Official MVP 06: MLB FINAL issues thread

krawhitham

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I recently encountered the Anaheim stadium crash.Is this crash a random one,because I played the first 3 games of the homestand just fine,but now I cant continue ,as the game keep crashing.

Anahiem's work's fine for me now, it used to crash in the beta. I have problems in the Braves stadium now.

I've looked through just about all but first 3 pages of this thread, so if the answer is in here somewhere, my aplogies.

I never had a problem with the game crashing before, but now no matter what, after I play a game in my dynasty MVP crashes. I've done this with a dynasty that I've been playing with for a while, also with a brand new dynasty, also with a fantasy draft dynasty, also with a total classics dynasty. Each of these was with a different team, and different stadiums. Any ideas as to the problem? I have mvp 2005, with patch 5, and mvp 06 update installed.

Any games I try and play at the following field’s crash.

Fenway Dusk, Fenway Night, Safeco Field Night and Turner Field Night.

I just finished checking all the other stadiums and these are the only ones crashing.

I tried installing “Big O’s Fenway Parkâ€, “Pirate’s Safeco Field†and “Pirate’s Turner Field Night†and I’m sure to no ones great surprise it still crashes.

The temporary fix I’m using right now is copying over the original stadiums from the disks, but I would really like to get at lest the Fenway stadiums working.

So any help is appreciated.

Well I see no one has found a solution to the fenway park crashing (thought Kraw would have by now).

For now I think I'm going to buy old Fenway and try playing those games against the Sox there until something is figured out.

Otherwise this game is great; except just this morning I noticed the cyberface on some players is wrong, does this get fixed with UR 8.0??

Also I was wondering is it possible to have the stadium announcer and the commentators say my actual name when my created player of myself comes up to bat??? (I'm gonna go search the forums now on it but if someone has the quick answer let me know, thanks.)

A lot of these crashing issues sound like memory issues. I havent installed the '06 version yet, but I have a majority of the mods installed for '05, including Moser's 2x unis and Schmooz' cyberfaces, and all stadium mods. I get a crash every once in a while but pretty infrequent. I play a majority of my games at HaloFans Angel Stadium and it has crashed there but not too often. Fenway works fine for me. The stadium mod I had trouble with was the last Marlins stadium mod with the LED scrolling banner. It would crash every time. I think there was a bug in the LED or the working scoreboard. I never had a problem with the previous mod for the Marlins Park.

I am thinking since I have only 512 Megs of RAM, that my adjustment of my Windows Virtual Memory is what helps me avoid crashes with all the Mods installed.

Make your minimum and maximum settings the same, so Windows isnt constantly resizing it for you. I go probably larger than I should with mine at 4096, but at least try 2048 and see if it resolves any of the issues.

I am holding off installing the '06 mod until I hear the alot of the crashes have been resolved, since mine works well as is.

Good luck

A lot of these crashing issues sound like memory issues. I havent installed the '06 version yet, but I have a majority of the mods installed for '05, including Moser's 2x unis and Schmooz' cyberfaces, and all stadium mods. I get a crash every once in a while but pretty infrequent. I play a majority of my games at HaloFans Angel Stadium and it has crashed there but not too often. Fenway works fine for me. The stadium mod I had trouble with was the last Marlins stadium mod with the LED scrolling banner. It would crash every time. I think there was a bug in the LED or the working scoreboard. I never had a problem with the previous mod for the Marlins Park.

I am thinking since I have only 512 Megs of RAM, that my adjustment of my Windows Virtual Memory is what helps me avoid crashes with all the Mods installed.

Make your minimum and maximum settings the same, so Windows isnt constantly resizing it for you. I go probably larger than I should with mine at 4096, but at least try 2048 and see if it resolves any of the issues.

I am holding off installing the '06 mod until I hear the alot of the crashes have been resolved, since mine works well as is.

Good luck

I didn’t think this would work (I already have 2GBs of RAM) but I tried it anyway. It didn’t work but it’s getting me in the mood to experiment with some stuff to try and see if I can fix it. Right now I’m going to try a fresh install of MVP 2005 and download Big O’s Fenway to see if it will work without any other mods installed.

Four fields crash on me, Fenway Dusk, Fenway Night, Safeco Field Night and Turner Field Night. But while two of the four field’s crash during the loading screen the other two Fenway Dusk and Turner Field Night don’t crash until the announcers are done presenting the game and it’s about to let you throw the first pitch. I can hit Esc during this to skip the introductions but it crashes immediately.

Good luck

how exactly do I do this?

how exactly do I do this?

Open up your “System Properties†menu, if you don’t know how to do this first open up Windows Explorer, and then right click on “My Computerâ€, after that select properties and viola the “System Properties†window pops up.

Open up your “System Properties†menu, if you don’t know how to do this first open up Windows Explorer, and then right click on “My Computerâ€, after that select properties and viola the “System Properties†window pops up.

Now select the “Advanced†tab, then under the first of the three boxes titled Performance, Visual effects, processor scheduling etc etc etc… select “Settingsâ€. The Performance Options†menu should now popup; select the “Advanced†tab once again then in the bottom box called “Virtual memory†click on “Changeâ€. From here you can change your paging file size aka virtual memory, just remember to click “Set†to apply the changes and you’ll need to restart your computer before any changes take affect.

PS: Anyone that is suffering from the Fenway Park crashing issue should take a look at this thread I started.

http://www.mvpmods.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=24433.html

Archived