TOTAL CLASSICS 3.0 COMPLETED!

fuzzone

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fuzz,

Depends on what direction you'd like with the Padres. A weak expansion version could come from 1969 or the early 70s. Their first winning season was 1978 and had stars like Winfield, Ozzie Smith, Gaylord Perry, Rollie Fingers, and Mickey Lolich.

The best seasons record/success wise would be the NL pennant years of 1984 and 1998 or the Division title of 1996. Looks like the 1984 team is in Alex, Capa, et al's classic roster set. The 1984 uni's are unlockables in the game, and there is a nice set of the 1978 uni's by rolie and Yank on the downloads here. My personal vote would be for 1984 as they played the Tigers and Cubs in the playoffs that year and those franchises are my two favorites, although 78 or 98 would be cool as well. Keep releasing 78 teams and maybe a roster file could evolve of just that year.

Would be glad to help do some portraits or logos if you'd like.

78 and 84..lol..lets do both. no padres teams at all in total classics.

gather up the photos. if there's someone out there who has or would like to whip up the 1978 met file, feel free

we'll make the 84 padres since there's an 84 tigers and 84 mets and 78 because they were just kick *** and rolie's uniforms are..well kick ***.

09 Pirates and 97 Mariners done.

should be done with the next 2 tomorrow unless i start another set tonight.

Edit: done with the 1970 Orioles and im giving a 3 alpha variety for the main logo like i did for the 1905 Giants and GasHouse Gang.

I redid the 1909 Pirates even tho deadballs efforts were pretty good, i didn't like the color scheme.

97 Mariners--i tried something new with the logos and i think you folks will like it. I'll post screenshots tomorrow.

im skipping over the 92 blue jays for now since i have the portraits, but there arent any player ids assigned to them and doesnt correspond with an met file.

so i guess only one left to do is:

1968 Cards

I have about 8 more teams done, if you would like to put them on your 2.5 update.

1902 Pirates

1929 Athletics

1939 Yankees

1942 Cardinals

1946 Red Sox

1955 Dodgers

1970 Orioles

1975 Reds

I have all mvpedit stuff done. I just need to get the .fsh files and logos done.

no more yankee teams. way too many complaints. 1970 orioles i believe deadball finished so you should see what he's got or if he even started.

no more pirate teams and mindwarped i believe is working on the 75 reds so you should talk to him. 1957 dodgers are done so i don't know how different they are.

there are only 8 spots left and i'm hoping i can get two padre teams in here. so basically 6-8...

drays, you should send whatever you have done my way and let me know if u need logos for a team or so. that's if you want my help, otherwise, upload those team packs bro.

Hi all,

Well, I had a long post written but I deleted it before submitting. The short of it comes to I personally wouldn't mind the 39 Yanks, 55 Dodgers, and 75 Reds to replace the 41 Yanks (still debating, might use a modern Yanks team slot, fictional teams, or all star teams), 57 Dodgers, 77 Reds. All 3 former teams won the Series and were better record wise than the latter.

There are as many if not more Red Sox teams as Yankees but I take it there are more Red Sox fans than Yankees fans on the classic circuit? Having said that, the 46 Red Sox will be a welcome 40s team as that decade is thinly represented.

The 29 A's (essentially a 30s team with their success in 30 & 31 as well) and 42 Cards will be sweet.

My next pack will be a surprise. My hint is that it's a 19th century team. Will not be done for the 2.5 release as I'm working on the 78 & 84 Padres portraits at the moment.

Fuzz, were there logos done for the 35 Crawfords yet? That'd be another team logo set to have done before the 2.5 release. And did you receive my Misc Classic portraits zip file the other week ? It had a few more Crawford portraits in there among other teams.

Guest Mindwarped

Hi all,

Well, I had a long post written but I deleted it before submitting. The short of it comes to I personally wouldn't mind the 39 Yanks, 55 Dodgers, and 75 Reds to replace the 41 Yanks (still debating, might use a modern Yanks team slot, fictional teams, or all star teams), 57 Dodgers, 77 Reds. All 3 former teams won the Series and were better record wise than the latter.

what is wrong with the 77 Reds? Foster 52 HR season the only player in the 70's to hit 50+ HR, Tom Seaver. only thing missing is Tony Perez if you can have 4400 yankee's teams you can have 4 reds teams.

yeah, i personally agree with mindwarped. just because the team isnt a world series winning team doesn't mean they were great or more memorable.

example, 73 Angels.

the year may signify a milestone for a few players and that alone is worth remembering.

regarding the crawfords, i havent done the logos for it. Didn't even remember it got released.

We are running out of slots. I believe after

78 and 84 Padres, 1910 As, 1970 Os, 1968 Cards, 1909 Tigers, 1909 Pirates, 1908 cubs, and 1997 Mariners

there are only 6 more team slots left. I'd have to go back and check, but im pretty sure.

Guest Mindwarped

yeah, i personally agree with mindwarped. just because the team isnt a world series winning team doesn't mean they were great or more memorable.

example, 73 Angels.

the year may signify a milestone for a few players and that alone is worth remembering.

regarding the crawfords, i havent done the logos for it. Didn't even remember it got released.

We are running out of slots. I believe after

78 and 84 Padres, 1910 As, 1970 Os, 1968 Cards, 1909 Tigers, 1909 Pirates, 1908 cubs, and 1997 Mariners

there are only 6 more team slots left. I'd have to go back and check, but im pretty sure.

4 more

75 reds

All time reds

97 Mariners team pack is uploaded. check read me for specs. Mindwarped created met file and portraits. I made the logos.

preview of 97 mariners logo down below. Strung together a few i also liked. might become my sig too :)

I've also included 3 versions of the main 1970 Orioles logos(diff. alphas) tell me what you think.

let me know what you guys think about the 1909 Pirates logo.

fullfrontal.jpg

no more yankee teams. way too many complaints...

no more pirate teams and mindwarped i believe is working on the 75 reds so you should talk to him. 1957 dodgers are done so i don't know how different they are.

what is wrong with the 77 Reds? Foster 52 HR season the only player in the 70's to hit 50+ HR, Tom Seaver. only thing missing is Tony Perez if you can have 4400 yankee's teams you can have 4 reds teams.

4 more

75 reds

All time reds

example, 73 Angels.

My apologies if I sounded too much like a basher of the 77 Reds. I wasn't so much bashing them as defending the 75 Reds and didn't see the need for two versions of the Big Red Machine.

You make a valid point about individual season performances. The 77 season for Foster and Seaver were very good (Foster's finest, prolly in Seaver's top 5 overall and tied for best as a Red w/ 1981).

How are you setting up your all time Reds team? Is it based on career stats or is a player's ratings/stats based on his best season with the franchise? If the latter, George Foster 77 and Tom Seaver 77 or 81 could be preserved on the all time Reds and keep that slot could open for 1975 as the representative for the Big Red Machine and keep another slot open for other teams.

It could be applied to some other teams as well. Fuzz used the 73 Angels as an example. The few excellent performances on the 73 Angels (most notably Ryan's K record) could be preserved on an all time Angels team. Some of the 85 and late 90s Yanks could be put on the all time Yankees team. Ted Williams' .406 in 1941 and Jimmie Foxx 1938 on a Red Sox all time team could free up that slot for the '46 team. Or combine some of them and do an all time team for a decade (70s come to mind) or era (deadball era: before 1920, for example) with players' best individual seasons. Or maybe the best players of the worst teams in history (mostly expansion teams) could combine the 62 Mets, 03 Tigers, 69 Pilots, 77 Blue Jays, etc. Maybe two teams, one for each league's basement dwellers

All time franchise, decade/era, or theme teams could be a way to fill many if not all of the major league slots and save the AAA & AA slots for great pennant or near pennant teams while preserving great individual seasons or great players in general. The next logical step after 60 would be 90 wouldn't it? :)

Just a few more thoughts and comments ...

Deadballfan

P.S. -- Does the free team slot count include the two spaces for the forum fanatics and MVPmod teams?

Deadballfan

P.S. -- Does the free team slot count include the two spaces for the forum fanatics and MVPmod teams?

forum fanatics and mod squad are part of the total classics.lol.

i have no plans on including all-time teams like an all-time reds team in total classics AA(AT) slot.

it just wouldnt fit in with the 56 other individual single season teams.

mindwarped,i like ur mariners pack man.

Guest Mindwarped

How are you setting up your all time Reds team? Is it based on career stats or is a player's ratings/stats based on his best season with the franchise? If the latter, George Foster 77 and Tom Seaver 77 or 81 could be preserved on the all time Reds and keep that slot could open for 1975 as the representative for the Big Red Machine and keep another slot open for other teams.

To be on one of my all time teams a player had to player more games for that team then any other. I then took that players best season on that team and imported it in to a roster using MVPedit. And it do not just pick the 25 best players, I pick the best player for each position.

Bench

Concepcion

Davis

Derringer

Dibble

Donohue

Foster

Griffey Sr.

Groh

Gullett

Kluszewski

Larkin

Lombardi

Luque

Maloney

Morgan

Nuxhall

Perez

Rijo

Rixey

Robinson

Rose

Roush

Vander Meer

Walters

Seaver did not make the team he played more games for the Mets and his best season with the Mets was 1971

Guest Mindwarped

i think i have an met from capa/alextony and photos from alextony

im too lazy to make the fsh and assign portraits to the met. anyone interested in doing that? I'll send over what i got. give me ur email.

send me the pictures, I'll do it, no alphas but at least it will be portraits.

Zip it up and upload it to the ftp

Guest Mindwarped

send me the pictures, I'll do it, no alphas but at least it will be portraits.

Zip it up and upload it to the ftp

Got them, done making the fsh files, check PM

Archived