TOTAL CLASSICS 3.0 COMPLETED!

fuzzone

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

logos for the gas house gang are done.

5 or so more teams, and i'll release an update.

Hey don and Tony, would either of you like to help make this roster as accurate as possible? Feel free to tweak the MBE and send it my way.

First off want to say thank you to all you modders.

Not since I played Earl Weaver Baseball on the Commordore Amiga have I enjoyed a baseball game that could replicate classic baseball and look good doing it.

I'm also a very huge fan of deadball era baseball,and look foward to enjoying

any upcomming mods that represent that era.

I would like to try my hand at creating some teams as well,but my lack of computer knowledge is holding me back somewhat.

anyway just wanted to say please keep up the great work,and turn your attention to a book I recently picked up that may greatly aid anyone interested in deadball era players/teams

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...nce&s=books

I just reuploaded the 1905 Giants and 1934 Cardinals with the logos in tact.

I've given a transparency option for the main logo's of both packs. Basically, you can choose which one you like over the other. You'll see what im talking about.

hope to see more packages from you guys, but seems like the scenes slowing down greatly.

i just a baseball game league that comes in tact with stats and everything. Check it out, www.homerunleague.net, thats been keeping be entertained.

Guest Mindwarped

hope to see more packages from you guys, but seems like the scenes slowing down greatly.

Something Wicked This Way Comes

I'll have alot more time to work on it once school starts back up,

Even you will be impressed, preliminary results are impressive, two portrait files, to models files, to set of rosters all installed at the same time. If you was the regular MVP you run MVP2004.exe if you want something a little different you run CLASSIC.exe

Downside is, it will be a huge file to download, If I break it down to smaller optional files it will be harder to explain how to install and which CLASSIC.exe to use. If I release it as just one set in one RAR file all you would have to do is copy it over and there would only be ONE CLASSIC.exe

I've been thinking of doing the 1935 Pittsburgh Crawfords (possibly the greatest negro league team). Satch, Josh Gibson, Cool Papa Bell, Oscar Charleston, and Judy Johnson were all on the team. The only problem is I can only find 18 players on the roster.

1-Would anyone be intersted in this team package?

2-For the 4 extra players, I'll just look for players on their roster from 1932-37.

Hi all,

Fuzz, the logos for the Cards and Giants are incredible, good job !

DRay, nice job on the Cards roster, I played a few games between the Giants and Cards to test fuzz's logos and the uniforms. The games were both really good. Mathewson outdueled Dean (Cards 5-6-7 kept giving Matty trouble but then he'd get Martin and Dean to wiggle off the hook) and then Tex Carlton (with some help from Haines in the 9th) outdueled McGinnity. Will have to play the "other Dean" vs. Ames later in the rubber game of the series. :)

There was one thing I noticed. The first game had Pepper Martin's head/face a lot darker than the rest of his light skin. In MVPEdit, his face was set to 490, so I changed it to 492 and he matched again. Just wondered if it was just something on my system or if the met needs to be changed. My 490 file may be different than others or something.

I really like the idea of the Crawfords. It's another 30s team which would be a nice addition to the Classics and it's mostly the great negro leaguers who didn't reach the majors or those who did were well past their prime (Paige). And it wouldn't hurt at all to add some of their team from other years or maybe even any other HOF caliber negro leaguers for a 1930s negro league all stars.

MW, sounds cool, especially as we're filling up the AA teams and maybe even in time the MLB teams would need to be replaced. A double system with all the logos/uniforms/rosters in place for both Total Classic and 2004/5 org's with full minors would be sweeeeet.

Deadballfan

Jim

P.S. Thanks for the kind words, Double XX.

crawfords is a good idea. Keep the packages coming.

warped bro, u mind um..releasing the 97 Mariners and the other team pack we discussed.

Any team, any era, any league, make the met, string together some portraits, and see if u can make logos..if not, i'll string together some logos.

34Cards-Package.jpg

05Giants-Package.jpg

Drays, well done on the Crawfords. Tested them out for a few innings and it was very good. Hope to play them against the Gashouse Gang and the two closest Yankees teams this weekend.

Will be uploading the 1909 Pirates and 1910 Athletics (both with fsh portraits, each team missing one player's picture) late tonight or early tomorrow sometime along with the 05 Giants final. Changed a few ways on how I determined certain ratings like speed and the hitting blue/red/blank area, so then I made the changes to the Giants met file to stay consistent.

Will try to find some logo pics for you, fuzz. Shall I post the graphics here or send a zip attachment to your email?

About Uniforms:

The 1916 uniform for the Pirates included with the game is very similar to the uni used in 1907 and 1911 with a P on the left pocket, but a change was made during 1908-1910 without the P, and letters were on the sleeve.

The 1921 uniform for the A's included with the game has an elephant logo that has its roots in a remark made by John McGraw about the upstart team (and the rest of the young A.L.) back in 1903. Some team sweaters and other warmup wear during the 1900s and 1910s had the elephant logo but the game jerseys used a capital A through 1919 and again in the late 20s.

At this point I'll use the jerseys that are close. Anything is better than a minor league uni on the old time team. To be 100% accurate, new uni's would need to be made, but these two teams should be low on the uniform priority list compared to other packs.

Deadballfan

hey guys, if u plan on releasing more team packs, you mind sending them my way first at fuzzyfluid@aol.com so i can make the logos and upload the package with the logos all together or i can send it back to you so u can upload it.

it doesnt make sense to have people download the package twice, once without the logos and then with the logos. Just send me the package and give me like a day or 2 to make the logos and ill send it back to u.

that's if u want me to make logos.

Do the rosters have the 1992 or 1993 Blue Jays rosters?

hmm good idea. The roster has been completed by alextony and/or capa. If you find some pictures of the players of the teams, I can string together the portraits and put together the logos. That would be cool.

Archived