Fenway Park v.2.0 released!

The Big O

After many hours spent on this mod and recieving positive results from the beta testers. I have released Fenway v.2.0.

Needless to say I have spent hundreds of hours on this mod to try to emulate all the changes that happened to the park for the 2006 season and also cleaning up and addressing problems that were in the previous versions so a donation for my efforts via Paypal at jtrea81@adelphia.net would be very much appreciated.

Now an announcement...

I have decided to retire from modding at this point. There are a few reasons for this. I started out doing this for the fun of it. Oriole Park was my only mod and the one I concentrated on the most to start with back in the days of High Heat. I moved on to Olympic Stadium and attempted to try Olympic again for MVP when I made the switch but I ran into problems and it fizzled out. After two versions of Oriole Park for MVP04 and then 05, when I heard Ezorn wasn't doing Fenway Park, I decided to take over and try to create something as well as he did, and I think I did that but at a price. My personal life has taken quite a hit and I think I have actually become somewhat obsessed with modding. It had basically taken over all my free time, and as most of you know I am married so that isn't a good thing for a relationship. I tried to convince myself and my wife that all this time and effort I had sunk into each mod would be reimbursed with not only praise by the MVPmods community but also $ as well in the form of donations. Well 14000+ downloads later (including all my mods for the MVP series) there was little to no $ compensation recieved and I wondered why, and that is when I realized I was doing this for the wrong reasons and what I had really accomplished - some great mods but a weakend marriage.

So I have chosen to hang it up for now. I will still follow the site and try to help out fellow modders when I can. Obviously my Fort Lauderdale project will be shelved. I may pull a Clemens however if I feel the time is right to return and continue to give you guys the most up to date Oriole Park mod that exists but for now I ask all of you to respect my work and leave it as my interpretation of these stadiums and to try to come up with something from scratch that is better than mine - the community will only benefit from it.

Thanks for all your comments and I hope you continue to download and use all the mods that I have created. But most importantly...

Enjoy! :wink:

Your work has always been some of the most strictly accurate and visually stunning. I completely understand why you are giving up on modding. When you start to find that you are still staring at verts at 4:45 am and have to be up at 8, you realize it may be time to take a step back.

Someday I hope you come back, if only to continue to update these wonderful mods you've done.

great work..i applaud your efforts, and i feel the same way, im trying to get into modding more outside of cyberfaces and i started realizing its summer and im spending a lot of time on my computer and i need to get out more, its addicting..thanks for your works

I know how you feel. I am getting married G_D willing in a couple of months myself. I know I am going to have to slow down because of this.

But as you said, your family needs to come first. Let me thank you for the work you have done. It is much appreciated from my end. Good luck with the rest of your life.

Modding is a lot of fun, especially you did something that many people love them. Even the time we spent cannot payback in substance equally, it's still a great experience. Earnning my own life with my interest is great happiness, if I can't, just leave interests be interests, and earnnig be earnning.

Your time spent is much appreciated by many many people, that will become great fortune in your life for sure.

Sad to see you go, Big O. I've been out all day and just got home, so I haven't checked out Fenway 2.0 yet, but I'm sure, like the rest of your work, it's great.

I'll send you an e-mail once I'm caught up on today's events.

Anyway, thanks for everything, man. You're a baseball gaming mod legend. Best of luck.

Hey BigO,

Great job! Thanks for everything. Family first!

One thing with the latest Fenway night version. Collision detection on the Green Monster problem.

I hit a ball just above the AL East Division standings board. It was in the lighter colored green border around sign where it hit and disappeared. It was a soft line drive on way down. It reappeared in the R of the Red Sox and was played by the LF. Basically the ball just disappeared for a second, not doing anything to change the play or ball physics of the play.

The same thing was happening to me, when I did stadium modding. I'm not married, but I got on the CPU at 4pm, doing some stuff, when I mad progress I looked up, it was 7pm. I became centered on that, so I gave up stadium modding. That is the most brutal type fo modding. I hope you will still mod stuff, but not stuff that is so time consuming.

For me, I set aside time just for modding. I never mod before 9PM and I never go past 2AM. (12 if it was school year).

That way I can enjoy the outside and do the things I always do. When it rains, that's a different story. I get bored out of my mind so I mod. But other than that I stick to those rules. Works for me.

The game crashes to desktop when I try to play.. I'm playing in a dynasty with the Jays and it has worked up to this point. It shows the loading bar and when it gets to the end the game will just crash to the desktop.

the games crashes for me too :(

the games crashes for me too :(

I'm sorry to hear the mod isn't working for you two. A few questions:

Which version crashes?

What are your system specs?

What do you have installed for mods besides MVP 06 beta?

I've beta tested and those people didn't seem to have any major problems so I'm a little curious what could be causing it.

I don't have MVP 06 mod installed.. I have UR 6.5 plus and KC's unis as well as Total Portraits, that is all

Ok so it isn't all the cyberfaces then, so it has to be the portraits, rosters or unis combined with the mod. As I asked before, what are your system specs - high end or low end graphics card? Also, did you try bumping down the resolution and seeing if that worked? And finally which version is crashing: dusk or night or both?

Archived