Fixed so far

Mini game crash

Bank FIeld crash

mod/fanatic team tweek

busch stadium camera issues

http://www.eamods.com/index.php?name=Downl...e=details&id=16

and one install issue (I hope it is a user error issue) :twisted:

NEW studdering fix

This one contains 1x versions of KC's uniforms instead of the nasty EA default ones

http://www.eamods.com/index.php?name=Downl...e=details&id=11

Go Tribe Rocks

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So far I have

mini games

mod/fanatic teams face issues

busch stadium camera issues

and one install issue (I hope it is a user error issue) :twisted:

You might include the stuttering issue on this list, and just immediately refer people to that fix-file of yours. Just to nip any FAQ's in the bud as soon as possible.

EDIT: I see it is now included. It's like a create-your-own-adventure book around here. lol.

Chase Field crashes for some odd reason,

The exact same stadium does not crash with my other install which has 2x unis, faces etc etc, no crashes with graphically taxing parks like Anaheim or Fenway so it's definitely not my gfx card flipping out.

EDIT - It does not crash when using minor league teams, so perhaps it is uni (or catchers gear) related

However using KC's 2x unis on my other install, same stadium there is no crash.

I'm reposting my issue here, as it's the better place for it.

On my install... at the stage where it's setting up and installing... the one where it opens the tiny window and shows the % progress.... after that finished it gave me a list of about 50 errors as the file was broken.

This is gonna hurt me isnt it? Hoping someone can help me out here... and most importantly, would it hurt to open the game once everything finishes installing and if something really is broken, is it going to corrupt a bunch of stuff and force me to reinstall everything?

I am going from a fresh install of the game. Windows XP Home. Using the right folder.

An update on this problem is... I decided to try opening the game anyways. During the loading screen with the modders names on it, the game reverted back to windows and gave me the "program f'd up, do you wanna send an error report" window.

I will try reinstalling the mod now.

Chase Field crashes for some odd reason,

The exact same stadium does not crash with my other install which has 2x unis, faces etc etc, no crashes with graphically taxing parks like Anaheim or Fenway so it's definitely not my gfx card flipping out.

EDIT - It does not crash when using minor league teams, so perhaps it is uni (or catchers gear) related

However using KC's 2x unis on my other install, same stadium there is no crash.

What teams were you using when it crashed, maybe it is a face issue

Okay, an update on mine. On the reinstall, I got the same error, but this time I believe there are less files with problems.

Since last time I actually unzipped the install file and everything else instead of leaving it in the RAR and running it from there.

Here are the errors:

D:Program FilesEA SPORTSMVP Baseball 2005unpMVP06.exe

CRC failed in '06filesaudiopbp-dat7861d.dat'. File is broken.

CRC failed in '06filesportrait1536.fsh'. File is broken.

CRC failed in '06filesportrait3172.fsh'. File is broken.

CRC failed in '06filesportrait7935.fsh'. File is broken.

I'm not going to do them all, but there's 16 total. A couple stadium files, 6 models files are also errors plus the ones above.

What teams were you using when it crashed, maybe it is a face issue

It does it with any major league team,

I've used eight different teams (ARI vs STL TB vs BOS TEX vs ARI & Random AA team vs Random AA team (which work fine)) , then tried those same teams again in a different ballpark and they play fine

Okay, an update on mine. On the reinstall, I got the same error, but this time I believe there are less files with problems.

Since last time I actually unzipped the install file and everything else instead of leaving it in the RAR and running it from there.

Here are the errors:

D:Program FilesEA SPORTSMVP Baseball 2005unpMVP06.exe

CRC failed in '06filesaudiopbp-dat7861d.dat'. File is broken.

CRC failed in '06filesportrait1536.fsh'. File is broken.

CRC failed in '06filesportrait3172.fsh'. File is broken.

CRC failed in '06filesportrait7935.fsh'. File is broken.

I'm not going to do them all, but there's 16 total. A couple stadium files, 6 models files are also errors plus the ones above.

Sounds like your download is corrupt (in which case download it again) or maybe you have an out of date version of winrar (but then you would probably get errors when extracting it)

Btw, definitely don't run the install from within winrar, extract it to it's own folder first then run it.

You might include the stuttering issue on this list, and just immediately refer people to that fix-file of yours. Just to nip any FAQ's in the bud as soon as possible.

For anyone that might still be wondering - this file (which installs the original 1x uniforms over the 2x ones included with the '06 mod) completely removed any stuttering problem for me. The new gloves are still present, but the new uniforms and catcher's gear is gone.

ouch, bad download? well i did download it from the mirror site.

I started them both and when the mirror was at 100mb and the other was at 40, i stuck with the mirror.

On another try of the installation, there were over 7000 errors. So I'm going to try a new download and hope for the best.

Oh and one more thing... how do I uninstall the mod? Don't tell me I have to do another fresh install of MVP.

Can I just write over everything?

I do not understand how Winrar can extract the install file if the install file has errors

Winrar should give your errors

here are the things that could explain it

Bad download (not seeing that if Winrar does not error out)

Overclocked PC

Bad memory

CPU too hot (I have that problem now with my laptop)

old Winrar version

Not using Winrar (but a 3rd party program)

do you know what a par2 file is?

It does it with any major league team,

I've used eight different teams (ARI vs STL TB vs BOS TEX vs ARI & Random AA team vs Random AA team (which work fine)) , then tried those same teams again in a different ballpark and they play fine

What is wrong with me

http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?name=Down...details&id=1248

Read the last review (1st in list)

the PC is not overclocked, haven't had a problem with memory, and the CPU temp is monitored and I'm alerted when it gets too hot.

was using version 3.2 of winrar, but i just updated it and downloaded the mvp06 version that was just uploaded on this site.

In the unzipping process, I got this WinRAR Diagnostic message:

D:Program Filesmvp06final.rar: CRC failed in install.exe. This file is corrupt.

Also, do you have AIM or MSN kraw? If so and you could help me out on there... mine are listed below.

Thanks for the continuing help...

Kraw, I love ya man. Everything is working great for me. No errors so far. Looking forward to the update!

BTW everyone, Game 1 of the MVPmods World Series:

Forum Fanatics - 3

MVP Modders - 2

Y4L got the win and pitched 7 strong innings striking out 12. He has a hell of a fastball. MarkB got the save after almost blowing it of the bat of Kraw, but Olyrunner snared it at the wall to end the game. Snepp went 4-4 for the Fanatics with a 2 run jack shot.

Great work again Kraw, take some time off man. :hail:

A fix for the Shane Reynolds crash: This is only if you are experiencing game crashes when playing the mini-games.

Exit the game if it hasn't booted you already, and go into the database folder that has the roster files. Open up attrib.dat with notepad or wordpad, whichever, and search for Reynolds.

One name will popup, and it will be Mark Reynolds. Paste this under his player info:

0f844e070,0 Shane,1 Reynolds,2 37,3 0,4 0,5 0,6 10,7 27,8 115,9 29,10 244,11 1,12 0,13 0,14 0,15 0,16 1,17 743,18 1,19 5,20 11,21 0,22 0,23 43,24 12,25 11,26 10,27 10,28 2,29 0,30 0,31 1,32 1,33 0,34 0,35 0,36 0,37 0,38 2,39 0,40 2,41 1,42 0,43 0,44 0,45 7391,;

copy this verbatim, save it and start your game up. This happens on occasions where you might want to edit a roster in MVPEdit and export it, as it leaves out the data required for Shane Reynolds, who is used as a BP pitcher for the batting minigames.

Cheers!

Archived