MVPMods Models.big Project

D-Unit

Do you like my idea?  

50 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • Leave it the way it is
    • I have a different idea (mention it in the thread)

I am working on making a new Models.big, hopefully I can get it done before 2007 starts. It will be a lot of work, all help appreciated.

I noticed that in the game, some teams have more cyberfaces than others, and that some minor leaguers i have never heard of have their own cyberfaces. Not to insult the makers of the faces, but some players don't deserve cyberfaces while others do. And I have a proposal that properly divides the number of cyberfaces so each team has cyberfaces equal to another:

24 cyberfaces for each MLB team (current 25-man rosters) = 720 faces

1 cyberface for each MLB manager = 30 faces

5 cyberfaces for prospects for each MLB team = 150 faces

720 + 30 + 150 = 900

Does anyone catch my drift and think this is a good idea? Or maybe some other possible brainstorm? Let me know.

I have permission from the following people to use their faces and whatnot in this project:

Thr33nil - Cyberfaces

8ball - Cyberfaces

Boricuapapi1885 - Cyberfaces

bigbully - Uniforms

KCCitystar - Uniforms, Cyberfaces

TheMadCap - Cyberfaces

Zach - Cyberfaces

rokcp99 - Cyberfaces

cornny - Cyberfaces

pj22708 - Cyberfaces

jogar84 - Cyberfaces

bodhiball - Cyberfaces

The_Jerk - Cyberfaces

So here is what I have so far on who controls what team, if you have any questions regarding these teams, contact these people:

ChicagoCubs720 - Chicago Cubs

Guest - Oakland A's

angryrat - Chicago White Sox

adam2kennedy - Anaheim Angels

abless90 - Cincinnatti Reds

mvp643dp - San Francisco Giants

pdub - Los Angeles Dodgers

pistonj92 - Detroit Tigers

D-Unit - New York Yankees

krawhitham - Cleveland Indians

krawhitham - St. Louis Cardinals

krawhitham - Pittsburgh Pirates

krawhitham - Milwaukee Brewers

krawhitham - Florida Marlins

This is for roster regards. If you want to go for the cyberfaces of players which don't already have one, let me and the team "guru" know.

If you are in charge of a team, you need to find the 25 man rosters, and which 24 of those players deserve a cyberface. Then find the top 5 prospects from each MLB team that deserve a cybverface (if they are in the majors now, do not count them as prospects. For example, Francisco Liriano was a prospect entering the season but now is in the majors and therefore is no longer a prospect for this project.). If I need any more areas to be addressed, you will know.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

in theory the idea is good but I'd personally prefer that the guy that makes this one (forgot name sorry) gets his stuff together after the lightning damage and then simply finishes what needs to be finished and releases it.

this sounds like extra work that probably doesnt add that much extra.

ok lemme try again :)

the idea itself is good but I voted to keep it as it is now.

The creator of the mod currently has problems with his hardware at home due to lightning so that results in us waiting long untill this is released.

your idea will result in extra work as well so it would take more time to get it released and personally I'm waiting for this mod to start my 2006 dynasty ;)

your idea will result in extra work as well so it would take more time to get it released and personally I'm waiting for this mod to start my 2006 dynasty ;)

I don't think DUnit is talking about delaying the '06 mod to do this. All he's asking is if you like the idea of whether or not the faces should be assigned to just a set group of players per team.

I noticed that in the game, some teams have more cyberfaces than others, and that some minor leaguers i have never heard of have their own cyberfaces. Not to insult the makers of the faces, but some players don't deserve cyberfaces while others do. And I have a proposal that properly divides the number of cyberfaces so each team has cyberfaces equal to another:

24 cyberfaces for each MLB team (current 25-man rosters) = 720 faces

1 cyberface for each MLB manager = 30 faces

5 cyberfaces for prospects for each MLB team (one team gets 4, there are 899 face ID's if I am correct) = 149 faces

720 + 30 + 149 = 899

Does anyone catch my drift and think this is a good idea? Or maybe some other possible brainstorm? Let me know.

great idea! i'd start out by making a list of all 25-man rosters and deciding who deserves the 24 faces. keep the manager faces. then decide what 5 prospects of each team get faces. I think the team that only gets 4 faces should be the worst team in the MLB right now (Pirates/Royals)

Good point. But I will have to appoint people to control certain teams to find the deserving players. I will obviously take the Yankees, and any other spot is first come, first serve. Cubs720, would you mind taking the Cubs? If so, all you need to do is find the 24 deserving players on the MLB roster and the Cubs' 5 top prospects.

Good point. But I will have to appoint people to control certain teams to find the deserving players. I will obviously take the Yankees, and any other spot is first come, first serve. Cubs720, would you mind taking the Cubs? If so, all you need to do is find the 24 deserving players on the MLB roster and the Cubs' 5 top prospects.

ok. I also post whether or not the players actually have cyberfaces already.

It'll be interesting how you decide who is going to make all the faces that need to be made. Most cyberface makers have their own agendas and don't deal much with requests. Many faces are going to have to be made if this were to become a reality. You'd also be deleting a lot of faces of people who are on the 40 man roster who actually deserve a face. I can;t see how this will work; there's too many people that deserve faces that will be denied with this plan. Almost everybody on every team's 40 man roster deserves a face, and obviously that's not possible.

I think it would be better if there were a cyberface for each player in the majors and none for the managers

I wouldnt go that far. Having generic faces for the managers doesnt sound right. What I'd do is get rid of some faces for the lower AA, A Ball players who basically have no shot at the majors.

But really the best thing to do is to build up your models.big. Everyone has their own preferences.

It'll be interesting how you decide who is going to make all the faces that need to be made. Most cyberface makers have their own agendas and don't deal much with requests. Many faces are going to have to be made if this were to become a reality. You'd also be deleting a lot of faces of people who are on the 40 man roster who actually deserve a face. I can;t see how this will work; there's too many people that deserve faces that will be denied with this plan. Almost everybody on every team's 40 man roster deserves a face, and obviously that's not possible.

I agree, and like you said top prospects should have cyberfaces as well. I'm very much into that and would actually like seeing more of those instead of cyberfaces for backup catchers for example.

So here is what I have so far on who controls what team, if you have any questions regarding these teams, contact these people:

ChicagoCubs720 - Chicago Cubs

Guest - Oakland A's

angryrat - Chicago White Sox

adam2kennedy - Anaheim Angels

abless90 - Cincinnatti Reds

This is for roster regards. If you want to go for the cyberfaces of players which don't already have one, let me and the team "guru" know.

If you are in charge of a team, you need to find the 25 man rosters, and which 24 of those players deserve a cyberface. Then find the top 5 prospects from each MLB team that deserve a cybverface (if they are in the majors now, do not count them as prospects. For example, Francisco Liriano was a prospect entering the season but now is in the majors and therefore is no longer a prospect for this project.). If I need any more areas to be addressed, you will know.

as of right now, I'm looking into many ways to try and add cyberfaces above and beyond the 900 limit. I know nobody has yet to figure out a way, but I'm still looking. I already found a way to add at least one more cyberface: c000.fsh/c000.orl/c000.ord. The models.big isnt crashing when people add more uniforms, so what's keeping us from adding more than 900 cyberfaces?

Archived