MVPMods Models.big Project

D-Unit

Do you like my idea?  

50 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • Leave it the way it is
    • I have a different idea (mention it in the thread)

Actually, since big shmooz's models.big is going to be exclusively for UR ;), there is actually going to be another models.big that KG and I are underway on. Three of these things is going to be nuts...

Remember you have to obtain a butt load of permission to use the faces, but otherwise it'll be a go.

Anyway, if you actually go through with this D-Unit, I'll let you use my 2007 roster for your models.big, in fact it could be your own like what Shmooz did with version 2.35 of UR for a long time.

If we have to have two, I vote for 3

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am working on making a new Models.big, hopefully I can get it done before 2007 starts. It will be a lot of work, all help appreciated.

I noticed that in the game, some teams have more cyberfaces than others, and that some minor leaguers i have never heard of have their own cyberfaces. Not to insult the makers of the faces, but some players don't deserve cyberfaces while others do. And I have a proposal that properly divides the number of cyberfaces so each team has cyberfaces equal to another:

24 cyberfaces for each MLB team (current 25-man rosters) = 720 faces

1 cyberface for each MLB manager = 30 faces

5 cyberfaces for prospects for each MLB team (one team gets 4, there are 899 face ID's if I am correct) = 149 faces

720 + 30 + 149 = 899

Does anyone catch my drift and think this is a good idea? Or maybe some other possible brainstorm? Let me know.

I have permission from the following people to use their faces and whatnot in this project:

Thr33nil - Faces

So here is what I have so far on who controls what team, if you have any questions regarding these teams, contact these people:

ChicagoCubs720 - Chicago Cubs

Guest - Oakland A's

angryrat - Chicago White Sox

adam2kennedy - Anaheim Angels

abless90 - Cincinnatti Reds

mvp643dp - San Francisco Giants

pdub - Los Angeles Dodgers

pistonj92 - Detroit Tigers

This is for roster regards. If you want to go for the cyberfaces of players which don't already have one, let me and the team "guru" know.

If you are in charge of a team, you need to find the 25 man rosters, and which 24 of those players deserve a cyberface. Then find the top 5 prospects from each MLB team that deserve a cybverface (if they are in the majors now, do not count them as prospects. For example, Francisco Liriano was a prospect entering the season but now is in the majors and therefore is no longer a prospect for this project.). If I need any more areas to be addressed, you will know.

I did that once for the 06 mod (very early on) but never released it, I assumed at the rate Big Shmooz and totte were releasing their files people would get confused.

I would if I was you assign each team a block of 30 face #s. You get 900 faces not 899 (1-900)

UP to for 24 MLB (not all teams have 24 faces made)

1 Manager

5 or more (depending on # of MLB faces) for minors

That way the person in charge of each team can go ahead and rename the face files and send them to you.

PLEASE NOTE, a lot of the faces that have been released DO NOT look better than EA's default faces

If you want to include this with the 07 mod, We already have the faces modders permission to use their faces.

Since someone already took the Reds I can do the Indians.

I can also now make a program that converts a standard roster into one that works with this models.big file something I could not do at the time I did a models.big like this.

I'm all for this, mainly because I never play minor league games

Sounds great Kraw, though for the actual player listing, I would like to make the numbers 1-900 go through the teams alphabetically. Say if the Arizona Diamondbacks had 23 faces, 1-23 would be Diamondbacks, followed by the next team, etc. all the way to the Washington Nationals, who say had 24 faces, would go from 877-900. And I would like it to be included for the 07 mod, if this gets done on time.

kraw - Why don't you post the spreadsheet you did for the older models.big you were working on, and use that as a base.

If the thing about Big Schmooz's big not being allowed to be used for anything other than Ultimate Rosters is true, than I am all for this project,

Although I prefer UR over SS/kg's rosters any day of the week, I don't like the idea of obstructing other's people's roster mods for no reason other than egotism.

Just don't call it "D-Unit's models.big" because that smacks of egotism, and he didn't create any of the faces, the cyberface modders did all the real work.

Could all rosters use these faces hypothetically? Will D-Unit release an excel after every release?

Well, that's the idea I would think,

Same as with Total Audio & Total Portraits, they can be used with any roster as long as they follow the player id list.

If tywiggins makes one then we can have 4 :)

My idea was to to put all of the faces in a folder named after the player's photoid. I don't intend to make a models.big available for download.

This would allow each person to easily create their own models.big with my editor. The editor would then change the face numbers in the game's memory to match the new models.big.

My idea was to to put all of the faces in a folder named after the player's photoid. I don't intend to make a models.big available for download.

This would allow each person to easily create their own models.big with my editor. The editor would then change the face numbers in the game's memory to match the new models.big.

what did you do about players with more than one face released

what did you do about players with more than one face released

Well, I obviously haven't done it yet (and really don't intend to, someone else could take care of that part)

2 options.

1. Either choose the best face

2. or include multiple faces, and allow the person to choose which one they want to use.

So is this what you are going to go with?

Arizona				1-30   

Atlanta					31-60  

Baltimore				  61-90  

Boston			 		91-120 

Chicago Cubs	   		121-150

Chicago White Sox		151-180

Cincinnati		 		181-210

Cleveland				  211-240

Colorado		   		241-270

Detroit					271-300

Florida					301-330

Houston					331-360