Dances With Wolves... A Cleveland Indians Dynasty

punchout

indianbannerfinal2.jpg

Well I am up way later than I should be to bring you guys one last final update before I am gone for a week. Rough game, but I hope you enjoy. The layout is pretty close to what it is going to be from now on - Big Thanks to Dunit for the help with it.

**Click Recap for A Box Score**

6124xr.jpg

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:) thats what I get for rushing out updates for you guys

By the way just got back, waaay too tired tonight so I dont know if there will be any updates tonight. But if not today, then tomorrow - Thing is I hope I can still stay hot after taking the last week off.

Yea for my screen shots I am usually going into the replay mode and finding a nice view of the good plays, wheras I used to just take them of the defualt replays that they show. It lets me get more indebt and more detailed.

And yea the Yankees are definatly a hard team to play, it seems everyone can hit the dang ball (as seen in the first 2 games in the series) - So it keeps me on edge the whole game because I know everyone is a threat.

But Matsui went out around the 5th inning, don't know to what extent.

indianbannerfinal2.jpg

Brewers Brought Out Brooms Against the Indians

Byrd Solid, but Capuano is Stellar

June 15th, 2006: Cleveland Indians (37-29) @ Milwaukee Brewers (32-35)

Box:

1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9	 R   H   E

CLE   0  0  0  0  0  1  0  0  0	 1   5   2

MIL   0  0  0  0  0  2  2  2  x	 6   10  0
W: Chris Capuano (5-5) L: Paul Byrd (8-3) Indian Line: Ramon Vazquez: 2/4 Travis Hafner: 1/4, 2B, RBI Box Score
Haren Struggles as Indians Lose 2nd Straight June 16th, 2006: Cleveland Indians (37-30) @ Milwaukee Brewers (33-35)
Box:

CLE   0  0  0  0  0  3  0  0  0	 3   7   0

MIL   2  0  1  0  3  0  1  0  x	 7   16  2
W: Dave Bush (5-4) L: Danny Haren (6-4) Indian Line: Ramon Vazquez: 1/2, 2B, 2BB Victor Martinez: 1/4, HR, 3 RBI Box Score
Ohka Blanks Indians as Brewers Sweep June 17th, 2006: Cleveland Indians (37-31) @ Milwaukee Brewers (34-35)
Box:

CLE   0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0	 0   6   1

MIL   2  0  0  0  1  0  0  0  x	 3   6   0

W: Tomo Ohka (2-3) L: Jake Westbrook (3-9) S: Derrick Turnbow (16)

Indian Line:

Ramon Vazquez: 2/3, BB

Jason Michaels: 2/3, BB

Box Score

indianbannerfinal2.jpg

Minor League Call Ups

The Indians have called up CF Chris Roberson from AAA Buffalo. Chris was aquired from the Phillies organization earlier this year and has been batting over .350 in AAA ball, so with Peralta on the DL the Indians would like to give him a chance and see how he does. He will come off the bench but coach Eric Wedge says he has plans to start him a few games when he can.

On the other side of things the Indians pitching staff has had a change. The #5 guy for the Indians [Adam Miller 5.67 ERA] was called down to AAA Buffalo to give Jeremy Guthrie a chance to show his stuff. Wedge said the move was made for 2 reasons - To let Miller rest a blister on his hand in Buffalo where he doesn't have to go all out. And also as a result of Millers high ERA and 1-4 record.

indianbannerfinal2.jpg

Indians Continue Losing Ways, But Avoid Sweep

Byrd Solid, but Capuano is Stellar

June 19th, 2006: Chicago Cubs (37-32) @ Cleveland Indians (37-33)

Box:

CHC   0  0  0  0  2  1  0  2  2	 7   15  1

CLE   0  1  2  0  0  0  0  0  2	 5   13  0
W: Greg Maddux (5-6) L: C.C. Sabathia (7-3) Indian Line: Victor Martinez: 4/4, 2B, HR, RBI Chris Roberson: 2/4, RBI, 2R Box Score
Byrd Helps Indians Avoid Sweep June 20th, 2006: Chicago Cubs (38-32) @ Cleveland Indians (37-34)
Box:

CHC   0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0	 0   5   0

CLE   0  0  0  0  0  0  5  0  0	 5   7   0

W: Paul Byrd (9-3) L: Carlos Zambrano (7-5)

Indian Line:

Travis Hafner: 1/3, HR, 4 RBI

Chris Roberson: 2/2, 2 BB, RBI

Box Score

**Click on Recap for Box Scores**

6228zu.jpg

Indians Rebound to Take Next 2 From Reds

Even if Westbrook is having a horrible season so far, there was no way to tell by his performance against the Reds in game 2. Westbrook pitched 7 strong innings and let up only 2 runs on 5 hits as the Indians won 8-2. Box Score

Jeremy Guthrie had another great game and picked up his first major league win in only his second start of his career. Guthrie went 7 innings and was solid as he let in only 3 runs. He was backed up by home runs to Ron Belliard and Travis Hafner as the Indians took the game 9-4. Box Score

Well I am going to recap most series like that - Prolly play one game with a nice recap, then two quick little recaps for the other games and a link to the box score.

Also I will be simming a lot more games, to keep me from getting bored of this and to get us to the playoffs faster so we have more fun and stuff.

I am still here though guys - More updates faster too, I have just had a couple busy days - Grad Parties, girls, etc.. etc... ;)

Indians Take 2 From Cardinals

Game 1: Sabathia struggled early, letting up 6 runs (4 earned) in 5 innings, but the rest of the team picked him up. The bullpen pitched strong the rest of the way and a Casey Blake base clearning triple in the 8th tied the game up at 7. The game went into the 10th when Kelly Shoppach got the go-ahead single which was followed by a sac-fly by pitcher Guillermo Mota to bring the tribe up 9-7. Mota pitched an uneventful bottom to get the win.

W: 9-7

Box Score

Game 2: Paul Byrd got alittle bit of tough luck in tonights game. He only let in 2 runs, but still picked up the loss. This tough luck was brought on by Cardinals starter Sidney Ponson who threw a rare gem. Ponson baffled the Indians all night long as he went 8 strong innings and let up only 4 hits. The sole Indian run came from a solo HR by Jason Michaels in the 3rd.

L: 2-1

Box Score

Game 3: Danny Haren showed up his critics tonight by pitching the best game of his career. Haren pitched a 2 hitter and lasted 8 very strong innings. He let in one run on a Gary Bennet RBI double, but that was his only mistake. Victor Martinez and Ramon Vazquez knocked in the only runs, as the Cardinals got the tough luck loss tonight.

W: 2-1

Box Score

6302zw.jpg

Rest of Series

Game 1: The Indians definatly capitalized on a poor day from Reds starter Brandon Claussen. They exploded for 15 runs which made the Reds 8 runs seem like nothing. Grady Sizemore had a great night, going 4/6 with a double and a season high 5 RBI's.

Box Score

Game 3: One big inning is all it takes to win a game - The Indians had a 5 run 3rd inning which proved to be too much for the Reds as the Indians swept one of baseball's hottest teams. Victor Martinez smacked his first ever Grand Slam in the 3rd inning. C.C. Sabathia put in a solid effort, letting in only 3 earned runs in 8 innings.

Box Score

724ur.jpg

Rest of Series

Game 2: The Indians finally put it together and beat the Yankees for just the second time this year. Danny Haren pitched his 2nd straight good game, going only 5.2 innings, but letting in only 1 run with 4 strikeouts. He was supported by another Grand Slam by Victor Martinez, his 2nd in less than a week.

Box Score

Game 3: While Jake Westbrook was better than he has been this year, he still isn't as good as he needs to be. The Yankees just edged Westbrook for 5 runs (4 earned) in 5 innings of work. Victor Martinez kept on his hot streak, hitting another HR in tonights game to bring his season total to 16.

Box Score

Game 4: Rookie Jeremy Guthrie pitched the best game of his career tonight, going 8 innings of shutout ball against the Yankees - A feat which no other Indians start has come close to doing this year. Unfortunatly it was wasted when in the 9th an RBI double by Alex Rodriguez put the Yankees ahead and gave Huston Street his first loss of the year.

Box Score

Indians Finish out First Half With The O's

Game 1: The Indians were down by in the 8th, but they fought hard to tie it on a 2-RBI double by Victor Martinez. The game went on into extra innings but in the 11th Danny Graves couldn't quite hold back Javy Lopez as he hit his 3rd double of the night to knock in the go-ahead run. Cleveland couldnt get anything in the bottom of the inning and took the hard loss.

L: 4-3

Box Score

Game 2: Paul Byrd struggled once again, he let up 2 runs in the 1st, 2 more in the 3rd, and let up another 2 more in the 5th before getting yanked. On the other side Orioles starter Bruce Chen enjoyed a smooth game as he spread out 8 hits in 5 innings without letting in any runs.

L: 7-2

Box Score

Game 3: Danny Haren just having heard he made the AL All-Star Roster put in another solid effort to thank his fans. Haren went 6 strong innings and let up only 1 run on an RBI single by Corey Paterson. He was backed up by HR's by Victor Martinez (17), Ben Broussard (6), and Travis Hafner (26).

W: 8-1

Box Score

First Half Wrap-up...

The Indians have had their shares of ups and downs; of bad games and great games. They recently have to deal with the injury of star shortstop Jhonny Peralta (who is expected to be out for another month), but a combination of Ramon Vazquez, Andy Marte, and Aaron Boone have filled in nicely in his place. The Tribe are atop the AL Central with a 47-41 record, but are only 1.5 games ahead of 2nd place Kansas City Royals.

Team Stats...

Click Here for Team Stats

MLB Standings...

Click Here for MLB Standings

Archived