MVPMods Models.big Project

D-Unit

Do you like my idea?  

50 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • Leave it the way it is
    • I have a different idea (mention it in the thread)

This project is being put on hold until the 2007 season begins. The 2006 regular season is now over, and it would make more sense to continue this project for Opening Day 2007. That way, the prospect situation and manager situation would be easier to work with. Does it make sense?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I already stated that this project will be set for 2007. Now that the offseason is almost here, some people with cyberfaces might be retiring, and some prospects will shed their prospect status. And by prospect, I am referring to them not being on the Opening Day 25 man roster for 2007. I also might consider cutting down on the number of prospects, allowing some room for a few free agents that deserve a cyberface. But I probably won't cut it down too much. Keep your eyes peeled.

• 3 weeks later...

Now that Tywiggins' MVP Editor might have allowed the possibility of adding more cyberfaces, we might leave the current totals the same and then add on from there. Once again, I really need more people to take over team positions. And sorry to the guys who have already come up with 25 man rosters, the ones we need to use for 2007 will need to be Opening Day 2007 rosters. I still need team leaders for cyberfaces and the general idea of who is a prospect and who doesn't have a face and deserves one, etc.

No problem. You can start off with the Tigers, and you mean the rosters, right? No big deal about waiting till Free Agency, but I just want this thing rolling before it starts so I can get a good jump on the 2007 season, I wanna put this models.big thing out before the season starts.

And the models.big contains faces and jerseys right?

No problem. You can start off with the Tigers, and you mean the rosters, right? No big deal about waiting till Free Agency, but I just want this thing rolling before it starts so I can get a good jump on the 2007 season, I wanna put this models.big thing out before the season starts.

And the models.big contains faces and jerseys right?

Yeah I mean the rosters unfortunately I STILL don't know how to make cyberfaces

Don't worry, I feel your pain. I wish I could make a face. There have been several times that I opened up jogar's tutorial to learn how to make faces, and as soon as I read everything about O-Edit, and all the tools in photoshop and the blending and the cloning...I just give the computer screen a blank stare and say "Wha........."

I just asked for permission of faces, uniforms, and accessories from a few people on this site for use in the models.big. Hopefully they will all accept which would be great for all people who use the models.big in the future.

Totte, I thought about that, but the suggestions I prefer would cause a total overhaul of his models.big, and I don't want to take control of someone else's project like that. I don't mean to sound snobby like that, and I plan on starting this from scratch and alphabetize the names, teams, and numbers in order. I don't think Shmooz would want to do that much work while he tries to update his current models.big.

Totte, I thought about that, but the suggestions I prefer would cause a total overhaul of his models.big, and I don't want to take control of someone else's project like that. I don't mean to sound snobby like that, and I plan on starting this from scratch and alphabetize the names, teams, and numbers in order. I don't think Shmooz would want to do that much work while he tries to update his current models.big.

Ok :wtg:

Anyway, good to know that the thought crossed your mind:)

What a pointless waste of time and bandwidth, Big Schmooz already has a models.big set, there's nothing to be gained from duplicating what he has already done.

and what, if you went through with this, you'd expect kgbaseball & Totte to have to release a third version of their rosters with every update they do?

The plus & standard system seems to work out perfectly fine right now without adding a third unnecessary option into the equation.

I was about to ask if I could receive permission from those guys to use their rosters and create another alternative, though taking a lot of work would not be useless. I applaud you for speaking your mind but try not sounding so harsh with your words. If that were to work out, I would change the face numbers in MVPEdit on the rosters myself, they have done enough work on the roster, I could handle that task.

But, you constantly put harsh words on me nonetheless on all topics. Take a chill pill. I respect if you don't prefer my option, you don't have to shoot it down.

Actually, since big shmooz's models.big is going to be exclusively for UR ;), there is actually going to be another models.big that KG and I are underway on. Three of these things is going to be nuts...

Remember you have to obtain a butt load of permission to use the faces, but otherwise it'll be a go.

Anyway, if you actually go through with this D-Unit, I'll let you use my 2007 roster for your models.big, in fact it could be your own like what Shmooz did with version 2.35 of UR for a long time.

Here's an idea that I just had that I think has some potential:

Have a folder with all of the cyberfaces in it, with each file being named after the player's photo id.

Then I could possible have my MVP2005 Editor allow you to choose which faces you want in your models.big file. It would then make the changes to the models.big, and then change the face number for each player to match(and give all other players a generic face number).

Actually, since big shmooz's models.big is going to be exclusively for UR ;), there is actually going to be another models.big that KG and I are underway on. Three of these things is going to be nuts...

WTF?

Why?

The idea behind the player id system I set up for portraits/audio was that they would be compatible across all rosters for portrait/audio makers, it seems a little nuts that a similiar thing can't be done for cyberfaces. (yes, I know that there is a 900 face limit)

SwinginSoriano, I suggest if you are going to be forced to make another models.big that unlike D-Unit's proposal you keep the same face ids for already existing players that are in EA's default version - Soriano is face 48, A-Rod is face 5, Derrek Lee is face 255 etc etc

that'd work for every guy who's audio id isn't 901-945 :)

If THAT could be done, MVP 2005 will have a looooong future

It should work for them as well. I guess I forgot to mention that the files would be renamed by the program before they were imported into the models.big.

Heres my Reds List wat do u guys think?

Player Name/Face

Bronson Arroyo/Yes

Rich Aurilia/Yes

Matt Belilse/Yes

Jaun Castro/No

Brandon Claussen/Yes

Royce Clayton/Yes

Todd Coffey/Yes

Chris Denorfia/Yes

Adam Dunn/Yes

Edwin Encarnacion/Yes

Ryan Freel/Yes

Ken Griffey Jr./Yes

Eddie Gaurdado/Yes

Aaron Harang/Yes

Scott Hatteberg/Yes

Jason Larue/Yes

Gary Majewski/Yes

Joe Mays/Yes

Kent Mercker/Yes

Eric Milton/Yes

Brandon Phillips/Yes

David Ross/No

Javier Valentin/Yes

David Weathers/Yes

LEFT OUT BILL BRAY(he doesnt need a face)

Prospects

Player Name/Face

Paul Wilson/Yes

William Bergolla/Yes

Ray Olmedo/Yes

Elizardo Ramirez/Yes

Miguel Perez/Yes

I am workin on some cyberface updates for some of those guys aswell so for cyber faces that u might want ask and give me some time and i will see wat i can do.

Eddie Gaurdado should be a NO he will not play in 2007 (tommy john) and if he comes back at the end of the season it will not be with the reds anyway

WTF?

Why?

The idea behind the player id system I set up for portraits/audio was that they would be compatible across all rosters for portrait/audio makers, it seems a little nuts that a similiar thing can't be done for cyberfaces. (yes, I know that there is a 900 face limit)

That was something that was Big Shmooz's and Totte's decision. Totte wanted a 'leg up' on the roster community so Big Shmooz's models.big remains exclusive to UR... I respect them both despite disagreeing with their decision. KG and myself are underway for a new models.big (we are only going to have a models folder with the CF numbers in it due to 200 megabytes for the whole .big being a bit extreme).

SwinginSoriano, I suggest if you are going to be forced to make another models.big that unlike D-Unit's proposal you keep the same face ids for already existing players that are in EA's default version - Soriano is face 48, A-Rod is face 5, Derrek Lee is face 255 etc etc

That's what KG and I have planned right now, other face numbers may change though due to us having a different selections. KG and I don't have all the minor details hammered out yet (like whether to include manager faces, which I think is essential but KG thinks more player faces are essential). IMHO, an universal system would be best but times are a changin' here. Anyway, we might see v1.4 of KG's roster with the new face numbers in the near future anyway.

Archived