like it is going to take forever to get here!! Cant wait!

I downloaded the beta version, but apparently my computer won't handle all the updates. P-III, 800 mgz., FX5200 video card with 128 RAM, 512 Ram of memory, and still on Windows ME.

Never could load the beta...would crash back to the desktop after loading the intro screen.

Will the final version be playable for everyone, or will some of us have to just use the MVP 2005, with mods created for that?

If so...will there be updated rosters and stadiums for that later?

I'm amazed at the work you guys do in modding this game...congrats to you, even if I can't run the MVP 2006 version on my computer.

i would really like to see the new bush stadium and all the new rosters with their new photos

how many MB is going to take the whole update?

The New Busch won't be released until late April/early May (I think) when Pirate has had a chance to look at the ads and such.

The rosters are gonna be updated but since MLB Pressbox hasn't released the new player portraits yet, you probably won't see them in the game right away.

RSKJACKSON,

I would try a fresh install (backup any stats or mods) and try re-installing MVP06. I'm surprised that it wouldn't run. If you can play 05 with all the mods 06 should work?? Anyone agree??

I will try that when I get the chance. 05 plays great with several mods I've added, so I questioned why the 06 beta wouldn't play right. I know that my video card hasn't allowed me to play with the best quality of faces on the players, a couple of the options in the video settings in the game are grayed out. Other than that...the rest of the game looks fine.

How big an download are we talking about for the finished MVP 2006 upgrade?

05 plays great with several mods I've added, so I questioned why the 06 beta wouldn't play right.

I believe that the 06 mod uses 2x versions of the uniforms, meaning that they are more graphics intensive. Have you used 2x uniforms with MVP2005? If not, then that could be what is causing your problems.

I don't want to turn this thread into what it's not supposed to be, but I appreciate the advice. I don't believe I've used any of the 2x uniform version downloads, so I will try that before I go any further. Sorry to ask this, but is there any one uniform download that's better to try than another?

I think kraw is working on an update meaning that you'll just have to install that and it overwrites your old MVP06 mod.

Wow. If that's true, I certainly was'nt expecting it. I was just planning on doing a fresh install. Goes to show how good you guys are at this modding stuff. I'm just an end user and don't have the know how to do that kind of thing, so it blows my mind sometimes at the things guys are able to pull off with a year old game. I'm like the others, and can't wait to get the final MVP06 downloaded and installed. Thanks to all you guys that are working/have worked so hard on this thing. Know that it's very much appreciated.

I know Hory, Big Shmooz and kraw are working really hard on their parts.

kraw isn´t on this site anymore, right?

but the final version is still gettin´ finished?

The New Busch won't be released until late April/early May (I think) when Pirate has had a chance to look at the ads and such.

so we´ll have to wait until that, so that we can start the perfect 06 mod.

but this is better than having a wired busch stadium.

The rosters are gonna be updated but since MLB Pressbox hasn't released the new player portraits yet, you probably won't see them in the game right away.

which one do you mean? the portraits on the official websites, like this one

Wow, I am glad I accidentally clicked a link to this site. I had all but stuffed 2005 away in a deep dark hole never to be seen again.

I had heard about this mod being created back when Sega won the rights. But I never thought the mod would be made or have the work put into it you all appear to be doing.

Fortunately for me the anticipation of the release will be brief.

Wow, I am glad I accidentally clicked a link to this site. I had all but stuffed 2005 away in a deep dark hole never to be seen again.

I had heard about this mod being created back when Sega won the rights. But I never thought the mod would be made or have the work put into it you all appear to be doing.

Fortunately for me the anticipation of the release will be brief.

Welcome to the community. I hope you like what we have to offer :D

Archived